More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 05:10:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Stories not working right?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Stories not working right?  (Read 5996 times)
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Stories not working right?
« on: 2007 July 16, 02:00:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anxious to test out the new video card in my desktop and to get my boyfriend to be able to play without burning the house down, I acquired Life and Pet stories, and am having the same issue on each of them: the second story won't unlock. Both were from pirate bay, I unzipped, mounted the ISO, installed, copied the cracked exe to the folder (game won't run without it), beat Riley's story and got through chapter 3 of Alice's story, but I still don't have Vincent's, and Alice's story told me I can now play the second story but that doesn't show up either. Bad crack? Did I miss a step somewhere in there?

I realize it's not TS2, but I figure, a bunch of you have played it, maybe someone else has run into this.

INFP or something
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Stories not working right?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 16, 02:03:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who's Alice? I don't remember an Alice.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 16, 02:05:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that not her name? The one from Pet Stories, with the dog.

INFP or something
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 16, 05:46:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've heard of people having this problem with Pet Stories, who bought the damn game. I think they reinstalled to fix it. Never heard of the problem with Life Stories, though.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 16, 12:33:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Comments on this page indicate it's a glitch in both games that apparently happened to me twice. Lucky lucky me. Is there a way to save my game so I can reinstall and not have to do the story over?

INFP or something
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 August 18, 22:40:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am right now having some problems with my version of Life Stories. I don't seem to have a mailman or a working mailbox (so no bills or repoman either) alongside the gardener option is also missing. I am trying to understand if these are deliberately disabled but I really doubt it so. My LS is downloaded and I'm using Deamon Tools to make it work. Any solutions? the more I tried to "cheat my way into" solving the problem like forcing bills, more problems started to occur in the game (ex: the rewards from both stories are not buyable to free play anymore)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 August 18, 23:56:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You necromanced a 3 year old thread for this? Once again, I point the blame squarely at tight pants.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jylla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 August 19, 14:04:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The plants are plastic and the only thing the mailman does is deliver love letters. Any NPC (such as the Repoman) you see in simPE that you haven't otherwise seen in the game is probably not used. Life and Pet Stories were cobbled together from the first few EPs and the quality EA craftsmanship is screamingly evident.
Trying to cheat through the preset stories will only fuck up your game. Don't do it. There's a certain cocktail of cheats that can be used in Free Play. There are several threads that will tell you, if you Search.   
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 August 19, 15:38:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trying to cheat through the preset stories will only fuck up your game. Don't do it. There's a certain cocktail of cheats that can be used in Free Play. There are several threads that will tell you, if you Search.
Even trying to play like an expert through the preset stories will fuck them up. The game expects you to play it like a naive idiot, which is practically insulting to any sims veteran.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: