More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 14:02:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bugged Strangetown and Veronaville characters?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bugged Strangetown and Veronaville characters?  (Read 12287 times)
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
Re: Bugged Strangetown and Veronaville characters?
« Reply #25 on: 2006 May 26, 21:45:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NL may have fixed ther alien skintone but those sims are still missing DNA which they need if they are ever going to reproduce.

Check this out,  Jonny in my game has 20 days left until he becomes elder, but every day at 6pm he gets a pop up that says he has one day left and he doesnt age at all.   I have to use insimenator to subtract a day each night at 6pm.  This has been going on since he moved back to ST from LFT.  Ophelia graduated college with him and she ages normal. 

That happens with just about every sim in my game, I just figured it was a side effect of the kitten killer.

jase
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 May 28, 00:36:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to read the documentation but since I only have notepad its just a jumbled mess...

You can find WordPad located under Start | All Programs | Accessories on Windows 98, 2000, and Windows XP.

Quote from: Ellatrue
Quote from: StarrKist
...but every day at 6pm he gets a pop up that says he has one day left and he doesnt age at all
That happens with just about every sim in my game, I just figured it was a side effect of the kitten killer.
It's not normal.  The junk townie bug can cause this, however, there was a bug discovered two or three months back that occurred on systems where Nightlife had been installed but University was not.  This "redundant birthday popups" bug was corrected in a earlier release.  You may just need to download the very latest version of InTeen for your game.

Quote from: Jordi
Spawning the biological clock *should* fix the bugs
Spawning the Biological Clock fixes those conflicts that screw up the InTeenimater (mostly age related).  But there are other problems with Strangetown and Veronaville that InTeen does not address.  For instance, many of the sims have junk DNA, crapped out family trees, and memories.  If you're lucky enough to breed two of them together you can crash the game.  I've reproduced this many times in a completely virgin installation of the game devoid of kitten killers and any other content.  Other townies appear in the game as 65000+ days old.  I don't know what to say, except that those neighborhoods are ticking time bombs - Strangetown, being the worst of the 3.
« Last Edit: 2006 May 28, 00:42:20 by jase » Logged

Isn't it about time you did your part in God's plan?  Go on, install InTeen today.  What would Jesus do?
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 May 28, 01:33:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wanted to second (or is it third) the comments that Strangetown is bugged without InTeen.  All I have are MATY hacks and I have had big issues with Strangetown - I don't even bother trying to play it anymore.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 May 28, 01:59:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep forgetting not everyone bothers replacing Strangetown and Verona with a fixed template… then again I stopped playing the Maxis 'hoods before NL came out.
Pyrobon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 May 28, 02:01:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bleh, i decided not to play them a long time ago. I stick with Plesantville and my custom neighborhood Tongue
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2006 May 28, 02:12:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I cloned the Sims I wanted to play from the Maxis neighborhoods and put them in a custom.  At least the genetics are fixed in that sense since they're CAS.   Roll Eyes  Now to figure out how to make a neighborhood with a blank slate (no townies!) since these people are multiplying like rabbits.   Undecided

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 May 28, 03:18:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SaraMK did this already - see http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=4306.0
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 May 28, 03:23:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can find WordPad located under Start | All Programs | Accessories on Windows 98, 2000, and Windows XP.
Haha thanks guys I forget I have that since everything tries to automatically open with Notepad...Guess I should right-click and choose Open With the next time i get something that Notepad cant read...Of Course I could just go to Walmart and get Microsoft Office for $99, except the last Time i went they were out...
This "redundant birthday popups" bug was corrected in a earlier release.  You may just need to download the very latest version of InTeen for your game.
I have FFP now, but I do have the latest inteen.  I havent played Strangetown since I put inteen in though.
« Last Edit: 2006 May 28, 03:29:47 by StarrKist » Logged

ISFJ
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 May 28, 09:07:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha thanks guys I forget I have that since everything tries to automatically open with Notepad...Guess I should right-click and choose Open With the next time i get something that Notepad cant read...Of Course I could just go to Walmart and get Microsoft Office for $99, except the last Time i went they were out...
Or you could download OpenOffice.org. It's free, and has most of the features of Microsoft Office.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 May 28, 09:17:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was probably quick to point the blame at Inteen.  But a few oddities led me to assume that's what it was.  I had never had any problems before with moving Strangetown and Veronaville sims to college or finding their own place.  And it didn't start until Inteen was in my game.  But like I said, in the end it solved everything.

NL may have fixed ther alien skintone but those sims are still missing DNA which they need if they are ever going to reproduce.

Check this out,  Jonny in my game has 20 days left until he becomes elder, but every day at 6pm he gets a pop up that says he has one day left and he doesnt age at all.   I have to use insimenator to subtract a day each night at 6pm.  This has been going on since he moved back to ST from LFT.  Ophelia graduated college with him and she ages normal. 

I've got something that may be related happening with the main Monty household in Veronaville.  Patrizo and Isabella won't age, but Mercutio and Romeo will.  I finally just took matters into my own hands and used Merola's Multi-Painting to add days to their age when needed.  Then when Patrizo's age bar was full he wouldn't die.  So I had to use Rodney's Death Creator to make him die of old age.
kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 May 29, 04:19:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing Veronaville exclusively since the original Sims2 and although I have my own extended family I occasionally play the Maxis ones - my sims tend to fall for them  Embarrassed

I've got something that may be related happening with the main Monty household in Veronaville.  Patrizo and Isabella won't age, but Mercutio and Romeo will.

I noticed that Patrizio Monty's age is 1 day or something silly - I sent Mercutio and Romeo to Uni so they aged like that and are now adults.  I haven't been back since one of my 3rd generation sims married Mercutio.  I'll have to play them again and see.

Don't buy a Gnome with learning difficulties - It's not big and its not clever!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: