More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 15, 22:36:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  No restaurants/coffeeshops on residential lots
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No restaurants/coffeeshops on residential lots  (Read 6885 times)
Nadira
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
No restaurants/coffeeshops on residential lots
« on: 2006 March 06, 11:28:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did not find the tools to run a restaurant or coffeeshop as home-business on a residential lot (podium, stove, coffeebar). Whatīs the sense in that? Or have I simply overlooked something?
If not I am extremely frustrated ..... (well, there still remains to try it with lot-zoning, but why have it complicated when it could be easy?Huh?)
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: No restaurants/coffeeshops on residential lots
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 06, 23:01:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quoting from the Prima Guide:  "Home businesses cannot be a restaurant, coffee bar or pub because the objects reqiured for these services are only available on community lots.  Likewise, it cannot sell magazines, clothing, video games, perfume, or groceries."

Parts of the guide are posted at TS2's site.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 07, 06:36:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure this can be circumvented with a hacked collection.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 07, 14:27:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM, I bet that when you were a kid you never colored between the lines. That is, if you ever had something as mundane as a coloring book!   Grin
Nadira
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 08, 11:09:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did it with a hacked collection that same day  - home-restaurant works without any problems. When I posted first I was not yet sure that the preOFB version of SimPe is safe to use for converting - well, for all others interested - it is safe.
I just had to cry out loud for once - uahhhhhhh - because of another of Maxis stupidities and oversights which make gameplaying unnessesarily annoying without helpful tools created by intelligent modders (although to be fair I think they really tried hard this time...)
But I know there are more serious issues than that like deadly bugs caused by sensu orb and perhaps more (business dressing bug??).
But I still think its extremely STUPID! (And - sorry to say ZiggyDoodle - I donīt care for guides and what they state. Something is not intelligent just because itīs written in a book!)
Zyrcona
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 11, 12:34:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to start with a residential plot and use changelotzoning.

The two restaurant stands are a nuisance though. I tried to make a tacky fast food restaurant that only served burgers, sausages, ribs, and grilled cheese sandwiches, and the host ponced about kissing himself and hugging the customers. I got sick of the atmosphere in the place and deleted it. I think we need a kind of till that stands on a surface, and the person working the till points at a barstool, the customer sits on it, the till worker takes the order, and the chef dumps the food in front of them.
shezoe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 11, 14:44:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to start with a residential plot and use changelotzoning.

The two restaurant stands are a nuisance though. I tried to make a tacky fast food restaurant that only served burgers, sausages, ribs, and grilled cheese sandwiches, and the host ponced about kissing himself and hugging the customers. I got sick of the atmosphere in the place and deleted it. I think we need a kind of till that stands on a surface, and the person working the till points at a barstool, the customer sits on it, the till worker takes the order, and the chef dumps the food in front of them.

Have you done this yourself? and did it work? that is something i tried n it wouldn't work no matter what i did.  Everytime i've tried to re-zone-i can't get into the lot anymore.

"I had always felt life first a story: and if there is a story there is a story-teller."
~G.K. Chesterton~
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 11, 15:28:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everytime i've tried to re-zone-i can't get into the lot anymore.

Yah, you have to add either a mailbox or the phone booth to gain access to the lot, otherwise it's inaccessible. Found that out yesterday...the hard way of course! Had to delete the bugger from SimPE and manual deletion of the lot file. In short, start as a residential lot, do the changeLotZoning (to community), save, exit, re-enter, delete the mailbox and trashcan with moveObjects on, plonk in the phone booth and community trashcan, save, exit, done!

Let the Beast inside you free!
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 11, 16:40:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have a link to the hacked collection that contains the mailbox (any one :) I have a phone booth, but I think I lost my mailbox somewhere.

Unsouper
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 11, 17:53:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have a link to the hacked collection that contains the mailbox (any one Smiley I have a phone booth, but I think I lost my mailbox somewhere.

here you go
http://daydream.etowns.net/
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 11, 17:59:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you! Smiley

Doh, what's with sim a little, dream a lot's note about "why would anyone host a lot on their own site"? Maybe it's not because people have hacked versions of the game, but because the exchange sucks. Ask yourself why anyone who doesn't have to would put anything there? :p

Not that I share much, but I have perfectly legal copies of the game and all the EPs and I won't so much as read a story there unless it's really special and would never upload content there :p

(sorry, it just bothered me when I read it.)
« Last Edit: 2006 March 11, 18:09:29 by sagana » Logged

Unsouper
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 11, 18:26:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It annoyed me when I read that awhile back, some people are just stupid.
shezoe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 11, 19:15:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yah, you have to add either a mailbox or the phone booth to gain access to the lot, otherwise it's inaccessible. Found that out yesterday...the hard way of course! Had to delete the bugger from SimPE and manual deletion of the lot file. In short, start as a residential lot, do the changeLotZoning (to community), save, exit, re-enter, delete the mailbox and trashcan with moveObjects on, plonk in the phone booth and community trashcan, save, exit, done!

ah! you are a lifesaver for sending the link to the mailbox! i thought of this, too but decided i must've been imagining things thinking there was a mailbox replacement that might work. i looked everywhere i could think of. Thank you sooooo much!

"I had always felt life first a story: and if there is a story there is a story-teller."
~G.K. Chesterton~
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 11, 20:25:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone finally came out with a community items on residential lots for OFB

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=138575
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 12, 17:13:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ah! you are a lifesaver for sending the link to the mailbox! i thought of this, too but decided i must've been imagining things thinking there was a mailbox replacement that might work. i looked everywhere i could think of. Thank you sooooo much!

Heh, thanx, but credits should go to Sleepycat, she gave you the link  Wink

Let the Beast inside you free!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 12, 17:36:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone finally came out with a community items on residential lots for OFB

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=138575

That's kind of what I've been looking for all along but ironically since I didn't find it I just figured out how to do it on my own and now this comes out.  Tongue Oh well, at least I know how to do it now.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 12, 18:27:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just for sh*ts and giggles, Motoki, could you share how to do it with us? I do not know how he made a package file that caused those items to show up in the catalogue, and I would love to know how.

Thanks...

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: