More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 08:56:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is NightLife worth buying?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is NightLife worth buying?  (Read 10875 times)
Avie
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Is NightLife worth buying?
« on: 2006 April 13, 20:17:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vamps, cars, ho's yadda yadda....
Soon out for the lowlife mac-usin' peasants
Worth it?

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Is NightLife worth buying?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 13, 20:20:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think so, yes Smiley As long as you download the various fixes needed to make the game playable and enjoyable.

Avie
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 13, 20:30:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The fixes are usually included. A rare advantage of having a mac.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 13, 20:32:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I mean the awesome fixes Grin

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 13, 20:34:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my opinion, no. I think it is the lamest of the 3 expansions, just a hot date rehash with less new or interesting stuff to add. By far the most useful feature is the inventory, but OFB comes with the inventory. If you don't have OFB, I would say get that and if you do, I'd skip NL personally. I got bored with it faster than the other 2 episodes.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Avie
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 13, 20:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd love to but as I'm mac-using the Aspyr versions take MONTHS to be recoded so unless I want to wait for years skipping EP's isn't an option

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 April 13, 20:43:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The cars are a big plus: no waiting for taxis and you can car pool your kiddies to school if they miss the bus. Am not into vampires or the like and found the houses and lots on the smallish side. 

I mainly play it as a destination for dining and dates. I personally don't like city living so I guess that comes into play in my game play and my families all live in Pleasantview, except for a few boring Sims I've exiled to downtown.  Also bury all my dead Sims there.

Just get ready for some fights, as I believe the NL expansion introduced some feisty and very bad behavior between Sims.  Does level out, though.
Avie
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 April 13, 20:47:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's with the Vamp thing?
Are they all that?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 April 13, 20:49:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's with the Vamp thing?
Are they all that?
Vampires are cool. They say BLEH!!! a lot.

BLEH!!! BLEH!!!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Avie
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 April 13, 20:53:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh BLEH.
Well if they can say BLEH then all is well

Nivaya
Exasperating Eyesore

INFP

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 April 13, 20:58:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They do say BLEH. An awful lot. And are a delicious shade of blue.

Was it mentioned that they say BLEH?

Like a balloon..and....something bad happens!!!
Avie
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 April 13, 21:03:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Erm I think I may have had a visitation from God.
BLEH was mentioned.

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 April 13, 21:06:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And are a delicious shade of blue.[/qote]

Mine look rather anemic.  Maybe I should check my monitor settings....
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 April 13, 21:07:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'd turn kinda blue, too, if you were a vampire that never got to drink any blood.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 April 13, 21:11:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really like nightlife much much more than uni......that one sucks except for the new stuff it added to the game......just my 2 cents for what it's worth.....tgdrysix

Lurking since 2005...and proud of it!

Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Glamour,Pets, Seasons , BV, Freetime, Celebration, K&B, Ikea
Avie
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 April 13, 21:15:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh well BLEH and turning a delicate shade of azure. A convincing argument by any standards, I will purchase it as soon as it is available to us po' white trash

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 April 13, 21:21:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BLEH!! BLEH!!

(Love the vampires!)  Downloading the default replacement from Dylan at Laverwinkle makes them look so much nicer too.
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 April 13, 21:28:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like NL: in addition to cars (biggest plus: no more waiting for taxis!), vampires (fun to play for awhile), inventory (big, BIG plus if you can't get the other EPs yet which add this), other lots viewable from played lot, you also get the DJ booth, the slow dance interaction (my favorite!), the Electro-Dance Sphere (fun to see Sims fall out of it), karaoke, restaurants, jukebox, poker table, bars... 

The dates are okay but not challenging and the new furious state gets old fast. Gameplay-wise it's not a huge addition but the added features are definitely worth it.

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 April 13, 21:34:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The dates aren't challenging, no, but they are a good way to boost aspiration for those Sims that aren't platinum.  It's fun to try to get horrible dates (and the requisite bags of poo, of course).  The cars are meh.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 April 13, 21:49:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like Nightlife but I agree it is not the best one but I would never uninstall it.

I am not into vampire much but I was never into zombie either. *shrug*  I do love aliens though!

If you like seeing Sims fight you will be well served with Nightlife, they fight for no reasons.  When you will get tired of it, install Crammyboys mods, works like a charm.

Seeing Sims dancing the smuttle is cute too, and they can also play bowling.  When they sing karaoke they are hilarious espacially if they have a low level of creativity.

There is also the new attraction system that can be fun and useful to found the perfect match.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2006 April 13, 22:29:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I like NL best. But then again, I thought Uni wasn't that bad either. So what do I know. Roll Eyes I like NL, but then again, I'm a bit of a Pleasure sim myself. I love to go clubbing now and then and I love karaoke. And I liked the dating mini game. I like that chemistry plays a role in attraction between sims. As flawed as the system may be, Pescado's romancemod and various other fixes make the game a lot more enjoyable. I also thought vampires was kinda cool too. I'm a huge Buffy fan. One of these days I may even bother to create Sunnydale. I'll have to see, depending on if they ever do a Makin' Magic EP too. Grin Cars are a nice idea, but they seem more of hassle than they are really worth. *shrugs* But overall, NL just seems to appeal to my personal taste.

For me, OFB is just ok. Honestly, I haven't even played those aspects myself. But I'm not very big on the idea of running a business. Maybe if I had been playing all this time, and I had gotten bored with my sims to the point where I wanted something new to do, I might be interested. But I actually haven't played in a long time, so that probably invalidates my opinion anyways, as far as OFB is concerned. Tongue Aside from Servos, which seem buggy anyways, and more stuff for children to use, OFB just doesn't appeal to me all that much. Maybe after I've actually played through it, I might discover that I actually like it.

I mostly just wanted to throw down on the side in favor of NL. With each EP, you'll have lovers and haters. In the end, I guess it's just up to your own personal tastes. How you play the game, and what you enjoy about it.

Ste

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 April 13, 22:32:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vamps, cars, ho's yadda yadda....
Soon out for the lowlife mac-usin' peasants
Worth it?

I love NL the most of all the EP's, I think it was definately worth it. The game just wasn't complete without the dating, I like the new aspiration, and the vampires are a lot of fun. Plus being able to see other lots, for me, that is huge (of course it may come with OFB- no idea).

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2006 April 14, 00:22:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well it's definitely my favourite of the three so far, mainly for the extra features and interactions it added.  I still prefer Makin' Magic out of ALL expansions, but NL would be my second choice.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2006 April 14, 00:34:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't think it was going to be so great but being the addict I am I bought it anyway and now I couldn't imagine being without it.

Axe murdered since 2006
Onion Girl
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 April 14, 00:39:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For me NL was a good expansion, I started liking it more after I downloaded some of Shaklin vampire mods, and a vampire slaying career. The cars are a nice feature, too bad a lot of the cars themselves are quite ugly, and most of the colours look like sim versions of Pimp My Ride.

The downtown area is interesting too, it's good if you wish to make a more 'Urban' setting.

Overall, if you like vampies, cars and kareoke, I'd say get it. Smiley

If you like the smell of doung, and being shouted at by farmers, why not take a trip to the countryside?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: