More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 03, 07:55:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Neighborhood apocalypse - on purpose?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Neighborhood apocalypse - on purpose?  (Read 20989 times)
Riwa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Neighborhood apocalypse - on purpose?
« Reply #25 on: 2006 January 18, 23:33:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I imagine some sort of hack to make anyone who contracts the Mysterious Disease (very contagious in my 'hood) have a 10% chance of death would be just the thing...

I'd like something similar as well.  Good idea!
Keltobin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 January 19, 00:56:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want a post-apocalyptic neighborhood, just borrow a local four-year-old and let him play your game for a few hours.   Grin

haha I can always tell when my sons (twins, and I didn't even eat cookies much when I was pregnant  Grin ) have been playing my game because a Sim will show up named "xcfjkbfjbfjdsbjs dsdd" who lives in a lot filled with bunny heads...

I never knew about the reindeer, but plan to go test it out tonight.  *Imagines a white ghost with a blinking red nose*  Cheesy

I LOVE the idea of a contageous disease!  It would really help thin out my older neighborhoods and add a random element to the deaths.  I've had sims die of disease but I had to work very hard to keep them tired and poorly fed to do it.
cristalfiona
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 January 19, 09:01:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my sims may have died of disease, im not sure, It was either that or starving to death. I put her She got trapped inside a fence with only a shower and an easel. And i havnt seen her ghost because her tombstone mysteriously disappeared from the lot. I think her husbands ghost may have smashed it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 January 19, 14:15:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You REALLY want me to add you an option? I can give you "Decimate Neighborhood" if that's what you want....you won't get any tombstones, but every time you choose the option, the neighborhood will be decimated.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 January 19, 15:29:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You REALLY want me to add you an option? I can give you "Decimate Neighborhood" if that's what you want....you won't get any tombstones, but every time you choose the option, the neighborhood will be decimated.

Yes.
Is there a way that we would know who got the plague? Would any of have memories of the sims that died if they were on the same lot as the unfortunate ones? Could you make it so that once a certain percentage croked then the plague would miraculously go away? And I would want this to be something that I would trigger, not something that would randomly happen.

*rubs hands together*  Now my medieval neighborhood will truly be complete - plague and all!
agcons
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 January 20, 01:43:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

None of my sims have died from disease, and I've had the five-minute cure happen nearly every time one gets sick.  A few of them have been electrocuted fixing appliances, but they survived -- in each case their needs and mechanical skills were high.  There are a couple of sims I'm getting tired of, and they have low mechanical skills . . . .

The first sizzling I saw was a repairman, and the old fool hadn't quite finished the job when it happened.  He left immediately (wouldn't you?).   
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 January 20, 01:48:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way that we would know who got the plague?
Hmm...maybe. I might be able to do a popup of who was given the death token.

Would any of have memories of the sims that died if they were on the same lot as the unfortunate ones?
Nope. This would be pretty crude, just randomly handling out the death token. Everyone affected would just drop dead on "another lot" when you visited their lot.

Could you make it so that once a certain percentage croked then the plague would miraculously go away? And I would want this to be something that I would trigger, not something that would randomly happen.
They wouldn't actually "croak" or have a disease. They would just mysteriously vanish. It wouldn't be a continuing thing. A decimation would just arbitaarily "kill" every 10th sim, in the original sense of the word.

If you REALLY want an actual PLAGUE, on the other hand, you could just infect a townie with one of the various deadly diseases available in the make-me-sick tester, and then just watch the plague rampage through your neighorhood unstoppably.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 January 20, 01:59:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could you make it so that once a certain percentage croked then the plague would miraculously go away? And I would want this to be something that I would trigger, not something that would randomly happen.
They wouldn't actually "croak" or have a disease. They would just mysteriously vanish. It wouldn't be a continuing thing. A decimation would just arbitaarily "kill" every 10th sim, in the original sense of the word.

If you REALLY want an actual PLAGUE, on the other hand, you could just infect a townie with one of the various deadly diseases available in the make-me-sick tester, and then just watch the plague rampage through your neighorhood unstoppably.

Every 10th sim - this would include all age groups right? None of that Maxis silliness where the youngins don't get wiped out. This would be good for when I get too many playable sims. Don't have the heart to just wipe them all out. (Yes, JM- I'm weak that way.  Tongue )

Whenever I've had an illness spreading around the hood, it's been annoying but nobody has ever died from it. The only deaths that I've had in game that were not intentionally caused by me was one electrocution, four or five mysterious choking deaths and old age deaths. Sims are damn near immortal if the big eye in the sky doesn't interfere.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 January 20, 03:00:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about a mod that makes the plague more virulent?  Like it could be caught in the normal way (I assume it's a % chance) but you'd have a 33% chance of dying from it.  I know there are some mods that still lets your sims get sick but without any chance of dying.  If that can swing one way, I'm sure it could swing the other?  Then all the ghosts would have died from disease.  Seems much more realistic than just mysteriously having 1/10 of the population vanish.  The latter sounds more like some kind of alien mass kidnapping Smiley
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2006 January 20, 04:14:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I like this idea too. It's near impossible for Sims to die of any disease now, even when you try. I've noticed how when they're sick, sometimes the bladder meter will drop very suddenly to half full. Maybe the hunger meter drops precipitously to the bottom... or Huh

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 January 20, 04:17:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems much more realistic than just mysteriously having 1/10 of the population vanish.  The latter sounds more like some kind of alien mass kidnapping Smiley
Apocalypse by alien abduction doesn't sound so bad. Tongue

Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 January 20, 06:15:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had any sims die from disease yet.  Even when I tried to make them die from the disease/flu they never did.  They seem to miraculously recover regardless of whether you let them rest or not, heh.

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
katemonster
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 January 20, 16:12:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about a mod that makes the plague more virulent?  Like it could be caught in the normal way (I assume it's a % chance) but you'd have a 33% chance of dying from it.

Yes please please please!

Is the chance of dying from disease coded somewhere where it could be easily found and changed? Like, say, someplace that even an ignorant monkey like me could find it? Anybody know?
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 January 20, 19:20:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems much more realistic than just mysteriously having 1/10 of the population vanish.  The latter sounds more like some kind of alien mass kidnapping Smiley
Apocalypse by alien abduction doesn't sound so bad. Tongue

Only if they are returned somehow different.  If they just disappear never to be seen again, it's just like any normal day in New York City or Chigaco or something.

Is the chance of dying from disease coded somewhere where it could be easily found and changed? Like, say, someplace that even an ignorant monkey like me could find it? Anybody know?

I tried but couldn't find that mod again.  I think it was on MTS2.  It said something like "Your sims will not die from a disease but can still get sick".
qvcatullus
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 January 20, 19:32:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A disease that was actually dangerous instead of annoying would be great. And then, while you're at it, convince Maxis to rewrite the code so that dead sims no longer clog up the works. After that, I would like a pony.

As per the etymology of decimation, which someone mentioned a long time ago -- Rome used to have a very-seldom-used punishment for their soldiers called decimatio, in which the soldiers in a legion which had disgraced itself would be grouped off by tens and each soldier in a group of ten counting off from one to ten. A lot would be drawn with a number from one to ten, and apparently the other soldiers in each group were responsible for killing the one with that number.
There's some degree of debate over precisely what went on, when this was used, etc., but it worked great as a threat. The legion only loses 10% of the soldiers, which isn't really that bad in terms of logistics, and the survivors got an interesting object lesson.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 January 20, 23:07:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

. After that, I would like a pony.

LOL  This was so funny!

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
katemonster
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 January 21, 01:54:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried but couldn't find that mod again.  I think it was on MTS2.  It said something like "Your sims will not die from a disease but can still get sick".

No, I don't want them not to die. I'm sick of them not dying. I want an apocalyptic plague!
qvcatullus
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 January 21, 02:57:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL  This was so funny!

C

Well, I would like a pony. But I think you got my point.
The one thing that I fear more than having my boring extra sims refuse to die is having them die, be replaced by more boring extra sims, and *poof*
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 January 21, 04:19:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I don't want them not to die. I'm sick of them not dying. I want an apocalyptic plague!

lol ! no, the point is if there is a mod that reduces the chances of dying to zero, maybe it can be modified to increase the chances of dying to something else.  That's what ignorant monkey, huh kate monster was  asking.
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 January 21, 16:18:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using the Maxis diseases would seem to be the easiest, to me, and you can immunize your favorite Sims from dying that way with the various hacks that do that. I suppose stopping it once it's gotten would be the hard part, and of course you wouldn't lose babies and toddlers except to the social worker, hmm. I ended up keeping an Insim health monitor on almost every lot to nuke my last annoying disease roundabout since I got bored of not having visitors over while trying to get -everyone- better...
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: