More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 10:05:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Phone glitch
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Phone glitch  (Read 3086 times)
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Phone glitch
« on: 2005 November 24, 08:00:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am so happy to have the new improved phonehack.  Before this was updated, I had all the phones set to not ring.  Now I've turned the ringer back on for all my lots and have been enjoying playing with the groups feature of NL.

Except for my dorm.  I had to turn the phone off again there.  Every day the same playable sim rings (Angela Broke, nee Pleasant).  I cancel the actions in a sim queue and get the sim to answer the phone.  To get this popup message: "I see Ned isn't at home, I'll call back later" - or words to that effect.

The problem is that Ned (Nina's boy with a townie) has graduated, and has been back in the main neighbourhood for a sim-week.  He has interacted with and been on group outings with Angela.  She should know he's moved back to the home neighbourhood.

Anyone got any ideas on how to make the game realise that Ned no longer lives at the dorm, so that Angela no longer keeps calling for him. 

Failing that, I may have to give in to Angela-cidal impulses - but I've worked hard to resist those urges since the first day I played the Pleasant lot, it'd be a shame to give in now that Angela has managed to last until elderhood.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: Phone glitch
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 24, 08:47:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you actually been to his house and played him for a sim week?  If not, try playing him for a little while, that's all I can think of.  I have seen this once or twice but it just seems to 'go away'.  It's most likely that I've done something in particular to make that happen but I can't for the life of me think what it was  Undecided
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 24, 14:30:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I have been playing him back in the main 'hood.  I rotate through all my lots, playing them 1 simday at a time (or two semesters for the YAs).  Ned had graduated, returned home, hit the top of his LTW career, sowed some wild oats, and then gotten married and settled down.  I'd definitely played him.

Ned is the one Angela was calling for, however I got him confused with his cousin in my earlier post - while Angela had met Ned, I hadn't bothered to build the relationship, as she already had 30 friends.  Since I've started playing with groups this week Angela has pushed that to 40 friends - and she still wanted to be friends with Ned.  Sheesh, how many friends does that woman need!  BTW, she's family in my game, not popularity.

It's academic now, as Ned has died of starvation.  He fell asleep after some casual woohoo with his wife (I use casual woohoo because I like the random pregancy option).  Just prior to this he'd been doing some body building, so was tired and stinky.  He woke up in the middle of the night due to hunger, and I thought he was heading to the kitchen to eat.  I switched my attention to another sim, who was about to go to bed.  Silly Ned went and used the toilet AND had a shower.  By the time he got to the kitchen it was too late.  He died in front of the stove.  It was the time taken for the shower that killed him - I guess you could call it 'death by hygiene'.  I woke his wife up and sent her to plead with grimmy, but by the time she was out of bed and made it down to the kitchen it was too late.

Next up on my lot rotation is the dorm lot.  I'll turn the phone ringer back on and see if Angela wants to stalk another sim who no longer lives there - and if she does, I wonder if that sim would rather be dead than make friends with Angela  Tongue

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 24, 14:38:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could always resurrect him with the paranormal reward if you wanted. 
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 24, 14:50:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that happen today, someone rang a dorm to speak to a Sim who'd moved out (and been played) and she'd never rung for him before.  She ought to know where he is anyway, she's his auntie.  I don't know if she'll continue to ring but I'll check next time I'm in there.  Normally this sort of thing only happens when they ring for dead Sims who are still flagged as living on the lot. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 24, 15:12:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could always resurrect him with the paranormal reward if you wanted. 

Nah, dead is dead.

While I do use that reward in other neighbourhoods I play, Pleasantview is the most 'realistic' of my neighbourhoods.  None of my Pleasantview sims have been vamped so far, they don't have any cowplants or the resurrection hotline, and none of my Pleasantview lots have the expensive telescope.

Besides, if he's stupid enough to take a shower when he's about to stave to death then he's stupider than most sims and I definitely don't want to breed from him.  He must have inherited the stupidity gene from his townie father.

Quote from: Ancient Sim
Normally this sort of thing only happens when they ring for dead Sims who are still flagged as living on the lot. 

Hmm ... you may be onto something here.  I have Inge's teleporter plus shrub in my game.  I've noticed that my sims appear on the shrub in the 'clear off' menu after the taxi has taken them off to uni or taken them back to the main 'hood.  I now routinely check the shrub after I get the message that the sim can be found in the bin in the other 'hood, and clear them off.  In Ned's case, he was the only playable sim in the dorm when he graduated so I couldn't use the shrub to clear him off post-graduation.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: