More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 16:55:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Missing baby epidemic? :3
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Missing baby epidemic? :3  (Read 6885 times)
pandasan
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Missing baby epidemic? :3
« on: 2009 August 14, 00:25:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before you tell me to go patch - this is different than the 'someone came over my house and left with my baby' problem. (I'm patched up to 1.4 but I've had the problem since 1.3) Babies born in households I'm not currently playing are disappearing! When switching to these households, I can still see the babies alive in the family tree, however, they are not on the lot anymore and are no where to be found in the neighborhood. I've tried using the supercomputer hacked object to select the missing babies & toddlers, but they don't even appear in the list. I was curious.. is it possible for the social worker to take babies from inactive houses which are (apparently) neglecting their kids? I used to have several families in the neighborhood with babies and toddlers, all have vanished while I wasn't playing the lot. I use Awesomemod with Indiestone story driver. Does anyone have any clue what is going on here?
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Re: Missing baby epidemic? :3
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 14, 00:39:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When unplayed sims leave home, the baby vanishes temporarily - sort of a simulated daycare. When you switch to those families, are they still away from the house? The babies might still be in limbo.

INFP or something
pandasan
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 14, 00:45:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In most instances, I noticed the baby was gone before ever switching back to the lot. Just clicking around on the other houses in "Edit Town" I'd notice the family portrait no longer has the baby (which then prompted me to switch over and try to see what happened)

Also - I just noticed the baby is not in the relationship panel either.
violetlass
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 16, 01:56:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I can see, it seems to me, that the 1.4 patch did its job, part of the fixes it has is that no more single adults in non-played house will have babies, so maybe it took all those babies away.

chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 16, 09:36:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As kuronue already explained, if all other sims in the household are gone, at work or something, then the babies temporarily disappear from the household. As soon as one of the other sims, teen or older, returns to the house, then the baby will reappear. You may have to exit and re-enter the house in order to see it, but that's how the process works.

The patch prevents new babies from being born to single parents, but doesn't take away existing ones, AFAIK.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
earthshoes
Asinine Airhead

Older and Meaner than You

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 16, 13:53:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have solved at least one mystery.  The family I was playing was at the hospital having triplets when a female sim walked up with a baby in her arms, laid it in front of the hospital doors, got in a cab, and drove cheerfully away. I'd never seen this before and was floored.

I waited and waited, sent my sim mother home with the triplets and kept the father at the hospital.  The woman never came back. To my dismay the baby began to cry and everyone ignored it (other than being unhappy about it).  I added the baby to my sim family and brought her home to raise.  (By the way, this is also how you get five dogs and six cats in real life).

The simological mother listed an insane trait and was single. 

I did wonder if family services would have come and picked up the baby or if the mother would have come back for it if I'd left it long enough.

Bouncing Pink Ball
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 16, 14:30:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What? Babies being returned to the hospital? Oh, this I have to see! Dropping a larva in front of the hospital seems suitably insane (too suitable, you'd think, as to be by design).  This can't be how the patch is removing single-parent babies...or could it? No, no way, but it's still funny.

I didn't even bother reading closely enough to know that the latest patch was suppose to stop one parent NPC spawn or remove them altogether. In either case, I'm not positive that I like that.

ENTP - Dominant Extroverted Intuition for the win!
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 20, 18:06:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The patch was to stop single parents from having any more babies. But all the babies born to single parents would still be in the game, only to becoming a dying species, or more appropriately; literal "baby boomers", on account of their parents magically conceiving them.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 20, 18:09:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Literal baby boom? Shouldn't that mean they explode or something?

INFP or something
Hafise
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 21, 23:17:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this happen with several of my families. The only way I've solved it, so far, was to move the family into a new house and the baby or toddler (in some cases) magically came back. There were some instances where there were already in child, teen or young adult form. I have no clue why they vanished out of my families to begin with but this only happened while running AM with Indie Stone mod.
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 21, 23:22:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You and I both are certainly not adding useful game knowledge now. And yes, I would consider it useful knowledge to know what a patch does in my game. So as to not remain confused when asking other questions pertaining to single parent babies and the like.
pandasan
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 22, 13:56:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for all of the feedback! So far I haven't noticed any more disappearing babies. All of my babies that vanished had 2 parents (and one was of a family I never switched to). Anyway, I was able to recover them from limbo using the Neighborhood Workshop Smiley
katierose
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 October 02, 21:14:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a similer problem only it my kids and its the house i play. every time i send a child out on its own useing the bike it goes POOF its little box disappers. i dont use the aswomemod or indestone. i think i may have figured it out now though i hope.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 October 02, 21:23:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a similer problem only it my kids and its the house i play. every time i send a child out on its own useing the bike it goes POOF its little box disappers. i dont use the aswomemod or indestone. i think i may have figured it out now though i hope.

Quote for the lulz.

'POOF its little box disappers'

Love it.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: