More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 03, 07:05:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Resurrecting Bugs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Resurrecting Bugs  (Read 18669 times)
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
Re: Resurrecting Bugs
« Reply #25 on: 2006 April 21, 06:03:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing I can think of is that Maxis unlinked Lyla (and perhaps others) in OFB due to problems when they were resurrected.  
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 April 21, 14:23:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, Gali, it's back to the future. Tongue

Grin Grin Grin Back to the cheatings! - more and more I dislike this EP.
SockMonkey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 April 26, 18:17:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I play now OFB, and it seems that you can't resurrect pre-dead sims anymore. I enterred General Grunt house, and tried to resurrect Lyla. Buzz got the message, that he doesn't know anybody to resurrect.

While, in NL, I tried the same, and Lyla's name popped up immediately.  Did we return to previous EPs (Uni)?

I think Gali may be right.  Since I could not find a copy of my old Lyla, I tried the same thing using the newest SimPE version with NL and OFB installed.  I was able to export Lyla to Body Shop like always, but when I selected the image to clone her the Body Shop program crashed.  So, I guess you aren't able to resurrect the older Sims anymore with OFB installed.  Too bad.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 April 26, 18:43:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SockMonkey, just yesterday I uninstalled OFB, and remained with Uni and NL only. First thing I did was, enter Strange Town and try to resurrect Lyla Grunt with the O-Nomitron - without using SimPe at all.

Buzz called the Grim Reaper, and Lyla's name popped immediately in the window.

While, when I played OFB, I got the message that Buzz don't know anyone to resurrect.

...Down with OFB...Smiley.
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 April 26, 22:10:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm...  I have all the EPs and was able to resurrect Mortimer Goth's grandparents (the Goth ones), his Grandpa Simon Crumplebottom, and his Aunt (Simon's daughter), but apparently poor Mortimer didn't know his Grandma Crumplebottom nor his parent's because it said he didn't know anymore dead people.  Huh 

The only reason I resurrected them in the first place is I tried to move the graves to Gothier Green Lawns and lost the damned things somehow. I'm just glad I had decided to leave the parent Goths in the home graveyard, or they would have been lost forever.  Roll Eyes

Stupid Maxis! lol
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 April 26, 22:28:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Career Reward that revived sims was always screwy, it declared one of my sims dead when they really weren't.  However, they were never messed up when they came back.  The last time I even messed with the thing was NL though, they probably changed a few things since OFB.

Does the No Character File Shredding hack by Pescado improve the ressurection probability?
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 April 26, 23:01:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think they are just unlinked so all you have to do if you are in SimPe is choose Tools > Neighbourhood > Sim Browser and find the sim you want to be able to resurrect.  Check to see if there is either a blue or pink, or both boxes in the top left of the sim's picture.  If there is just a blue box (which means the sim is unlinked) then you should be able to resurrect the sim by changing one little detail.  If there is a pink box at all (which means there is no character data) then you have a problem.

Click on the sim that you want to resurrect (if only a blue box is present) and then select open.  This will bring up the sim description file.  Click on the other tab and under Misc (which is the last column on the right) look for Unlinked: 0x0001 - you need to change the last figure from 1 to 0 so it should read Unlinked: 0x0000

The next step is to click on the relationship tab and make sure that the sim you want to resurrect has a relationship (i.e. is known) by at least one live sim.  You can then use that person to ring the Grim Reaper & resurrect your sim.
sadiebutterfly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2006 April 26, 23:24:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<blockquote>If there is a pink box at all (which means there is no character data) then you have a problem.</blockquote>

Is there any way at all of retrieving these sims? Brandi and Dustin Broke are showing as 'no character data' after their tombstones disappeared, even though when I open their files in SimPE their personality, skills, memories, and everything else are intact. It's driving me nuts. I don't even want to resurrect them, I just want the graves back.
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 April 27, 00:17:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a bug or some other dumb shit alright... I am looking in simpe right now at Gunther Goth. It does not show him as unlinked and it says he is known by Mortimer. Yet, Mortimer does not know any other dead people?  Huh  Makes no sense at all to me.  Oh well, I don't want to resurrect him anyway. Just now got two of the four old geezers to die again. Hopefully I won't lose the graves this time. lol
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 April 27, 00:25:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See the replies in No Unlinkage On Urnstone Delete, might help with the missing graves.
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 April 27, 00:56:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh I have that handy little hack!  Wink  Gunther's and his wife's graves never went missing. I decided the Goth Estate just wouldn't be the same without one or two spirits floating around. Morty's dear ol mom and pop are busy haunting around outside almost every night. It's just that Ol Grimmy claims Mortimer does not know any dead people, when his parents are definately 'dead and kicking'! lol

Simpe definately shows them as linked and that Mortimer knows them.  Undecided   

vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 April 27, 04:03:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ Tina G - I was able to resurrect Gunther Goth with no problems after I relinked him.  I have base, uni, NL & OFB + all patches.

Would you please open up the sim browser and under the column titled Available, can you please tell me what it says for Gunther Goth? It should say Yes after you have relinked Gunther. 

Did you remember to press commit and then save after making changes?

Here is a photo of Gunther Goth - I know it isn't brilliant but I did the resurrection thing in under 5 mins

@ sadiebutterfly - you might want to read this thread about resurrection with no character data http://ambertation.de/simpeforum/forum/viewpost/3819#3819
« Last Edit: 2006 April 27, 04:10:10 by vilia » Logged
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 April 27, 14:37:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*slaps self upside the head...HARD!*   Tongue 

I went back and re-read your intructions (a couple more times) and finally get it! I was looking at the wrong numbers. One that already IS  0x0000 under his name in 'Overview'.  Anyway, now I see what you mean. Though I never did change anything because as I posted above, I really don't want to bring ol Gunther back right now. Though it is nice to know I can if I ever decide I do. lol

Thanks vilia !    *slinks away like a true dumbass*   Cheesy
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 April 27, 21:25:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No biggie Cool.  I'm not that brilliant at writing tutorials so it was probably a little confusing anyway  Grin
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: