More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 02:45:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Massive NPC duplicate spawning in OFB
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Massive NPC duplicate spawning in OFB  (Read 4595 times)
simposiast
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Massive NPC duplicate spawning in OFB
« on: 2006 March 10, 06:17:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Installed OFB, old saved neighbourhood had babies missing etc, so I started from scratch.

After playing for five days, and creating only six new CAS characters, I have 524 characters in my directory.  Every time I open a shop, I get two, three and four identical twins coming to shop, all with different names but otherwise identical.  I now have two Melody Tinkers.

I copied the neighbourhood and launched Sim PE (yes, I know the latest version isn't OFB ready but with the neighbourhood exploding I figured back up and risk it).  I had to Task Manager out of Sim PE, because of all the neverending:

The Sim with GUID 0x00000000 (inst=0x0000) exists more than once. This could result in  Problems during the Gameplay!

warnings.

I'm guilty of not noticing right away that the callover and coffeecup hacks should not have been moved over.  I suspect neither is the cause though.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 10, 06:45:07 by simposiast » Logged
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
Re: Massive NPC duplicate spawning in OFB
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 10, 06:33:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds similiar to a problem Sleepycat was having with one of her lots. Anyone else that doesn't have notownieregen in have these kind of problems? I think I'll be keeping in the noregen hacks for sure now.
juliaf
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 10, 09:12:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have just installed OFB and played it for one day and I already have this problem. I have a lot where I opened a shop. The lot owner called a friend who promised to come with a friend. But when this friend came, there turned out to be 2 of them. 2 versions of the same Sim: the same appearance, clothes and name. This is a CAS Sim. The neibourhood is rather new. (I just started it with DeleteAllCharacters first and then place several families). I do not have notownieregen, but I have lots of Pescado hacks and several of TwoJeffs.
simposiast
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 10, 15:36:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, guess the only option is to start from scratch yet again, with townie regen, until someone sources out the crappy code.  Thanks Smiley

miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 10, 15:56:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Melody Tinker is a Maxis made playable sim not an NPC or Townie.  Did you add more than one Shopping district to your neighbourhood.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 10, 16:50:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Sim with GUID 0x00000000 (inst=0x0000) exists more than once. This could result in  Problems during the Gameplay!

I got that message as well, but I only put it down to SimPE not being compatible with OFB.  I haven't checked my character folder however.  Hopefully there isn't a nasty suprise there for me.

Mandy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 10, 17:11:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, only one shopping district.

I did, however, marry a townie to Brandi Broke.  A day later, his duplicate came into her home business.  The game may have regen'd him and something may ghave triggered a massive domino regen.

When I first opened OFB, I went to my old custom saved neighbourhood and spawned the shopping district from the main window.  Of course, it was corrupted.  I deleted all neighbourhoods and files, reloaded saved neighbourhood and built the shopping district from the neighbourhood screen.  Seemed fine, but the saved neighbourhood had all toddlers and babies invisible and listed as "Unknown", and the parents had "Met $subject", and "$subject grew up well".

So I started from scratch in a brand new untouched Pleasantville neighbourhood, built the shopping district with the +icon in the neighbourhood window, used the template Bluewater Village.  Everything seemed fine until Brandi married a townie, but it's possible it started with my first store with another Sim, around the same time.

I know something is wrong with Melody Tinker - have heard reports of double Melody's and other glitches if anyone moves her to college.  Brandi hired her for the home business and her wage was three times that of any other Sim, with only low grade badges.  So they laid her off, hired someone else, and a duplicate of her walked into the store.  As far as I know, she is the only double non-NPC.
Mandy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 10, 19:17:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I decided to delete the five day old Pleasantville, lose the Rank 10 businesses and start from scratch again.  After all, if you're not willing to restart due to serious bugs, you most likely didn't play any Maxis game longer than a few weeks. 

Moved the N001 files out completely, went to Programs, EA Games, The Sims 2, TSData, Res, Neighborhood Template to copy the N001 folder, and nothing is there.  I have templates for Nightlife downtown, three Uni templates, and an OFB template, but the main game template is empty.  How the heck did the pre-made neighbourhoods ever even generate when I re-installed on the new computer two weeks ago, without templates??  *sighs*

Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 11, 02:12:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mandy, if you are using XP then you can make/use another account to launch a vanilla game.  The 3 core Maxian neighbourhoods will start up from disk and load themselves onto the My Documents account.  Then you can copy and paste the neighbourhood into your current account, if that's what you want.  You didn't have to scrap your old neighbourhood (bit late now though!). Embarrassed

happy now :-)
Mandy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 11, 03:09:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Sandilou - old one isn't scrapped, just moved far far away, in the unluckily event someone finds a fix/cause for this before I have time to rebuild.

Thanks for the tip, I do have XP, hopefully the templates generate this time but if not I'll copy over the neighbourhood from another user account, thanks.  Strangest thing, just did a brand new reinstall after getting a new computer built, so it's only taken five or six days of playing OFB to mess everything up.  Funny, Nightlife was the one I opted to wait on, thinking I'd sit out this buggy phase and it was the only one with relatively few Smiley

Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 11, 04:26:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you check in the Nightlife (only if you have it) or Open For Business directory? They might be in one of those.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 11, 07:57:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't seem to have that problem in my game but I did add a University, dowtown and business section.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: