More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 15, 23:21:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The perfect tool for the download addicts
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The perfect tool for the download addicts  (Read 3604 times)
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
The perfect tool for the download addicts
« on: 2006 April 01, 17:32:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Attention all download addicts.  I will surely be called an "enabler" for this....

I found this awesome new extension for firefox that makes downloading a snap!.  https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=201&application=firefox

If you are like me and insist on downloading a picture for every download (and if you are not, you should start, it makes things SO much easier), you know how tiresome right-click, save as, becomes.  DownThemAll presents you with two tabs, one for linked files and one for embedded pictures.  You can select with a checkmark all zipped files, and/or all picture files.  It makes selecting a snap.

For some sites, that just link their files, it's a snap to select all the pictures and files in one go. For some other sites, like MTS2, that use java script for their downloads, it's still very useful, because the pictures are just linked and you can download them all with a few clicks, instead of having to click on a picture. wait.  wait.  wait.  Right click, save as....rinse and repeat.

And last but certainly not least....it downloads like greased lighting.  I'm sold.  If this app would cost money, I'd pay for it.
JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
Re: The perfect tool for the download addicts
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 01, 19:33:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I never right click, save as...I just drag the pic from the browser to the folder. I have the windows slotted next to each other.

It is by far the easiest way to get pics that I have found.

Thanks for telling us about this.

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 01, 21:00:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

THANKS! THIS IS GREAT!!!!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 01, 21:23:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Attention all download addicts.  I will surely be called an "enabler" for this....

I found this awesome new extension for firefox that makes downloading a snap!.  https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=201&application=firefox

If you are like me and insist on downloading a picture for every download (and if you are not, you should start, it makes things SO much easier), you know how tiresome right-click, save as, becomes.  DownThemAll presents you with two tabs, one for linked files and one for embedded pictures.  You can select with a checkmark all zipped files, and/or all picture files.  It makes selecting a snap.

For some sites, that just link their files, it's a snap to select all the pictures and files in one go. For some other sites, like MTS2, that use java script for their downloads, it's still very useful, because the pictures are just linked and you can download them all with a few clicks, instead of having to click on a picture. wait.  wait.  wait.  Right click, save as....rinse and repeat.

And last but certainly not least....it downloads like greased lighting.  I'm sold.  If this app would cost money, I'd pay for it.

What do you mean by downloading a picture for every download?  Using a picture of what you are downloading as an icon?  I'm slow.  Huh
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 02, 03:29:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Downloading photos as well as the file is really handy - so you can tell at a glance exactly what each item you have downloaded is. 
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 04, 09:00:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, shoot, maybe none of you all are still on dial-up.  I don't have much better to do with my time waiting for files to download than right-click, save picture as, and re-name it accordingly. LOL

vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 April 06, 21:38:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dial up [shudders]

Oh yeah...I vaguely remember those days, I would start to download something, go off and have something to eat, pat the cat and come back and it would be half way through - [shudders again]  Tongue
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: