More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 10:33:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I am SO MAD at you! But I think I kinda like you after all...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I am SO MAD at you! But I think I kinda like you after all...  (Read 4429 times)
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
I am SO MAD at you! But I think I kinda like you after all...
« on: 2006 January 09, 23:28:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Decided to give this a thread all of it's own.

I have a situation where even without contact, relationship scores are rising on one side while remaining static on the other.

Case 1. Cassandra Goth and Don Lothario.  Don left Cass at the altar, so of course Cass was furious and both relationships were seriously tanked (-100/-100 on Cass's side).  Over time playing the Goth house, I've noticed that as the furiousness ran its course, with no direct contact between Cass and Don aside from the obligatory newspaper stealing and bin kickage, Cass's daily and lifetime relationship score has risen to 83/83.  Over the same length of time in the Lothario house, Don's relationship with Cass is currently sitting at around 30/30.

Case 2. Dina Caliente and the burglar (Russ Bear I think).  Same sort of deal.  Dina was furious with Russ for breaking in (with -100/-100), but over time her relationship towards him has become positive, even though I certainly haven't had them interact!

The only common point I can find between these two cases is the furiousness of the sim whose relationship is increasing.

<insert witty comment here>
Ms.Perception
Pinheaded Pissant

From me to you.

View Profile
Re: I am SO MAD at you! But I think I kinda like you after all...
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 10, 00:13:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that as well. The sim who gets furious winds up liking the person they're furious with even more. I just thought it was me. Good to know I'm not going completely insane.

Do you even need one of these when you don't actually post?
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 10, 00:16:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I've had that happen too. One sim couple breaks up, they both are furious at each other, after five days at both houses, he's 0/0 with her, while she's 100/100.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 10, 00:22:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay it's not just me!

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 10, 00:28:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I've noticed that with the burglars as well, and in fact I even had my Sims call the burglar to fulfill a friend requirement.  It took surprisingly longer than I thought, even though the relationship on my Sims side was 100/100.  It seemed to take as long as it would have if he didn't have any points listed there whatsoever.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 10, 00:30:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm guessing the one who's furious is the only one who's relationship score is increasing (why I don't know) but the furious-ee remains static.  At least that's how it seems to be going.

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 10, 00:43:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In that one case, I would have thought Russ Bear would be furious at my Sims too - he went to jail because of them!
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 10, 01:47:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, that sounds retarded and yet another thing that is backasswards. Roll Eyes

But as for the burglar gettin furious at the people in the house... well the code probably doesnt' do something as "complex" as that. It probably does make him furious at the Cop, I suppose if the cop wins and beats the crap out of him.

Or... it may not. Tongue Who the heck knows? I don't feel like looking at the code either. At least not tonight. Lol.

Ste

vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 10, 03:36:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In that one case, I would have thought Russ Bear would be furious at my Sims too - he went to jail because of them!

Are you kidding?  He might have sued!

The Sims 2: Lawsuit Cheesy

radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 10, 06:09:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the case of the crook, the sim has to "know" them in order to be furious about the event.
Therefore, the game places the crook in your friends list and makes you furious with them so that your sim can fume over being broken into all day long. Tongue

Instant gratification takes too long.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 10, 12:06:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The quirk of the "Furious" system is that once a sim becomes furious with another sim, the relationship will gradually rise on its own, several points an hour, until the furiousness wears off. This means that the fastest way to become friends with another sim with little effort is to, paradoxically, slap them. This results in everyone being furious, and the relationship will soar upwards from there. Check back a day later and you'll be best friends.

Stupid, isn't it? Get "enemies accumulate" from the MATY Director's Cut, which caps off this effect so the relationship cannot improve beyond "I still hate you". And makes it possible to keep enemies. And other sanity limits.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: