More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 11:24:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Eat the Birthday Cake!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Eat the Birthday Cake!  (Read 5199 times)
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Eat the Birthday Cake!
« on: 2006 May 18, 04:21:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yesterday I was very embarrased. The Mashuga's girl, Joy, blow up the candles on the birthday cake, and as I wanted her to keep being slim, I cancelled the "eat cake" queue, and deleted the cake with 'moveobjects on'.

Ha!!! Joy  was teen alright, but in the lower panel she appeared at  "grow up" stage, and no Life Time Want appearred, no turn-ons, and no turn-offs.

I had to change it manually with the Enhanser outside the game, and only then things went as usual.

So, pass on the diet - eat the cake, or your sim won't grow up. Begin the diet tomorrow...Smiley.

« Last Edit: 2006 May 18, 20:40:55 by gali » Logged
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Eat the Birthday Cake!
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 18, 04:33:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With NL, I noticed that there was a weird thing with LTW's not actually being visible until I save & exit the lot, then re-enter.  Or sometimes even seeing it, then having it change the next time I load the lot.

Although I never saw the teenage Sim still with a grow-up aspiration.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 18, 04:33:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Er, why try to delete the cake when it's still in use in the first place? I don't usually let my Sims eat the cake (I keep them fed well enough already, thanks), but I just cancel the interaction for all of them and give them other things to do, including telling one of them to Clean Up the cake.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 18, 04:41:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that deleting the cake in mid-action like that is what did it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 18, 04:46:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With NL, I noticed that there was a weird thing with LTW's not actually being visible until I save & exit the lot, then re-enter.  Or sometimes even seeing it, then having it change the next time I load the lot.

Although I never saw the teenage Sim still with a grow-up aspiration.

I have noticed this glitch too, but I have OFB. So clearly it has not been fixed in any of the patches.

The other way to fix it is to reroll the wants by activating debug mode and clicking on the Aspiration icon. As soon as you do that, 99% of the time you get an LTW. I've had a few stuck more stubbornly though. Then the lot has to be reloaded like you said.

Fail.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 18, 13:37:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ran into major challenges last year when deleting a cake while it was in use with the moveobjects command.  Wound up with triplets because one toddler didn't age, but his sibling twins did make the transition into toddlerhood.  Plus, the kid that was held back as a toddler aged badly and has been an unappealing character since.

Never used it again on a birthday cake; far easier to have a family member clean it up after the celebration is over.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 18, 13:45:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only ever use the cake to transition babies to toddlers. I always cancel the 'eat cake' interaction and delete the cake. I don't think it does anything to the baby/tot. I don't even hold birthday parties anymore because I kept getting the timing wrong!

Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 18, 15:13:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OTOH, sometimes I want my Sims to eat the cake (in lieu of a meal) because they're usually hungry around that time and it fills them up fast, but they often completely ignore the cake and start cooking something else. I don't like seeing food go to waste!

My Sims don't usually get fat from eating cake - it's usually Elders with high cooking points eating ribs or something like that. Outside of having high cooking skills, are Elders programmed to get fat more easily? It seems they need much closer attention than Adult Sims in this regard.

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 18, 18:33:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't like seeing food go to waste!

Forget about buying food - buy snapdragons instead!   Grin

I place a vase on the floor next to each bed.  The Sims might go to bed hungry but by the time they wake up, their need bars are full.  That takes care of breakfast.   They're at school/work for lunch most of the time, but if at home, have them read or play next to the snaps and you can skip that meal too.

Great for toddlers, but you do have to move the flowers in after the kid has had SmartMilk.  Then the toddler will  be happy skilling for longer and won't need the potty as much.

Wanna see YAs actually have fun writing their term papers?  Put snapdragons on each side of them. 

They're great for pregnant women, crabby kids, crafters, studying, etc. and are making Gabby's Flora and Fauna flower shop megabucks.

Thank you, Maxis!

ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 18, 18:35:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I just dumb, or did I miss something? (Wait, don't answer that!)

What snapdragons? (Please answer that.)

Huh

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 May 18, 18:49:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With a gold crafting badge in floral, you can make snapdragons.  They are a type of aphrodisiac which keeps the Sims needs fulfilled (except for energy, but who needs sleep anyway when you're high?) 

There is an evil version, which I haven't come across yet.  That one supposedly makes them pee all over the floor, pass out, or die.  Since kids and toddlers are never injured in the game, I don't worry about evil snapdragons in their rooms.

Maybe there should be a snapdragon challenge:  How long can you go without ever buying groceries...
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 May 18, 19:19:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you! I haven't installed OFB yet, so that explains much.
(It's in the mail...hoping for pre-weekend)

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 May 18, 22:09:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The snapdragons also work well for kids that don't like doing their homework, and I always keep some on the counters next to my cashiers also

Axe murdered since 2006
Plu
Asinine Airhead

Have you seen tea?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 May 18, 22:21:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe there should be a snapdragon challenge:  How long can you go without ever buying groceries...

Ok..so I'll put my sim to bed, line the room with snapdragons...and wait for my computer to die? Cos that'll happen before the Sim will need groceries! Or, indeed, anything.  Grin

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 May 18, 22:36:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims don't usually get fat from eating cake - it's usually Elders with high cooking points eating ribs or something like that. Outside of having high cooking skills, are Elders programmed to get fat more easily? It seems they need much closer attention than Adult Sims in this regard.

Yea, it kinda seems that way.  I have one elder who has 10 body points, was always fit, who suddenly dropped like a stone to 'fat' within 3-4 days of turning elder. It also seems to take a lot of yoga to get elder sims over the line to the next fitness level.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: