More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 09:23:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can't load DT lots in new hood
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't load DT lots in new hood  (Read 3858 times)
pamysue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Can't load DT lots in new hood
« on: 2006 January 28, 05:46:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Pleasantview or ville or whatever it is, was finally getting so screwy... I gave up.  I started a new hood and used the delete all characters after creating my Uni and Downtown.  Then I made my Sims (horribly boring task).

Now I'm having a problem I was having in my old hood.  When I send a  Sim to a DT lot, it loads DT then it sits on the loading the lot of choice forever.  If I look at Task Manager, my CPU is just churning away, the program manager says the program is running (not listed as not responding) and I can hear Sims talking in the background, playing music, toilets overflowing.  Any ideas?  I finally made Pleasure Sims and they're gonna be a real PITA if I can't take them DT.

In case it's needed, I have plenty of hardware.  P4 2.7Ghz, 2Gb RAM, 256 ATI x700 PCI Express video

Thanks for any ideas.

It's a shame that stupidity isn't painful.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
Re: Can't load DT lots in new hood
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 28, 05:55:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which lots are you going to specifically and have you tried different ones?
How are you getting to DT - taxi or car?
Are you going as an individual sim, as a date or an outing?
pamysue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 28, 06:04:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which lots are you going to specifically and have you tried different ones?
How are you getting to DT - taxi or car?
Are you going as an individual sim, as a date or an outing?

These are lots I've made, so the names would be useless.  Yes I have tried going to different lots.
Almost all my Sims have cars, so they are taking cars (or trying to).
Going alone.

Also, I checked the character files to see if the NPC were created and 7 had been created since my last Sim I'd made.  I've looked at my error logs, but have no idea what they mean or which ones are relevant to my problem.   Huh

C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 28, 06:06:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you happen to have crammyboy's NormalClothes mod? If yes, you need to install his ClothingEventFix too.
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 28, 06:12:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try sending them to the lot by taxi and see what happens. When you were constructing the lot, did you changelotzoning at any time?
pamysue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 28, 06:13:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you happen to have crammyboy's NormalClothes mod? If yes, you need to install his ClothingEventFix too.

I have both of those mods installed.

pamysue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 28, 06:14:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try sending them to the lot by taxi and see what happens. When you were constructing the lot, did you changelotzoning at any time?

I will try that.  And no, the only cheats I use while building are the snapObjectsToGrid and 45DegreeAngleOfRotation.  Probably because they are the only ones I know.  Smiley

C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 28, 06:18:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your problem sounded very much like the Downtown lots not loading thread, I thought that might be it. Maybe you could turn on debug mode when you try to visit those DT lots and attach the error logs for those more awesome to look at?
pamysue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 28, 07:37:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try sending them to the lot by taxi and see what happens.

Very interesting.  I went to a new Sim and had her call a taxi.  Took her to a DT lot and all was fine.  Had her take a taxi to the lot that would not load previously and all was fine.  Took her home and had her drive her car DT and all was fine.
Went back to my original Sim that had problems and had him take a taxi DT and all was fine.  Took him home and had him drive DT to the same lot that would not load before.  (I was ready to blame my problems on the Smord truck at this point)  It loaded fine.
Went to yet another new Sim.  Had her try to drive DT, lot would not load.   Angry
So, I have decided that I will have to take all Sims DT in a taxi before I can take them in their car/truck.  What a PITA.

Thanks, simmiecal.   Smiley

simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 28, 13:47:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try sending them to the lot by taxi and see what happens.

Very interesting.  I went to a new Sim and had her call a taxi.  Took her to a DT lot and all was fine.  Had her take a taxi to the lot that would not load previously and all was fine.  Took her home and had her drive her car DT and all was fine.
Went back to my original Sim that had problems and had him take a taxi DT and all was fine.  Took him home and had him drive DT to the same lot that would not load before.  (I was ready to blame my problems on the Smord truck at this point)  It loaded fine.
Went to yet another new Sim.  Had her try to drive DT, lot would not load.   Angry
So, I have decided that I will have to take all Sims DT in a taxi before I can take them in their car/truck.  What a PITA.

Thanks, simmiecal.   Smiley

I noticed - but have nothing to back this up - that it seems like lots, especially the downtown lots, take forever to load up the first time, but seem relatively quick afterwards.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: