More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 03:07:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Where do empty packages come from?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Where do empty packages come from?  (Read 3244 times)
taichikitten
Asinine Airhead

Life in Digital

View Profile
Where do empty packages come from?
« on: 2005 August 03, 20:24:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll admit, I'm a compulsive downloader, but I also try to be a safe one.  I check everything through Clean Installer and get rid of anything that looks the least bit suspicious, and I have all of my downloads neatly organized into the proper folders, so that I know where everything is.  However, I've been noticing lately then whenever I open Clean Installer to move things around and do general housekeeping, I'll find a whole stack of packages in the top downloads folder that are categorized as "Empty Packages" (and thus marked in pink in Clean Installer).  The file names are always a string of senseless numbers and letters.  I always simply remove these packages, but being curious I have to wonder why they are there.  I thought maybe they were just corrupted packages, but none of the items that I've downloaded have seemed to turn up missing.  So, where have these Empty Packages come from?

I'm not looking at this as a problem, I'm simply curious.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: