More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 19:41:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Custom Clothing - Two Tone Sheer Tie Bikini - NWS
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Custom Clothing - Two Tone Sheer Tie Bikini - NWS  (Read 24073 times)
Hanlon Razor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Custom Clothing - Two Tone Sheer Tie Bikini - NWS
« on: 2009 June 19, 16:37:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The edges on these look a bit jaggy with the default solid colors, my recommendation is to change the straps to a abstract/themed/geometric pattern for a much better look. Then take one of the solid colors from that pattern and use that for the sheer panels. Best results happen with pale colors, so if your color is out at the edge of the wheel, drag it back towards the center.

One other note: The panels can be made even more sheer, but then they are unclickable and you cant drag CAS patterns or colors onto them, so it becomes a real pain aiming for the thin straps. I personally like them as they are, it's more tease than sleaze. Not that breasts are sleazy. You know what I mean.

Best used with HP's better skins mod. http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=343769&c=1

As always, put them where all good mods go, or use the Monkey tool. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=344611

These are new CAS parts, do not overwrite any default parts, and do not alter any default parts. They DO have dependencies on default parts, so make sure you don't bung up the defaults. If this should ever become an issue, I can make complete packages but the size will balloon and we don't want that.

YA/A F Top and Bottom Sleepwear and Swimwear.

* af_BikiniTie_Thong_TwoToneSheer151_HanlonRazor.rar (56.84 KB - downloaded 5271 times.)
tryguy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Custom Clothing - Two Tone Sheer Tie Bikini - NWS
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 19, 17:18:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow! I never expected these kinds of nice clothes to appear so soon!! I really like them, and I'm just about to go try (playing). I look forward to seeing your tute, but for now, I'll content myself...  Wink

Thanks! You've done really well. Proud of you!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 19, 21:58:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One other note: The panels can be made even more sheer, but then they are unclickable and you cant drag CAS patterns or colors onto them, so it becomes a real pain aiming for the thin straps. I personally like them as they are, it's more tease than sleaze. Not that breasts are sleazy. You know what I mean.
You can't use the specific boxes on the sidepanel?

These are new CAS parts, do not overwrite any default parts, and do not alter any default parts. They DO have dependencies on default parts, so make sure you don't bung up the defaults. If this should ever become an issue, I can make complete packages but the size will balloon and we don't want that.
If the size balloons, you can't put 'em here anymore, because 640K is all anyone should ever need.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Hanlon Razor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 19, 22:28:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can use the boxes on the side panel. The problem happens when you get the bottom just right and you want to drag the tearaway strip (or even a single pattern/color) to the top and the only place you can land it on is the straps. Makes for finicky mousing.

Even if the size balloons, the textures are vast wastelands of single colors so they compress insanely well. Mediafire is Plan B for more than 640k.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 19, 23:15:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can use the boxes on the side panel. The problem happens when you get the bottom just right and you want to drag the tearaway strip (or even a single pattern/color) to the top and the only place you can land it on is the straps. Makes for finicky mousing.
...you can drag the boxes on top of each other on the side panel, too.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Hanlon Razor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 19, 23:27:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let me try to rephrase my example. The bottoms are currently selected and exactly how the user wants them, nice and colorful. The top is plain white. User then wants the top to be the exact same style as the bottom. User can grab the whole strip and drag to the top, or they can drag one box at a time to the top and get the choose which to replace box. Regardless, when dragging in this way, a small landing area is not a good thing.

While it is possible to drag to the individual boxes in the panel, that is only good to edit your currently selected part. If you can show me a way to drag a pattern/color from the bottom to the top without having to drag it over the top, I would like to see that.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 20, 00:59:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Save it as a custom swatch and reapply?

Hanlon Razor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 20, 01:06:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but in our example it's at least 10 extra mouse clicks plus waiting for the swatches to load when you select a category.
Shazaam
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 20, 14:37:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A very wonderful and sexy bikini! Thanks.

I thought we can't make a transparent undies or bikini, or even modify the CAST texture zone. But you proof it can.

Delphy release the CTU, but I'm still fail to import some of my favorites undies and bikini from TS2. I stuck at the alpha and CAST.

Can you share a tutorial how you make a 2 tone sheer bikini to us?
fluxdragon
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 30, 01:34:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If someone can indicate how to do this with non skin tight clothing, such as skirts, this would be even sweeter. Because as you would expect due to the mesh, clearing parts of the alpha channel still leaves the big skin toned bell shape on the skirt. I TRIED to use the tutorial for meshing to correct and get rid of, but sadly the skirt like meshes i found in the massive list of alphanumeric stuff in the packages come with legs, and with my limited vertext skills, moving the skirt moves the legs and makes midgets or NBA players. I don't know how to seperate legs or reshape, just drag around vertex points. I'm sure there is a better way of doing it or a better mesh to mod. I thought in sims2 if you got the mask AND multiplier correct, the mesh wouldnt show up like that but all i get is big skin colored clothing Cheesy Any tips from the pros? I've mastered every other tutorial around and am ready to get back into my modding. Been out since sims2 and i was getting pretty good.

Thanks to EVERYONE for their hard work on this.
awrevell
Blathering Buffoon

Old School Charm

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 30, 03:50:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If someone can indicate how to do this with non skin tight clothing, such as skirts, this would be even sweeter. Because as you would expect due to the mesh, clearing parts of the alpha channel still leaves the big skin toned bell shape on the skirt. I TRIED to use the tutorial for meshing to correct and get rid of, but sadly the skirt like meshes i found in the massive list of alphanumeric stuff in the packages come with legs, and with my limited vertext skills, moving the skirt moves the legs and makes midgets or NBA players. I don't know how to seperate legs or reshape, just drag around vertex points. I'm sure there is a better way of doing it or a better mesh to mod. I thought in sims2 if you got the mask AND multiplier correct, the mesh wouldnt show up like that but all i get is big skin colored clothing Cheesy Any tips from the pros? I've mastered every other tutorial around and am ready to get back into my modding. Been out since sims2 and i was getting pretty good.

Thanks to EVERYONE for their hard work on this.

All skirt meshes come with legs, not just the ones you found.  There are shoe meshes, hair meshes, face meshes, lower body meshes (minus feet), upper body meshes (minus head) and full body meshes (minus the head and feet).  If you want to alter a skirt to be longer or shorter you have to alter the legs as well to make them the right shape below the skirt.  If you don't have the skill now, keep working on it.  Eventually, you will either learn how to do it or learn that you don't have the patience.  Either way you will have learned something important.

C++ is designed to allow you to express ideas, but if you don't have ideas, or don't have any clue about how to express them, C++ doesn't offer much help.  - Bjarne Stroustrup
fluxdragon
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 30, 04:43:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, I started to notice this to be true as i progressed, wouldn't know enough to mod the legs, but I'm sure someone will crank some tiny skirts out before I master it! If not I can always cut up some clothing that is tight to the body, I'm trying to create a 80's style girl rock band for my project and throw them together in a house for mass chaos. Thanks again for confirming what I was noticing! Happy simming!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: