More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 02:09:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Maxis does it again!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Maxis does it again!  (Read 61407 times)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Maxis does it again!
« Reply #75 on: 2006 March 13, 15:51:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I updated my femfro a little while back to the correct bins but no one else seems to give a flying fig.  Roll Eyes Also, there's a couple of Simsconnection hairs that use the Maxis texture as far as I can tell (there's a poofier mens style on a reshaped version of that short slicked back mesh) and they duplicate the textures wasting a lot of space instead of just referencing the Maxis ones from the game files. Again, I fixed my fro' to do that. Why waste space including the same textures when they come with the game?

This is a bit of a tagent, but doesn't anyone have links to creators who make hair PROPERLY using the proper bins? Maybe we should start a thread about it. I'm so fed up with shuffling through pages in no decent order and all the duplicate elder, toddler, child, teen etc hairs that come with the custom hairs that I am about ready to chuck them all.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2006 March 13, 15:55:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of them seem to think that it's wrong to put custom hair in the right bins because "OMG how will tehy no its custum hare!!1!oneone"

Well they are dumbasses then because that's what the asterix is for, to denote custom.  Roll Eyes

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2006 March 13, 15:55:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm so fed up with shuffling through pages in no decent order and all the duplicate elder, toddler, child, teen etc hairs that come with the custom hairs that I am about ready to chuck them all.

Amen to that, I havent put any of my cc back yet but I tell you, the longer I play without it the more I enjoy content that is created correctly. I have having several pages of toddler hair that is the same style because the creator didnt take the time or had the inclination to do anything with it. Same with elders.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2006 March 13, 16:33:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sussi as sussissogood.com (.net?) properly bins her hair. I love it. Hysterical Paraoxagasm (sp?) did a wonderful recolor of the "emo" hair at mts2 that is properly binned, I like her textures better than the maxis ones.

http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=137972

And it is a shame about the animation on that hair. I didn't have a problem with the "poofing" I just had issues with the clipping through the cheeks.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2006 March 13, 17:46:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh does she? I wonder if she redid some of her old hairs that weren't set up in the bins because I have some of hers that isn't. Hmm, I'll have to go look.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2006 March 13, 17:48:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah I had to redownload her hairs when I reinstalled OFB. Her fancy ponytail and the uhm the one with the long braid are binned. I took a pass at all the other ones so I am not for sure on those, but the ones I got are binned properly.

Which reminds me, I have did a alpha-edit of one of Sanmoo's meshes (the feminity one, I hacked off the annoying bangs) and I was wondering how I would package those for upload without attaching a sim to them.

angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2006 March 13, 18:16:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I know, Sussis only is doing her new hair correctly binned.  And there are several advantages to having it properly binned, apart from making it easier to find.  It allows your newly created townies and NPC's to have custom hair and it makes the hair genetically correct.  But I am preaching to the choir here Smiley

Motoki.  Get off your ass and fix the hair.  If it's fixable.  It's really very fetching.  I hope someone does a better recolor than what they did at sims connection.  I rather their textures.

It's a great idea to start a thread for sourcing hair, since we have very exacting standards here.  I know this type of thread keeps coming back over and over,(I think I even started one) and that says a lot about how popular it is.  Good hair is the hardest thing to pull off it seems.

cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2006 March 13, 18:29:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far Sussi's "Old Fashioned" (the Scarlet O'hara look) and "Gibson Girl" haven't been updated to be correctly binned. Sad I hope they will be updated soon.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2006 March 13, 18:39:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh drat! And those are the ones of hers I like. I can do it myself but I think if I did it for every custom hair I had it would take me forever. Tongue

angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2006 March 13, 18:42:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think SleepyCat has done it for every hair that was ever created for Sims 2.  Maybe you should ask her Smiley
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2006 March 13, 19:01:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, that's another thing. If people in this community weren't so damned huffy about their stuff, someone else could do it if they didn't want to and post it. Hell, if anyone wants to fix or upgrade anything of mine be my guest, it saves me the trouble.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2006 March 13, 20:50:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have binned several hairstyles, and I agree that it's going to take forever to do all of them.  We should pool our work efforts and share our files we have completed so everyone doesn't have to do the same thing over and over.  I know it's hard to get creators to listen, but the good news is that more and more of them are.  I was using Natrobo's toddler hair, but I've quit using hers and started using Melodie9's not only because of the color binning, but also because she fixed several mesh problems that I saw in Natrobo's, such as a HUGE gaping hole in the temple on the curly hair style that came with Uni (the one my sim uses).  I'll check and see which ones I have done, and if others have done some, then we can save ourselves a ton of time and spend more time playing the game!  The ones I did also have the bonus of being smaller because I deleted the redundant textures, and I got rid of the references to the toddler and child hair that wasn't modified so it doesn't show up.  The only thing I haven't figured out is how to make only one of the gray styles to show up in the gray hair bin for elders since every color has a gray hair with it.

P.S.  So far I have done most of the styles from Seomi Sims, Sussi, and exnem, the ones I like and use.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2006 March 13, 20:52:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd be up for a bunch of us working on different ones and sharing them privately, sounds like a good idea.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2006 March 13, 20:59:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Properly binning things and adjusting genetic coding on custom eye/skin colors is going to be one of my projects once they update SimPe for OFB and I get it downloaded.

I am definately going to have to go through my eye colors though and eliminate the ones I never will use. I hate having to download a set of 20 eye shades when all I want is that pretty lavender one in the middle....

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2006 March 13, 21:02:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I assume the eyebrows can be properly binned too? It's kind of irritating that I can't really tell which color they are until I click on them because the thubnails really aren't much help.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2006 March 13, 21:09:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure they can, Motoki.  I think dewshine said that in one of those threads where she shared about binning hair.  You can bin facial hair too, but it seems that Maxis swapped the strings for blonde and red.   Roll Eyes  I'll have to find that thread...I think the bookmark is on my other PC.
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2006 March 13, 21:10:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki, does that mean the SIMPE impaired miss out?  
It's a great idea to start a thread for sourcing hair, since we have very exacting standards here.  I know this type of thread keeps coming back over and over,(I think I even started one) and that says a lot about how popular it is.  Good hair is the hardest thing to pull off it seems.
Please do.

I have got very strict with myself about using custom hair, after realising how much it eats up memory space and increases loading time, so this time around with my lovely vanillaish TS2 I have restricted myself to lotbinned hair - unless its drop dead gorgeous.  Like Rainbow, this means only have Sussi's, Seomi's, and Melodie9s with a couple of exceptions.  

happy now :-)
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2006 March 13, 21:14:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would love to get in on that action as well.

Oh yeah, as an after thought: Sanmoo's femininity hair is properly binned. I know this for sure because I got all upset when I realized my alpha edit of her hairstyles were not binned anymore. =p

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2006 March 13, 21:19:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki, does that mean the SIMPE impaired miss out?  

I don't mind sharing if everyone keeps their mouth shut about it lol. I just don't want people bitching at me for fix their halfassedness redistributing their unfinished product in a finished form.  Grin

Kala
Dimwitted Dunce

Stop Screwing!!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2006 March 13, 21:22:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad I'm  not the only person who's annoyed  by talanted people don't do the little things. I finaly knutted up and starting binning in late January.  I'm happy that I'm  not a slave to prebinned hair, but it takes hour long chunks of my time.(reeks havoc on my eyes too)

You can spell and that's great.  What else can you do?  Being an ass doesn't count.
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2006 March 13, 21:24:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki, you truly are Most Awesome. Kiss

happy now :-)
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2006 March 13, 21:25:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Woot! I just found out the OFB friendly SimPe is out, so I no longer have excuses.

Motoki, do you know where I can find some idiot friendly faqs that will help me accomplish my needs?

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2006 March 13, 21:26:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like now yall are going to need a place to store all this stuff to share.

*crosses fingers she gets a link to it one day
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2006 March 13, 21:28:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well if anyone wants to share some custom hairs privately that they already binned I wouldn't complain. HINT HINT lol

I guess we would need a private board to coordinate the exchange, maybe Brynne's place?

Jelenedra: last time I checked, and it's bin a while mind you, Datgen was much easier to bin the hair in. There's some tutorials on http://www.datgen.info about it, or there were.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2006 March 13, 21:49:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a website I never use we can store the stuff on if you want I don't know how good my bandwidth is on there though. I never, EVER use it.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: