More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 03:16:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Don't throw stones....a possible improvement at Maxis?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Don't throw stones....a possible improvement at Maxis?  (Read 6021 times)
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
Don't throw stones....a possible improvement at Maxis?
« on: 2006 March 02, 05:01:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK -
Since I don't have the expansion pack yet (even though I preordered weeks ago  Roll Eyes ) I thought I'd subject myself to a little torture and check out what people were complaining about or praising at the BBS. I was pleasantly surprised to see at sticky at the top of the OFB forum from MaxoidKane where they are listing some of the FAQs that technical support is already receiving. It's not much yet, but it does seem like quite an improvement from the last two expansions. My biggest gripe with that board is that people should be able to go to the game's official website in order to get competent information and not just Bella sightings. It will be interesting to see how developed the FAQ becomes.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
Re: Don't throw stones....a possible improvement at Maxis?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 02, 05:35:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, I'm not going to throw stones!  If they'd get something besides senseless drivel going on there many of us would stop in occasionally!  Maybe one day they'll figure out people NEED technical info in a concise format!

Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 02, 05:58:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Given the average of the intellgence there, I wonder if anyone will stop to read the FAQ instead of posting a question and promising a bene for it. and people rush to answer for the bene...blah blah blah.

Go Away
Countess
Verona
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 02, 06:13:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed many of the BBS crowd are already complaining about how hard the game is. And, owning a business isn't really that much fun. Too much work. Welcome to RL.

Loved the post from the lady that was so excited to get OFB. Asked if Santa had visited anyone else yet.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 02, 06:26:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These are people who complained about how hard Uni was, and NL, and the original.

The same people who have problems maxxing skills before their sim dies. The same ones that have sims die from need failure WITHOUT TRYING TO DO SO!

They aren't the cream of the crop.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 02, 13:21:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You took the words right out of my mouth Sanmonroe. How hard can it be, after all. I don't go to the official board very often (idiocy makes me twitchy), but from what I read on my rare ventures, there are some people who actually manage to mess up badly. Let's face it, the sims is really not a bone (or ball) breaker if you use common sense, and essential mods from the best modders on the globe. Who by the way, are working on their lists as we speak.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 02, 13:22:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed many of the BBS crowd are already complaining about how hard the game is. And, owning a business isn't really that much fun. Too much work. Welcome to RL.

*cackles* Exactly! I love it. You'll notice how it was always the kids wanting to go to work with their Sims, not the adult players. The older ones KNOW it's no fun! Cheesy

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 02, 14:12:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I refuse to even go to the BBS. Too many morons, complaining about moronic stuff, and giving moronic advice.

It's pretty sad when someone stupid (ME) can say, "You're not the brightest one onna block sonny boy!"

DEATH TO UGLY BEAGLE DOGS!
WALMART IS THE DEVIL!!!!!
I DEMAND THE FIERY DEATH OF CRYING BABIES!
Do us a favor? DIE, GO TO HEAVEN, STFU!
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 02, 14:32:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find the bbs entertaining at times, but perhaps I have a little more patience than others.  The only thing that gets my back up over there is the way the fanboys (or girls lol) act like bugs don't exist and how dare we insult Maxis by mentioning bugs.  It ticks me off to see some poor kid getting jumped on for even daring to suggest they found a bug. 
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 02, 14:48:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed many of the BBS crowd are already complaining about how hard the game is.
That's the most positive thing I've heard about the expansion so far.  I haven't really been interested in this one so far because I've figured running businesses would be a non-game that required no thinking.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Persephone
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 02, 14:49:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm quite pleased with the level of difficulty in this ep.  For the first time in a long time the game is actually challenging again.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 02, 20:59:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

blah blah....., but it does seem like quite an improvement from the last two expansions.......blah blah

An IMPROVEMENT would be if Maxis would take their time to put out a good game/good EP instead of wanting to "sell first fix later.'
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 04, 04:45:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...I don't have the expansion pack yet (even though I preordered weeks ago  Roll Eyes )...

You pre-ordered from Amazon.com too?  Tongue
stormygsa
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 04, 22:13:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...I don't have the expansion pack yet (even though I preordered weeks ago  Roll Eyes )...

You pre-ordered from Amazon.com too?  Tongue

Yeah, me too!  I think I fall into the "moron" mode now.  The only good thing may be that the modders will get the hacks ready before I even install the game. Undecided
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 06, 01:47:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*throws a large, EA Games owned company at simmiecal*
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: