More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 04:00:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Careers requiring university
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Careers requiring university  (Read 3555 times)
katemonster
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Careers requiring university
« on: 2005 September 10, 06:24:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hopefully anyone familiar with the code of this game or the ways of poking around in it can answer this question. How are the University-only careers marked as such? Is there an easily accessible tag somewhere which marks those four careers as requiring a degree, and can this be edited? I would really, really like to make it make sense--you do not need a college degree to go into show biz, and you (generally, hopefully) do to become a doctor. If I could edit this, would it break all the pre-uni sims that I currently have in careers which I would change to require uni?
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Careers requiring university
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 10, 11:10:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a hack at Simslice - a cap, that allows pre-made Uni sims to choose the new jobs. But the minus is - you don't get the carreer reward.

But you can download Two-Jeff's carreer colections at Variousimmers, and you will get all the carreer rewards, without sending the pre-made sims to the new jobs...Smiley.
Jorenne
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 10, 16:04:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, I don't think that's quite what she asked Gali lol.

To be honest, I'm nowhere near the level of JM or Two-Jeffs or anything like that, but I am thinking that if you can force sims that haven't been to Uni into uni only jobs with various types of hacks (such as the career selector on the insim and such)  That if these are editable they shouldn't (but I make no promises) cause errors with pre-uni sims in the jobs, however I haven't been able to find what makes these careers different.  I too would like it to make sense over which careers need degrees and which don't.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 10, 16:24:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, I don't think that's quite what she asked Gali lol.

Jorenne, I know exactly what  katemonster wants - to use the SimPe and edit it thus, that the pre-made sims can get the new jobs...Smiley.

As it seems not to be possible without transiting the adults to teens and send them to college to graduate - I gave her a simple other option: to download TJ collections.

I have it, and just now I resurrected Mortimer Goth, when Cassie and her husband (CAS sim) are adult, in sciense job. Why bother with the new jobs, if I have the rewards?
Jorenne
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 10, 18:20:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you'll find what she was asking was if she could edit the job flags so that she could change[/b] what jobs require having gone to uni in the first place.

Help us out here Katemonster lol.
katemonster
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 10, 19:06:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, sorry gali...

I know of the hacks that will let you put pre-uni sims into the uni careers, but what I really want is to make the whole career thing make sense. I want to change it so the Artist, Show Biz, Paranormal careers no longer require uni (so not only pre-uni sims, but also sims that I *choose* not to send to uni, can be in them) because it doesn't make sense for those careers to require a degree. And I want to change it so Science, Medicine, and probably some others *do* require uni--because that is just what makes sense.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: