More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 05:37:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I am reformed!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I am reformed!  (Read 18980 times)
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
Re: I am reformed!
« Reply #25 on: 2006 March 23, 01:19:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get that way sometimes about certain sims or sim families, where I want to keep them and play them forever and ever. I usually do, too. For a little while anyway.

Personally, I like the legacy challenge, altered to my specifications. I don't remove my hacks, and I don't worry too much about buying the biggest lot or anything, that extra couple thousand at the beginning usually means my "legacy" sim gets a bathroom with a shower instead of a hole in the ground and the kitchen sink. Then I go from there, playing basically without cheating. It just makes a nice departure when cheating and boolprop-ing my sim families gets a little old. When I get tired, I switch back. I usually make it through a generation or two before I get bored.

Are you going to allow their children to age at all? If not, it is kind of a pity, I bet your lovely Dylan sim would have fantastic genetics to pass down.
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2006 March 23, 01:24:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dylan is very cute, Blue Cheesy

My son's name is Dylan, but I love the name for a girl too.

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 March 23, 05:39:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tend to restart alot  Roll Eyes

I'm trying to get myself out of that habit and I'm discovering the reason "why?" I restart alot.

So far I have discovered that if I have to many households to play, I can't get attached to them - trying to keep them in sync gets in the way and I feel overwhemled.
I also have trouble letting my favorite sims become elders and will actually put off playing them just so they don't age to fast...which is fine BUT then I have trouble getting attached to their kids because I'm not playing them enough so I get bored.

I've also discovered that if I don't have atleast a few different housholds, I get bored  Roll Eyes

So, I combined a few households and killed off a few sims, that has helped alot.  My favorites are now getting older but I don't mind as much because I'm getting attached to their kids and one has had a kid of her own (shes a teenager that was seduced by the owner of the whorehouse, he wanted a son "of good breeding" and also wanted to make sure the kid was truly his)
Countess
Verona
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 March 23, 05:43:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No problem, I'm glad you like her.  Smiley  By the way, that hair is from Lola at TSR (I *may* be able to be persuaded to send that to you if you want  Wink) and her eyes are the default replacements from Lyran.

Well there's nothin' quite as good as having the whole enchilada. Wouldn't be BlueSoup if I didn't have *all* the pieces. As long as I'm being greedy here, I hope the lipstick is included. It's really awesome.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 March 23, 06:42:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Verona, I decided to include the Dylan Sim in the first post as a link to download.  Includes everything you need.  Smiley
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 March 23, 07:02:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much - she is too pretty to be left only in your game...Smiley.
Countess
Verona
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 March 23, 07:14:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a happy camper too.  Thanks so much for all your trouble.  Smiley
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 March 24, 07:39:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it seems I spoke too soon.  Undecided  I have burninated the family, but for a good reason, I think.

Since I decided to make them my main family, I am recreating Matt but differently.  Since he is not my creation, I don't feel comfortable writing stories for public view with him in it.  That's Brynne's job.

So, I am going to re-make Dylan and her mate.
Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 March 24, 22:31:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for Dylan, BlueSoup.  She's real cute.

When I install the Sim2Pack and move the other zipped files into my Downloads folder, then look at the files with Clean Installer, 3 of the files don't have a Type.  2 are the mesh files, so I assume the other is Dylan herself, but with one of those awful file names.  Does it mess anything up to rename the file?  Otherwise I'll never remember what it is.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 March 24, 22:33:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it messes anything up to rename the file type.  Lemme see...what's in the sims2.package....Dylan, the clothes, makeup (blush and lipstick, perhaps a eyeliner/shadow thingie) and a hair tone I think.

Besides, if it does mess up, you'll still have the original zip  Smiley
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 March 24, 22:41:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see Blue that you are not entirely cured of your illness yet  Grin
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 March 24, 23:44:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was a very short remission missy Smiley

Why didn't you just Sim Surgery him with an entirely new look?  GIve him a new name and away you go.  He's still the same character you fell in love with, (and that your sim fell in love with) but you can make up stories to your heart's content.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 March 24, 23:47:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh.  Too late now.  The new ones exist and they started out married as opposed to my taking a week for her to meet him (stalking downtown every night until he showed up  Tongue) and marry him.

These ones will stick, and at least they'll be my Sims.  That's important to me.  Smiley
Countess
Verona
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 March 24, 23:51:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it seems I spoke too soon.  Undecided  I have burninated the family, but for a good reason, I think.

Since I decided to make them my main family, I am recreating Matt but differently.  Since he is not my creation, I don't feel comfortable writing stories for public view with him in it.  That's Brynne's job.

So, I am going to re-make Dylan and her mate.

I'm willing to hang in there with you BlueSoup.  However many you put up for downloading, I'll download.  Cheesy
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 March 24, 23:52:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The version I put up is fine.  I didn't change her at all.   Smiley
JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2006 March 25, 05:49:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am deeply surprised that no one has commented on the saucy barely buttcracked wedding dress and asked where to DL it.

Blue, congrats on your progress. Proud of you!

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2006 March 25, 08:33:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for Dylan, BlueSoup.  She's real cute.

When I install the Sim2Pack and move the other zipped files into my Downloads folder, then look at the files with Clean Installer, 3 of the files don't have a Type.  2 are the mesh files, so I assume the other is Dylan herself, but with one of those awful file names.  Does it mess anything up to rename the file?  Otherwise I'll never remember what it is.

No, it won't cause problems to rename the files.  I rename them all the time because I'm constantly saving sims from various neighborhoods with SimPE to recycle into other neighborhoods.  Like many here, I tend to start and re-start and re-start because I never can get anything just right and keep thinking I should be able to get it just right, so there goes the neighborhood--yet AGAIN! LOL

One thing I learned, though, is if you want to save on hard-drive space and/or game resources there are a few things you should do.  If you're saving a sim from in-game with SimPE (very easy to do), by default that sim will be saved in the SavedSims directory.  At that point you can name the file as you choose.  I just use their names.  But the next step is what will help save your game and hard-drive space.  Open them up in BodyShop and find them.  You should notice that you won't be able to delete them from within BodyShop.  (Also, have Windows Explorer opened to your SavedSims directory.)  Now, clone one of the sims you saved with SimPE and make sure to give them all in-game content (clothes, make-up if you want, and hair), just make sure you remember which one it is name-wise, and save it.  Now in Explorer, look at the difference in the file size.  You'll still see a huge difference in file size if you leave them in custom clothing.  The reason I don't is because sometimes I want to remove my custom content from BS when it's running, and if I have my custom sims in there I want them to show correctly.  Keep notes of which sims you are cloning, and to help keep things straight I usually only do about four per session.  Then I shut down BodyShop and re-name the files in Windows Explorer, like JayAbercrombie-MA.  Only after they're all done, do I delete the files I saved with SimPE.

I also noticed, especially on my old computer, that bringing up the Create-a-Family menu took absolutely forever with all those custom sims in there.  I finally started storing them in other places on my hard-drive while my game or BodyShop are running, unless I need them specifically.  I also like to keep a back-up copy on my second hard-drive, just in case something goes wonky with my main drive.

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 March 25, 16:26:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also noticed, especially on my old computer, that bringing up the Create-a-Family menu took absolutely forever with all those custom sims in there.  I finally started storing them in other places on my hard-drive while my game or BodyShop are running, unless I need them specifically.  I also like to keep a back-up copy on my second hard-drive, just in case something goes wonky with my main drive.

Yep - I do that but I just shove them in a sub-folder in Saved Sims because the game won't read them in there as it loads up.  Unless that changed with OFB.

Inteen for AL, yay!
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 March 25, 20:28:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am deeply surprised that no one has commented on the saucy barely buttcracked wedding dress and asked where to DL it.

You sound like you want to know where to get the dress.  Wink The next time I went into CAS, I found out you can download it here.  Oh yeah, and it's free.  Smiley
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 March 25, 23:10:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, Blue for the downloadable Dylan and the link to the sexy wedding dress!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: