More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 11:26:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Anyone recognise this outfit?
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Anyone recognise this outfit?  (Read 29025 times)
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Anyone recognise this outfit?
« Reply #50 on: 2005 December 08, 13:15:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the whole acting career has peculiar clothes choices, myself.  After all, most actors don't wear uniforms (except when playing a part on stage!) and I'm sure that icons wouldn't meet their fans wearing a tatty tracksuit!
they probably wouldnt, given the fact that a ratty old tracksuit wouldnt garner much attention from their first love The Camera! and worse yet they would be the lauging stock of all the gossip rags and fashion critics.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 December 08, 13:27:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly!  It's computer programmer maxoids who probably go to work in that kind of gear - but film stars, even semi-retired ones, still go for the glamorous and sexy image which people have come to expect of them!  And the male stars still want to look capable of "pulling the birds", even when they reach their 90's!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 December 08, 13:38:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly!  It's computer programmer maxoids who probably go to work in that kind of gear - but film stars, even semi-retired ones, still go for the glamorous and sexy image which people have come to expect of them!  And the male stars still want to look capable of "pulling the birds", even when they reach their 90's!
I think The Maxoids need to be a little more observant of how Movie Icons and other famous people really dress when meeting the public.Even the British Royal Family dresses better than that when they are on their Balmoral estate for relaxation and not intending to mix with the Public! I cant Imagine seeing a Hollywood Icon at a press conference looking like they just rolled out of bed! Shocked

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 December 08, 13:58:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me neither!  (Mind you, the British Royals are not known for their dress sense either!  and they never know when some press photographer is going to jump out of the heather saying "Smile Please!"

Zephyr Zodiac
AnastasiaRenai
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2005 December 08, 14:10:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't necessarily think that Maxis intended to make any of the outfits realistic, I think they are all a parody of some sorts.  The track suits for an icon is kind of funny, because that is not what you would expect.  I think the parody is that we place icons on a pedastal and could never imagine them in anything besides make up and the whole 9s but in reality they are very much human and probably wear a tatty old track suit because it is well (comfortable).  Think Kirstie Alley, Alec Baldwin or the National Enquirer (or whatever tabloid magazine you have in your country)  They are not exactly parading around in their sunday best every day.  My personal favorite are the career outfits for the paranormal track. 
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005 December 08, 14:17:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But the point is these are the outfits they are supposed to wear to go to work!  Yes, we all know that film stars go to the supermarket in tatty jeans and an old sweater and no make-up (and often totally unrecognised) but they don't do official things like chat shows dressed like that!

Zephyr Zodiac
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: 2005 December 08, 14:18:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only work clothes that I really like are the Military ones  Grin I hate that light blue business suit the women wear, it makes them look huge!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2005 December 08, 14:28:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't it just!  And so many careers have a point where they wear it!  For starters, I honestly don't think any self-respecting detective would wear a suit like that to work!  How can you look like a tough cop in powder blue?

Zephyr Zodiac
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: 2005 December 08, 14:32:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't it just!  And so many careers have a point where they wear it!  For starters, I honestly don't think any self-respecting detective would wear a suit like that to work!  How can you look like a tough cop in powder blue?

Can you get default replacements for work clothes? I would consider replacing that if I could. I don't mind the other clothes, but that suit really sucks.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2005 December 08, 14:39:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen any, but then, I haven't really been looking.  If anyone knows of any, there's quite a few i wouldn't mind replacing!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2005 December 08, 15:21:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen any, but then, I haven't really been looking.  If anyone knows of any, there's quite a few i wouldn't mind replacing!
yes please let me know as well 3 of my celebrity chefs just went to work looking for all the world like a court Jester!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2005 December 08, 15:35:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate that dowdy men's business suit too!  All very well for the lower orders, but I for one used to love how the chief of Staff in Sims1 went to work in a morning coat and pinstriped trousers!  I mean, with a bit of a paunch, he looked REALLY IMPORTANT!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2005 December 08, 15:42:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate that dowdy men's business suit too!  All very well for the lower orders, but I for one used to love how the chief of Staff in Sims1 went to work in a morning coat and pinstriped trousers!  I mean, with a bit of a paunch, he looked REALLY IMPORTANT!
I do to unfortunately for us the Maxoids Powers of observation are distinctly lacking any sense of reality Undecided

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2005 December 08, 15:48:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I suppose when you live in a world of make-believe.......

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2005 December 08, 16:58:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah............but does it have to be so ugly???

bloodstainedkisses
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2005 December 08, 17:05:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah............but does it have to be so ugly???

This shouldn't be a surprise... look at the regular stuff they make! ><
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2005 December 08, 17:06:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the Maxoids seem to have a penchant for ugly!  Take Goopy, for an example!  (No, don't do that, what an obnoxious thought!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2005 December 08, 17:12:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the Maxoids seem to have a penchant for ugly!  Take Goopy, for an example!  (No, don't do that, what an obnoxious thought!)
or how about Benjamin Long!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2005 December 08, 17:20:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or Melissa Fancey!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2005 December 08, 17:25:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or Melissa Fancey!
the list of ugly Townies and NPC's is endless

bloodstainedkisses
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2005 December 08, 17:28:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

or how about Benjamin Long!

I used him as a Legacy spouse once... -Shudders- He makes the UGLIEST children. ><;

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2005 December 08, 17:35:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the first install I ever had, Brandi brought him home from work and was really keen on him - thank god I never let her have her way!  I mean, Skip was no oil-painting, but Benjamin!  And he can be really nasty too!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2005 December 08, 17:42:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the first install I ever had, Brandi brought him home from work and was really keen on him - thank god I never let her have her way!  I mean, Skip was no oil-painting, but Benjamin!  And he can be really nasty too!
at least Skip produced good looking kids with decent temperments!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2005 December 08, 17:53:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But Dustin needs a lot of help to realise that and grow up well in the end!  But I'm playing him in this install (just cloned him along with all the rest) and he's really a very good father, even though I still can't get him and Brandi above one LB for each other - I tried changing his aspiration to Popularity, but it makes no difference.  Seems to me that there's somehting to be said for both partners having the same aspiration, but makes for a rather boring family!  (Dustin and dirk are an item at Uni, and frequently roll identical wants, although Dustin will also roll very Popularity/Family type wants, while Dirk will roll more Knowledge type wants.  Dustin rolls the want to chat with Beau on the phone every day!  (Sometimes twice).  And Beau only lives two doors away!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2005 December 08, 18:15:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But Dustin needs a lot of help to realise that and grow up well in the end!  But I'm playing him in this install (just cloned him along with all the rest) and he's really a very good father, even though I still can't get him and Brandi above one LB for each other - I tried changing his aspiration to Popularity, but it makes no difference.  Seems to me that there's somehting to be said for both partners having the same aspiration, but makes for a rather boring family!  (Dustin and dirk are an item at Uni, and frequently roll identical wants, although Dustin will also roll very Popularity/Family type wants, while Dirk will roll more Knowledge type wants.  Dustin rolls the want to chat with Beau on the phone every day!  (Sometimes twice).  And Beau only lives two doors away!
who Skip? cause Dustin is Brandi's son I hope there arent lightning bolts there have you tried changing astrological sign on skip?ive done that before and seen the bolts go from one to 2 or three after toying with that and the interests

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: