More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 03:20:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Randomly Crashing TS2
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Randomly Crashing TS2  (Read 2980 times)
Orbit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Randomly Crashing TS2
« on: 2006 March 10, 20:41:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yesterday I installed somemore of JM's hacks, and now my game keeps randomly crashing.  I didn't install any other hacks except JM's hacks.  The only expansions I have are Nightlife with OP2.  Below are the hacks I installed:

AutoYak
Sync Timer
Sleep Clock
Bathroom Uses You
Baby Control
Skillinator
Macrotastics
Lobonanny

Can someone please help me?
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
Re: Randomly Crashing TS2
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 10, 20:55:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first thing to do to test a possible hack problem is always to see if the problem goes away when you take the hacks out of your downloads directory. Since hacks do not actually change anything permanently, if the problem continues when they have been removed, then the timing is pure coincidence and you have an unrelated problem. If removing the hacks solves the problem, then you can start looking at whether you have accidentally picked up the wrong version of one of them.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
aqualectrix
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 10, 20:58:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is your bathroomusesyou the very latest (3/9/2006) from the nl/hacks directory?  The 3/6, 3/7, and 3/8 versions were causing crashes for some of us.  At least for me, the 3/9 fixed that.
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 10, 22:15:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most times it doesn't have a thing to do with hacks, the program has a lot of memory leaks which cause the program to crash.

It happens with every expansion...

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
Orbit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 10, 22:30:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most times it doesn't have a thing to do with hacks, the program has a lot of memory leaks which cause the program to crash.

It happens with every expansion...

But the problem happens repediatly.  I'll try downloading the version of Bathroom Uses You from nl/hacks....
« Last Edit: 2006 March 11, 13:08:42 by Orbit » Logged
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 10, 22:35:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yesterday I installed somemore of JM's hacks, and now my game keeps randomly crashing.  I didn't install any other hacks except JM's hacks.  The only expansions I have are Nightlife with OP2.  Below are the hacks I installed:

Bathroom Uses You

Can someone please help me?

Make sure you have the latest version of this one -- the versions released between 3/5 and 3/8 had a problem that caused the game to crash to the desktop. There's a 3/9 version in the nl/hacks directory that fixes the problem.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: