More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 12:29:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Servo and the broken shower
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Servo and the broken shower  (Read 6898 times)
pamysue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Servo and the broken shower
« on: 2006 June 26, 03:34:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally decided to buy a Servo for my widowed Sim who has a sloppy teenage daughter.  He was quite handy.  Until I told him to repair a broken shower.  Didn't really stop to think about the water spraying and I guess that's what happened.  All his needs except environment went full red and he ran outside to recharge just smoking and shorting out.

I left him there for a full day but all needs were still red.  No Sims had an iinteraction available with him.  Called a repairman and he just walked right past him.  He's been powering up for 3 days now with no change to any needs.  I bought another Servo to see if he would fix the broken one, but no dice.

So is that the deal?  They don't die, they just stand at your sidewalk spewing sparks for eternity?

It's a shame that stupidity isn't painful.
firelizard
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Servo and the broken shower
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 26, 04:05:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When the same happened to my servo the sim who built her, in possesion of a gold robot talent badge, was able to repair the robot.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 26, 04:53:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

servos get damaged when repairing showers or entering the pool or hot tub. They can repair tubs without issue. When a servo breaks like that they have to be repaired by a playable sim or another servo.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 26, 06:27:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a hack on modthesims2 to make Servos imune against Water. http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=151932 Have it works fine they could go in the Swimmingpool. And dont break.
« Last Edit: 2006 June 26, 06:48:07 by Havelock » Logged
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 26, 14:58:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but then how will you kill them?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 26, 15:52:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's more than one way to kill a Servo. However, they can't die in water anyway (they just Run Amok, destroying all humans they encounter in the process).

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
pamysue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 26, 17:25:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

servos get damaged when repairing showers or entering the pool or hot tub. They can repair tubs without issue. When a servo breaks like that they have to be repaired by a playable sim or another servo.

None of my playable Sims in that house or the other Servo were able to have any interactions with the broken Servo.  My Sims don't have robot badges, not sure if that made a difference.  They bought the Servos online with Monique's computer.   Wink

I don't know if the second Servo has a robot badge or not.  Forgot to check.  But he was not able to have any interactions with him either.  I tried waiting until the sun went down also, thinking maybe they couldn't work on him while he was trying to power up, but no dice.  I suppose I will just have to moveObjects and delete him.

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 26, 17:40:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try reseting the servo first, either via the FFS Lot Debugger (if an option comes up) or using debug mode (testingcheats on, shift click -> force error -> reset). See if that allows you to have interactions with it.

Ste

firelizard
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 27, 14:03:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It also might help if you forcibly assigned your Sim a gold robotics talent badge. This can be done with various non-awesome hacks, or from debug mode. Activate "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true" in the cheat window, then spawn the "Badge Juicer." Don't forget to disable debug mode (by typing "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled false") after you are finished to avoid spontaneous game explosions.
pamysue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 27, 18:38:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great ideas.  Thanks!  I will give these a try before deleting the sparking hunk 'o metal.  Smiley

liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 27, 22:23:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

spontaneous game explosions..teehee.

I play normally in debug mode, I never turn it off. If there are errors, I like seeing them so I can figure out what causes them. So far, as long as I don't have any conflicting hacks, I can play a regular, error free game in debug mode.
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 June 28, 01:11:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried killing a robot, but after he swam in the pool broken for hours, stood broken in a room with flies for hours, stayed broken outside for hours, I tried everything, he was still there. AND to my utter surprise I kept getting a message "Do you wish to hire a repairman???" every few minutes of game play.  I had none of my sims call or use the phone.  That robot did not even have a phone!!

So how do you make them die, will the GR come for them or do you have to delete them and I did delete it but when I came back to the lot, there he was all back to normal!! 

I so wish someone could make a robot like the Sims1, it was soooo much better and didn't have to take care of it like a regular Sim!!

anyhoo, thanks for listening to my rant today. Roll Eyes Wink
eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 June 28, 01:25:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmmmm that's weird.  I killed mine by using the death by flies cheat and yes, the Grim Reaper did come and he got a tombstone.

Any connection between my reality and yours is purely coincidental...
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 June 28, 01:31:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

if it can't repair the damn shower, then what good is it?

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 June 28, 02:20:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AND to my utter surprise I kept getting a message "Do you wish to hire a repairman???" every few minutes of game play.  I had none of my sims call or use the phone.  That robot did not even have a phone!!

Actually, servos do have a phone -- they have a built-in emergency phone that will automatically dial up the repairman when they're broken. Kinda like a cell phone that can only dial 911. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 June 28, 02:41:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, if a Servo breaks it will attempt to summon a repairman if no one around can fix it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 June 29, 18:20:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shocked well I'll be horn swoggled, I don't remember reading about that feature in the Prima guide!

Thanks for the info guys! Grin

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 June 29, 18:52:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

However, they can't die in water anyway

You mean if you put them in the pool and remove the ladder, they will just float or swim or whatever robots do - forever?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: