More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 03:06:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  A Few OFB Questions ...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A Few OFB Questions ...  (Read 6736 times)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
A Few OFB Questions ...
« on: 2006 March 06, 20:39:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I'm stumped.  How on earth do we make items we've crafted sellable?  I've put them on the shelves after they're made, but there's no options at all when I click on them.  If I go into buy mode, all I can do is sell them in the normal way.  Do I have to add them to the inventory first, then put them onto the shelves, rather than putting them on straight from the crafting stations? 

And how long does it take to earn these badges?  I've had one Sim make so many Sir Bricks-a-Lots he's starting to look like one.  Doesn't help him or me feel any better when he decides to take the plunge and open the shop then can't actually price them up.  And the toddlers that play with the toys on the video, do we have to put the toys on the floor for them to do that, or do their parents take them down, or what?  There just isn't enough explanation for what's happening, I am extremely confuddled. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: A Few OFB Questions ...
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 06, 20:51:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After stumbling around my robotics shop, I noticed there was an option to set prices.  Don't know if that is what you're supposed to do since I've never sold any robots (although I did set prices).  The customers are only intereted in playing pool or gambling - so those amenities will be moved out tonight.

Try selling at a low price.  A blue light special - supposed to make happier customers who come back for more.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 06, 20:55:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the problem, I only have the option to set prices on goods I buy wholesale, from the normal catalogue.  When I place my own home-crafted items on the same shelves, they have no options at all and neither do the shelves. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 06, 21:03:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On your business panel (upper right corner, I forget what it's called), choose the price tag icon.  Click on the items you wish to set prices on.  They will be dark before you price them, and then will glow yellow once they are priced (when you are in that mode -- they return to normal when you exit the pricing mode).

Phyllis

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 06, 21:41:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

choose the price tag icon.  Click on the items you wish to set prices on.  They will be dark before you price them, and then will glow yellow once they are priced (when you are in that mode -

Well, that makes sense.  Will have to try that as soon as I get home from work.  In about an hour....

I've accepted the reality that I'm NEVER going to get the wallpaper off my utility room walls because of this damned EP!   Embarrassed
crazi_aboutu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 07, 04:20:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well ancient I have run into similar problems that I posted in "post problems you've noticed".  I was happily running a home based bakery business and all of a sudden I could no longer sell my baked goods.  So i went to another lot same thing couldn't sell my baked goods, tried a florist shop couldn't sell the flowers but i could sell stuff from the catalog.  I took out all my mods and still couldn't sell my own baked goods or flowers.  I thought it was just me and I was going CRAZI   Roll Eyes
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 07, 04:25:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can also click on the item (i think it was) and get your sim to "set price for item"

Axe murdered since 2006
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 07, 06:00:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can also set the price of objects from your cash register. Just click on it and the menu will appear.

As for the time to reach different badges, I am not sure. There is debate about which skills benefit certain tasks and apparently even the Prima Guide is vague.

And simlover, cute avatar. I'm assuming that you're an Ausssie??

crazi_aboutu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 07, 06:50:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I used the price tag option in the store panel and was able to set prices for the items and they became sellable.  The other options mentioned like using the cash regisiter to set the price and just clicking on the object were not working which was what was so frustrating because it had worked earlier for me.   but  the business build tool did as long as I clicked on each item by itself like phyllisp suggested and then they were bought and restocked with no problems at that end...... Thank you for the helpful info
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 07, 11:24:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're using the Maxis shelves, you can also click on the shelf with the business build tool and set the whole group for sale at once.

I'm sure there's some real good reason why those shelves don't count as counter space so custom items won't go on them, but I can't think what it would be :p

Unsouper
speedreader
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 07, 13:17:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You actually have to make the items "saleable."  That little price tag in the Business Tracker sets items to be sold AND sets prices.  That's why you can't use the cash register method of setting prices and have it work if you have not already made the item "saleable". 

In that same section of the Business Tracker there is a lock (open or closed).  Be sure to use this to buy items from the catalogue at wholesale prices.  Otherwise you are paying full price from the catalogue and not making the profit you should be.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 08, 12:07:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure there's some real good reason why those shelves don't count as counter space so custom items won't go on them, but I can't think what it would be :p

There is a hack available at MTS2 that lets you place custom items on the shelves:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=137561

I've tried it and it seems to work fine.

Karen
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 08, 12:34:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is not, strictly speaking, necessary. Custom objects can be placed on shelves, without a hack: I call attention to Exhibit A, the FFS Sleepclock OFB Update, which can, indeed, be placed on shelves exactly like a normal alarm clock can. Nyah. I can make objects place on shelves just fine. You just gotta set the clicky bits right.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 08, 12:36:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, you want to update *all* downloaded new meshes with the right flag?

Of course that is what I am planning to do (and at the same time fix the 'dual english' bug and for beds set energy etc. to realistic levels), but Numenor's bandaid fix will do until then.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 08, 13:19:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oooh, thank you soooo much. That mod for the shelves is just what I need.

Sorry but I'm too dumb to set all the clicky bits right and I have tons of custom content specifically for stores. I've been collecting it forever. I don't have a second forever to figure out how to fix it and do it ;)

Unsouper
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: