More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 06:17:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  DAC in pets
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: DAC in pets  (Read 2505 times)
Jade
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
DAC in pets
« on: 2006 October 24, 11:40:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I searched and didn't find anything about this.  I was wondering if anyone has been brave and tried delete all characters in a new custom hood since Pets has come out.  Did they fix it at all since OFB?  Is townie regeneration still broken? Do the strays get properly deleted?  I should check this out myself I guess, but I thought I'd ask first, in case there is anything to be careful of.
Soylent Sim
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: DAC in pets
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 24, 14:04:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There have been reports of maids not properly regenerating, and for some reason you need to set the townie-creator tree to create downtownies before the game does it right.  There are also new sim scores information in simpe, but I usually flush those along with everything else post-DAC.  Probably some other stuff I haven't come across as well.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 24, 14:15:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think the townie generator is fixed, the code looks absolutely identical.
As I haven't installed Pets yet I can't answer your other questions. I expect it is as broken as ever: use the method outlined in my thread instead.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 25, 05:13:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's certainly something different in the code.

I got pets today, and as I can't abide the PV townies, I decided to live dangerously and DACed the custom hood I started.  I was then able to generate townies by clicking on the letter box.  The testing cheats options on the letter box are different, and the game happily generated townies for me...  It no longer attempts to show the faces of the townies, but there were no errors, no glitches, no problems...  yet!  This was all before I added any subhoods at all.

I'll let you know if any problems arise. 
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 25, 07:13:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm... maybe it calls a different option. More investigation is needed.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: