More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 03:00:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Tutorial for making a custom non-default skintone?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Tutorial for making a custom non-default skintone?  (Read 2150 times)
vermilienne
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Tutorial for making a custom non-default skintone?
« on: 2006 May 18, 16:42:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The custom default skintone tutorial has helped me tons, but now I'm trying to make custom non-default skintones.  I figured it would be basically the same as making defaults, and tried to use an existing downloaded skintone, but I'm running into problems when it comes to the texture image names—they're all made up of numbers and leters, and a lot of the images look so much alike that I'm afraid of guessing and screwing everything up.  If there's an easier way to do it... please point me towards it.  I've searched here, MTS2, TSR, and Google and came up empty, so any help would be greatly appreciated!
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
Re: Tutorial for making a custom non-default skintone?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 18, 19:28:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, here's how it works.

Normally, any editing of skintones, or any other custom content that goes on Sims, if the editing consists only of making changes to the images (no new meshes, no changing how it behaves in the game), is done through Body Shop, which basically does all of the technical stuff for you -- you edit the images in your image program of choice, and otherwise it's just clicking on little buttons where you often don't even have a choice between more than one thing to do at any given time.

The only reason why you ever need to use SimPE for that kind of stuff is if you're doing something that Body Shop can't do. One of the things that Body Shop can't do is make default replacements, because default replacements work by having the same GUID (unique identifying number that the game uses to tell one thing from another) as the thing they are replacing. In order to make a default replacement, you have to get a copy of a file that already has the right GUID and then use SimPE to swap in the graphics you want it to have.

If you don't want your skin to be a default replacement, then you don't have to do anything special, so you just use Body Shop like you would for anything else.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: