More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 09:08:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Using mirror crashes to desktop?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Using mirror crashes to desktop?  (Read 2627 times)
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Using mirror crashes to desktop?
« on: 2006 August 14, 03:27:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have one sim who cannot use the mirror or Pescado's clothing tool. I've tested other sims, even in the same household. Everyone else can use them just fine, but this sim causes the game to crash to desktop "This application has crashed. This application will now terminate." I can't generate an error log.

I'm not sure why it's just him. He has custom content (hair, beard, eyebrows, eyeliner) but it's nothing new. Other sims wearing these CC can use the mirror. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? He's my Legacy founder's husband, so I'm kind of attached to the sim.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Using mirror crashes to desktop?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 14, 03:31:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea why this would happen offhand, but it might be related to bad meshes, just like the entire "dress-as-top" crash.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 14, 03:47:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea why this would happen offhand, but it might be related to bad meshes, just like the entire "dress-as-top" crash.

He's wearing maxis clothing, and the meshes aren't causing problems with anyone else.

Ah well, I'm barely into that Legacy. I'll just scrap the neighborhood. I have enough problems with constant driver-related crashes, I don't need this one.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 14, 04:18:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before you give up, I'd recommend removing all custom content and testing if it still happens. Don't save the game when you're testing it without custom content, just exit without saving when you're done. If it works normally without custom content, then you're going to have to narrow it down to smaller groups until you get to the bottom to the download that causes it.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 14, 04:36:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before you give up, I'd recommend removing all custom content and testing if it still happens. Don't save the game when you're testing it without custom content, just exit without saving when you're done. If it works normally without custom content, then you're going to have to narrow it down to smaller groups until you get to the bottom to the download that causes it.

Whoops. Deleted the neighborhood already.  Embarrassed

Not that it matters, because my Blue Screen of Video Driver Death came right on schedule.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: