More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 07:34:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Custom Skintones
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Custom Skintones  (Read 3936 times)
Coolness
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Custom Skintones
« on: 2006 October 23, 01:43:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A few days ago I created new skintones for my neighborhood and applied them to all residents.  Now, on some of them it looks like I forgot to change the color of the scalp from the brown (is it supposed to be hair?) to flesh color; is there any way I can edit the currently installed skintone itself or do I need to go through the whole create in bodyshop/add dummy sims to hold skintone/change in SimPe ordeal? 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Custom Skintones
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 23, 04:55:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do NOT add dummy sims, unless you know how to properly delete sims.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 23, 05:55:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried contacting the creator to see if there is a problem?

Coolness
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 23, 13:59:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the file table in SimPe is confusing to me, so the dummy sims were a necessity.  I just make them townies after.  Can you point me towards a method of deleting the dummies?

And it's not really any creator's fault; I combined two creators' skintones, because I really liked the males in one set and the females in another.  I was checking the scalp colors in bodyshop before importing them into the game, but I guess I missed some.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 23, 14:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can use SimPE to change the skintone of any Sim.

First check the family IDs of the skintone you want to replace, and the one you want to use.

In SimPE, click on the Sim in Sim Description. Under More, open the SDNA.
Replace the old skintone family ID with the new one, and commit.
Repeat for the other Sims.
Save, and next time you load these Sims they'll have a new skintone.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 23, 14:46:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you have to go through all that just to edit a skintone with photoshop? I have never had to do that, just open the skin, edit the texture, update save and done...the edited skin passes on its changes to the person wearing it as long as you only edited the texture...but I guess maybe things have changed since the last time I made skins?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 23, 14:57:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No? I thought allegoric duck wanted to know how to replace a skintone on Sims, since he was referring to the dummy Sim non-method.
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 23, 15:01:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you have to go through all that just to edit a skintone with photoshop? I have never had to do that, just open the skin, edit the texture, update save and done...the edited skin passes on its changes to the person wearing it as long as you only edited the texture...but I guess maybe things have changed since the last time I made skins?

But there are occasions where you want to change a sim's skin, and still keep the old skin for other sims, that's where you have to change the sim's DNA.

Fortunately, there's no need to change the material definitions in the character package, as the game will automagically do that when you load the sim Smiley
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 23, 15:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A few days ago I created new skintones for my neighborhood and applied them to all residents.  Now, on some of them it looks like I forgot to change the color of the scalp from the brown (is it supposed to be hair?) to flesh color; is there any way I can edit the currently installed skintone itself or do I need to go through the whole create in bodyshop/add dummy sims to hold skintone/change in SimPe ordeal? 

sorry for the confusion.

Just edit the skintone using phtoshop/whatever and simpe. As far as the file table is concerned its just a matter of in your case replacing the (I think) 4 bald scalps, I would do all of the scalps since its hard to tell sometimes which ones have been edited and which ones havent. So on the left side in simpe once you open the package, you pick textures, then on the right side look at the list, I usually sort the heading by name and go through clicking on each one - the bald scalp do say bald something so they should be easy to find. Click on bald scalp and then click on plugin, rightclick on the picture and choose build, navigate to your bald skin you want to use and choose it, just make sure it matches the age group you have selected, then choose ok, committ and move on to the next one. Once you have then all replaced, file save and you are done.
Coolness
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 24, 03:26:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome.  Thanks so much guys; I'll try this tomorrow and see if I can get it to work.  Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: