More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 11:33:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  *sigh* I depise the Pleasure sims LTWs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: *sigh* I depise the Pleasure sims LTWs  (Read 16689 times)
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: *sigh* I depise the Pleasure sims LTWs
« Reply #25 on: 2005 December 06, 04:31:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually... I think those insane LTWs are a riot. I mean, they aren't supposed to be easily fulfillable wants. That's part of the challenge. Wink

Now the 50 1st dates thing, now that certainly seems a bit more insane. But then again, there are plenty of other totally unrealistic LTWs out there, as have been already pointed out. You can justmake those sims your challenge sims. If your sim manages to get this from the onset, as a teen, I think it is totally doable. Can't you get dates as a teen? If you date throughout teendom, uni, and adulthood, you can probably make that 50 without that much of a hassle.

And the added challenge of playing these types of aspirations (Romance and Pleasure) is having to deal with the potential drama or fallout of relationships from other sims who might catch you on dates or other romantic interactions with other sims, when that ugly green monster that is Sim Jealousy rears its awful, ridiculous, non-sensical head. I think it wouldn't be that much of a problem if Sim Jealousy (and Furiousness) was much more reasonable. That's why we really need an update on that romancemod. Wink

Ste
I fulfilled the 50 1st dates ltw for a pleasure seeker I had what I did was call thegypsy when he ran out of friends to date. got the dates up to the good level to avoid the crush and love issuemy sim went on 6"dates" a day when he was not at  work thank god he was level 10 in his career so it took about 8 and a half sim days to  send him perma plat.
  I then changed his aspiration to popularity and he is much happier.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 December 06, 04:49:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of lifetime wants i think the most insane has gotta be for the grilled cheese aspiration.  Eat 200 grilled cheese sandwhiches, whats bad is they get a memory for each sandwhich they finish eating, i'm guessing its for marking purposes for the lifetime want but DAMN your gonna end up with 200 of those memories.  I gotta say as crummy as the grilled cheese aspiration is though i find it halarious.  I had a grilled cheese sim i moved to a dorm she was having no trouble staying in platium and her influence was easy to get.  Poor dormies all they really ate was grilled cheese because of her sandwhich obsession.
« Last Edit: 2005 December 06, 04:56:00 by LFox » Logged
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 December 06, 05:02:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of lifetime wants i think the most insane has gotta be for the grilled cheese aspiration.  Eat 200 grilled cheese sandwhiches, whats bad is they get a memory for each sandwhich they finish eating, i'm guessing its for marking purposes for the lifetime want but DAMN your gonna end up with 200 of those memories.  I gotta say as crummy as the grilled cheese aspiration is though i find it halarious.  I had a grilled cheese sim i moved to a dorm she was having no trouble staying in platium and her influence was easy to get.  Poor dormies all they really ate was grilled cheese because of her sandwhich obsession.
I changed a domie's aspiration from knowledge to grilled cheese after she had slap fest with my sim for no real reason. I used merola's mirror to get control of her and vincents modder to change her aspiration. it was totally hysterical.she ran around making sandwiches no body ate ,grabbing everyone she knew and some dormies she didnt know to talkk about....... you guessed it ! grilled cheese sandwiches

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 December 06, 05:09:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I changed a domie's aspiration from knowledge to grilled cheese after she had slap fest with my sim for no real reason. I used merola's mirror to get control of her and vincents modder to change her aspiration. it was totally hysterical.she ran around making sandwiches no body ate ,grabbing everyone she knew and some dormies she didnt know to talkk about....... you guessed it ! grilled cheese sandwiches

Hmm i'll have to try that sounds like a fun idea and it would give my sim someone to talk about her cheesy obsession with.
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 December 06, 05:25:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will never be satisfied until they bring in the LTW's for the new careers, or someone provides a hack for them.  Assuming the majority of people have Uni (and I suspect they do), why are they pandering to the minority at the expense of the majority?  Since when was that good business practice?

Besides, it's not as if they DIDN'T have any uni-related LTWs -- the family sims have the "send 3 children to college" LTW, so I really don't see why it would have killed them to add the career wants, so that the kids had some reason to go to uni other than pleasing their parents.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 December 06, 07:02:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will never be satisfied until they bring in the LTW's for the new careers, or someone provides a hack for them.  Assuming the majority of people have Uni (and I suspect they do), why are they pandering to the minority at the expense of the majority?  Since when was that good business practice?

Besides, it's not as if they DIDN'T have any uni-related LTWs -- the family sims have the "send 3 children to college" LTW, so I really don't see why it would have killed them to add the career wants, so that the kids had some reason to go to uni other than pleasing their parents.

They're slow at times.
I think I remember reading an explanation of they didn't want to force you to send your sims to Uni to achieve a LTW.
Seriously...what the hell...you're forced to do something no matter what lifetime want your sim ends up with.
I've had lotsa Captain Heroes that I didn't want..but I did it b/c I wanted perma plat status on that sim.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 December 06, 07:26:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just despise pleasure sims...  not only ridiculous LTWs, but their wants are pathetic measly things...

I find with pleasure sims I'm forever changing their activities every 2 seconds and really scraping to try to get their aspiration levels up to something sensible - it's just painful!

has anyone played with the power aspiration that is available through the sim-modder?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 December 06, 10:02:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, but I always wondered why they didn't have that along with fortune - I mean, it's really one of the most enduring of aspirations in humans, so why not sims?  And it would give a whole new level to the reason for wanting to be Mayor or a General than just you get to make a lot of friends along the way!

Where do I get this, I wouldn't mind trying it out!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 December 06, 11:01:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

if you shift click on a sim with testing cheats enabled you can spawn the sim modder - from memory it's on the second page - with that you can set the aspiration to power...  there's no icon, and I haven't played much with it to see what typical LTWs are...  I've even got no idea what typical wants are, and whether it actually works in any way at all.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 December 06, 12:28:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So Maxis has made these other Aspirations and LTWs, they've just left them hidden?  why on earth would they do something like that.  Crazy!  But thnks for the tip, I might just give it a try, and hope thet testing cheats doesn't screw my game up the way it usually does!

Zephyr Zodiac
dmchess
Corpulent Cretin

Zim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2005 December 06, 13:30:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now the have 20 simultaneous lovers is a whole different thing - you have to have 20 sims you sim is romantically involved with, and spend hours on the phone keeping those relationships above 70.
Yeah, it's a challenge!  Relationships decay so slowly, though, that I didn't find it necessary to spend hours on the phone.  My strategy once I got serious about that LTW (see for instance this story and the ones before it) was to arrange one woohoo per day with whatever lover currently had the lowest daily relationship (doubly useful because Sally generally has at least one power want to woohoo anyway), and then one session (either on the phone or in person) raising the daily with the current new-love target.  Leaving plenty of time for need-maintenance and general fun-having.  (I don't use any cheats or mods except no-age-discrimination and no-buskers, neither of which is relevant here; I use lots of elixir and of course the Love Tub (although the candles burned out long ago), and just once in awhile the Cool Shades (mostly because they look so funny!).)

One note: I don't think you actually have to keep all relationships in the 70's, although I did.  But love doesn't go away from simple neglect and relationship decays afaict; I have at least one Sim who's still in love with someone she went with in college, even though she hasn't talked to him in Sim decades, and their relationship is like down in the 40s somewhere.  There are no friendship or crush symbols in the relationships panel, but there's still that red heart.  Also it's okay if the other Sim falls out of love with the Romance Sims who has the LTW, so being caught cheating isn't really a disaster (to keep Sally in character she always stopped to make up with any lover who caught her cheating, but she didn't need to for the LTW).

fwiw,
DC
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 December 06, 14:41:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it is ok until, if their relationship goes below 70 and they talk on the phone and one of them says the wrong thing, they fall out of love immediately!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2005 December 09, 05:29:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

has anyone played with the power aspiration that is available through the sim-modder?

I tried making Komei Tellerman Power - it has no icon and he lost his aspiration points inventory thingy, but his wants re-rolled and seemed to be a combination of Knowledge and Popularity/Family (I can only remember Go Swimming and Invite Someone Over).  I changed him back to Fortune and they re-rolled again.

I suppose it could be something they've put in ready for the Business expansion, but I'm wondering if it was originally intended to be the Nightlife one.  Power and vampires go together and they may originally have planned to use it, then decided against it because it's too 'dark' and they chose to have the vampires go along a more amusing track, presumably to avoid complaints.  If so, I wish they'd stuck with it because it's far more appropriate. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 December 09, 05:31:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it's a combination of anything, I think it's basically blank so you just get generic wants only, sorta like the "Grow Up" aspiration.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 December 09, 06:45:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't seem much point to me in finding a way to use something which Maxis hasn't actually finished playing around with.  Since it's there and as you say, Ancient, may have been originally intended for NL then changed to the Business EP, no doubt it will be properly finished and available with that EP.  Just a matter of being patient for a few months.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: