More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 04:07:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Two Hack Requests - Ghosts and Food Delivery
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Two Hack Requests - Ghosts and Food Delivery  (Read 4939 times)
resin
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Two Hack Requests - Ghosts and Food Delivery
« on: 2006 January 23, 18:43:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please feel free to move to Retardo Land, but there is no "hack request" forum, no? Both of these hacks have existed in some form but are not compatible with NL as far as I can tell. If wrong, please poke me with a stick. In any case, I think my request is slightly different from the function of the original hacks.

1) Ghosts hack. I love ghosts: I want them to bug my sims, I even want them to occasionally kill my sims. What I don't want is for them to turn on the stereo and TV (this annoys ME, not the sims sleeping peacefully in the next room). Also, no waking sims up by cheering (or jeering) the bed! In addition, do they have to haunt every night? Supposedly "mourn" will get them to cut it out (though this has no effect at at least one lot) for a few nights, but when ghosts are restless, they are restless every freaking night. Is it possible to put in a "chance of haunting"?
So to sum up:
a) keep ghosts, let them wander in the house as much as they want.
b) wake up sims, sure, but only to scare them.
c) no cheering/jeering the bed and no turning on TV or stereo!
d) possible "chance of haunting" rather than certainty?

2) Food hack - two issues
a) Once again, I have people coming over for a party and heading straight for the chips no matter what other options are available. Once upon a time, there was a hack for this, but my understanding is that it doesn't work for NL. Even if it does, I am left with issue...
b) delivery guy/gal comes, rings doorbell. A sim selects "Accept delivery". From there it's a two-hour-long dance (in game time) to get the food in the hands of the sim, with lots of stomping, crying, and dropping of queued tasks in the meantime. This is true for pizza as well as groceries, but the grocery sitation is FAR worse than the pizza. I know there are ways around this (wait for the delivery guy to give up and then go pick up the food, just buy a new 'fridge, etc.) but a fix would be MUCH appreciated!

As always, this hack request should in no way be seen as a petulant demand for more work from you lovely free-working hackers! You do fabulous work.

Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
Re: Two Hack Requests - Ghosts and Food Delivery
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 23, 19:19:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The second hack can be found here

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
resin
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 23, 19:27:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There it is. Thanks!

This is the one I was thinking of. It doesn't fix part "b" of my food request, but maybe nothing can.

Also, although this is labeled as a NL hack, it was freaking out my game big time right after I installed NL, typically by bringing delivery people onto the lot but then making them completely unselectable. So I had NO choice but to wait for them to give up, drop the food, and leave. This would happen every time...but only on some lots. Once I deleted the hack, problem gone.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 23, 19:46:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the delivery person, it is important to have a large enough porch or else you will have a lot of trouble with the idiots marching around all over the place. A porch one tile wide will cause nothing but headaches; even two tile wide porches can be problematic. I've found it helps to babysit the hell out of the sim accepting the delivery, also.

florican
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 23, 23:06:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An alternative for 2b (grocery madness) is Monique's computer at MTS2 that has an option for express delivery and teleports the groceries direct to the sim doing the ordering. It does pizza and chinese too.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 23, 23:15:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Inge's hack that restocks the refrigerator automatically every night at midnight.  I was also going to suggest Monique's computer, but I see florican has beat me to it!  Monique's computer has many other features as well, and I use them exclusively.
resin
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 23, 23:34:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks! I'll get that teleport fridge, I think. I only come to MATY anymore, so I don't know what else is out there. A wise policy normally, but in this case I'll make an exception.

That all helps a great deal with the food issues (at least my "2b" issue).
Does anyone else have as much trouble with ghosts or is it just me? I can think of some reasons why: a foundation seems to prevent ghosts from entering, and the house where this problem is reaching disaster proportions has no foundation...
crazi_aboutu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 24, 03:21:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Instead of dealing with the grocery delivery person I use Dizzy's work delivery of groceries wich has your sim bring home groceries from work and unless I am in baby mode witha  family and stayed home too many days ina row I havent had to use grocery delivers, they soemtimes also bring home pizza.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 24, 03:27:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dizzy's mod also gets rid of the annoying "Hi everyone, I'm home!" that family sims do.  It was cute at first, like many things, but soon got old.  He tells you how to modify the chances of food or pizza in SimPE, and I've changed mine to a random chance of pizza but no groceries.  Since I use Inge's fridge hack, the groceries were always being left sitting around, so they just bring pizza home sometimes.
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 24, 09:23:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Resin, have you checked out JMP's 'Ghost Buster'? It may not do everything you want but at least you can keep them out of certain rooms. It seems to be updated for NL since it was also included in the Director's Cut. It'll be awesome if the Ghost Buster and TJ's Ghost Hack (not updated for NL yet) could be rolled into one, but there's only one option available now Undecided.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 24, 09:50:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe JM said if you put urns on foundations without stairs, the ghosts can't get out.  They also can't cross water, so you could build a moat around them.  I have never seen ghosts enter the Goth house, and I believe the reason given for this by either JM or TJ was that it was harder for the ghosts to enter the house since it is on a foundation, and they have to find the stairs to get in the house.  The ghostbuster sign works well too.  It banishes them back to their urn/tombstone.  I think JM said that they will usually start haunting where they last appeared, so the sign is useful to send them back to their tombstone, and if you have it situated as above, they should not be able to get out after that.
resin
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 24, 22:50:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CuriousSpurious and Rainbow,

Yeah, I know the foundation bit will stop the ghosts and I know about JM's "ghostbuster" (Thanks for the tips, though!). Until there's a better fix, I'll keep using the former and start using the latter. (that bit about an elevated graveyard is an excellent idea!)

It's a shame: I LIKE ghosts, but I can't stand their obsession with technology and beds. Can't they just wander around and occasionally scare the living? I know that's what I'll be doing someday, not crying about how my child sold my old bed!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: