More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 11:33:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Something that's been nagging me.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Something that's been nagging me.  (Read 6366 times)
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
Something that's been nagging me.
« on: 2006 March 15, 23:03:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else find it odd that the townies from Bluewater can freely roam the streets of your base neighborhood and downtown, the the townies from the base hood can freely roam the streets of Bluewater and Dowtown, but the downtownies are stuck in downtown?

I guess not many would see this as a problem.  But I don't really like it myself.  Besides the fact that it seems a little unfair to them the downtownies are a lot more pleasant looking to look at.  And if I decided to open up a shop outside of downtown I would like to see some downtownies come in.

I guess I'm making a hack request then.  If its at all possible.  Could someone make it so the downtownies can run free and frolik in your base hood and Bluewater?

(I guess this same complaint could be made for dormies as well.  But I don't care enough for them to see them outside of the Uni hoods)
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
Re: Something that's been nagging me.
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 15, 23:09:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That bugs me too!

seconds the hack request!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 15, 23:11:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's an all-new Bluewater townie pool?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 15, 23:15:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Adding Bluewater Village to your neighbourhood adds about 75 character files.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 15, 23:22:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

which is why I didn't add it to my hood. I just made a throwaway hood and attached Bluewater to that one and put all the unoccupied lots in the bin, then threw away that hood  Wink

But I like the downtownies and it bugs the hell out of me that they are trapped downtown!
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 15, 23:26:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

which is why I didn't add it to my hood. I just made a throwaway hood and attached Bluewater to that one and put all the unoccupied lots in the bin, then threw away that hood  Wink

I did the same thing actually.  I was directing that to Pescado, who didn't seem to know it added an extra townie pool.  Wink
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 15, 23:37:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did add Bluewater village, and I have to same some of the female townies that were added are pretty damn cute.  I have to check their DNA out -- some of them just may be worth adding to the gene pool.  Especially now that I'm hitting my 4th generation in Pleasantview, and more and more folks are related to each other so it's getting harder to pair sims off.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 15, 23:38:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Blue, if you ever mentioned it in a post then I probably got the idea from you! *laughs*
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 16, 00:21:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mmmm, I think actually someone else mentioned it and that's where I got the idea as well, lol.  Cheesy
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 16, 01:33:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I know, the Bluewater townies get added to the main towns townie bin. All of mine are in there. I don't think the game differentiates them. But I'd love a downtownies in other neighborhoods hack. Some of the npcs are weird too. The Mascots and coaches don't go out of the University town but the professors do.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 16, 02:04:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Downtownies in the main neighbourhood - why?  I live in a city.  You wouldn't catch me spending any time in the suburbs.

Inteen for AL, yay!
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 16, 02:12:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Downtownies in the main neighbourhood - why?  I live in a city.  You wouldn't catch me spending any time in the suburbs.

Lol. I was just thinking the exact same thing. Maybe that was Maxis' logic. Suburbanites'll visit the cities, but no way in hell would city folk visit the suburbs.
pamysue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 16, 02:16:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I added BV to my mess hood and it added 77 character files.  What really ticked me off is that the playable Sims they had in there have these huge families trees of dead people.  So I'm assuming (dangerous, I know) that it added character files for all these dead Sims.  What a waste of space.

It's a shame that stupidity isn't painful.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 16, 04:37:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol. I was just thinking the exact same thing. Maybe that was Maxis' logic. Suburbanites'll visit the cities, but no way in hell would city folk visit the suburbs.

And as we all know, Maxian logic is bass ackwards to begin with.  Besides, playable sims living in downtown can walk by in the base hood and Bluewater, why shouldn't the downtownies?
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 16, 05:29:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, and this is one country kid who stays as far away from the city as possible.  And who's to say some city folk don't enjoy coming out and getting a breath of fresh air from time to time. Wink

I dunno--I was kind of disappointed with what was added as far as sims, but then again Maxis' sims always disappoint me.  I took the brother and sister that were in the lot bin and turned them into Townies.  I always thought it was kind of silly the way the DTs were set up.  I just have my main neighborhood in the Downtown and that pretty much takes care of it.

idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 16, 06:14:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, and this is one country kid who stays as far away from the city as possible.  And who's to say some city folk don't enjoy coming out and getting a breath of fresh air from time to time. Wink

There's a difference between surburbia and the countryside. Surburbia is like the country in terms of little people, but w/ strip malls and SUVs in place of pretty landscapes. So sure, city folk visit the countryside. But the suburbs? Never!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 16, 06:18:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am a city person who tries not to visit the burbs but I have to admit there are times where I can't find what I'm looking for in the city which tends to have smaller more specialized shops and have to resort to going to those big superstores and as much as I don't like those places, the prices ARE cheaper. But generally I try to avoid it and order online if I can.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 16, 06:34:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a difference between surburbia and the countryside. Surburbia is like the country in terms of little people, but w/ strip malls and SUVs in place of pretty landscapes. So sure, city folk visit the countryside. But the suburbs? Never!

You know what?  You're right!  LOL  I wasn't thinking about true suburbia, that 10 or so miles just outside of the closest real town.  It stinks!  They're tearing up the beautiful farmland in favor of housing developments.

As I said, my whole neighborhood is played in my 'downtown' area, and the only 'town' to it is on the upper left-hand corner and consists of 2 community lots, discounting the cemetery!  It's countryside, not Suburbia, so that's what I was thinking about. Wink

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: