More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 11:34:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Newborn disappeared! Argh!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Newborn disappeared! Argh!!  (Read 3235 times)
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
Newborn disappeared! Argh!!
« on: 2006 August 04, 18:40:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to admit, I've stumbled across more bugs since I started playing OFB than in the entire time I've played Sims 2.  Most are minor annoyances, but this one is really distressing.

Husband and wife.  She got pregnant.  Normal pregnancy, resulting in newborn baby girl.

Problem: after she was born, only the mother had a relationship with her that was 0/0.  She showed up in the family tree, but no other family members had a relationship score of even having known her.  Furthermore, no baby interactions were available on any objects that normally offered them.  That is, no "Feed Bottle" on the fridge, and the new baby crib and changing station had no interactions available at all.  I decided maybe the best thing to do was save the family and re-enter the lot.  Disaster!  No baby on the family lot picture, and once I was in... NO BABY!!! No spot for her on the control panel.  No relationship listed with any family member. She's completely disappeared from the lot.

Anyone know if there's a fix for this?  Or is little Naomi a goner???   Angry

UPDATE:  I looked at the problem using SimPE and found something interesting.  Baby Naomi was associated with the Blanchard family instead of her own.  She's completely unrelated to the Blanchards.  The only connection I can make is that I was playing the Blanchard family just before Naomi's family.  But I switched from the Blanchard family to the Vargas family just before Naomi's birth using the "List" function in JMP's lot syncher object.

Could this be the reason Naomi got placed there?  Some information from the previous family was being held on to because I didn't use the normal procedure of exiting to the neighborhood before the Vargas family was loaded? Huh
« Last Edit: 2006 August 04, 19:23:59 by AllenABQ » Logged
wishy-washy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Newborn disappeared! Argh!!
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 04, 19:27:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe the lot jump feature of the lot synch timer is not supposed to be used as of OFB. Check the lot synch timer thread in the firing range.

Be your own fish.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 04, 22:11:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sounds like the lot jumping feature is what's caused it.

it was disabled for a while, but it was re-enabled withthe strict warnings that no births, marriages or move ins occur until the lot has been exited and reloaded.

I hope you can re-attach the child to the right family in simpe
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 05, 00:09:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pays to read the thread, doesn't it? LOL

Well at least I know not to do it again in the future.

I did manange to get the child re-attached to the right family, and everything appears fine now.  Thanks.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 05, 02:16:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now this sounds like a great way to arrange a surrogate birth ...

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 05, 13:56:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the exact same thing happen with Pascal Curious' alien baby, and yes, I supect it was caused by not reading tfm of the lot synchronizer in my case.
The baby is now living happily with the Beakers, and although Pascal remembers having the baby, he's not listed as a parent, and he doesn't seem to miss her.

Shortly after I contracted Maxis ADHD and went to play a custom neigbourhood in stead.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: