More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 06:46:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Litter
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Litter  (Read 6607 times)
FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
Litter
« on: 2009 June 16, 16:09:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Due to the traits of some of my Unsanctioned Spawn, Sunset Valley is an unholy mess.

I've tried deleting the plates through inventory and with moveobjects in Buy/Build mode through Edit Town, but the only thing that works is to have a sim physically collect the rotting plates.  It was much faster to just bulldoze and replace Central Park with a library copy.  Still, there is garbage in inaccessible places like alleys and at lakeside that can't be collected by sim nor hand of God.  How do I clean it up?
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Litter
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 16, 16:19:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have Awesomemod installed?  I had this problem (community lots not resetting every day) between builds but the latest one appears to have fixed it.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 16, 16:20:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, thanks.  I've just installed today's flavor and will give it a try.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 16, 16:29:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15185.msg443108.html#msg443108

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 17, 20:08:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like an awesome way to get a Sim killed by flies (if it is still in).  My lots looked like this too before the latest updated awesomemod.  Now it's back to a clean park.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 18, 20:27:48 by slymenstra » Logged
Ashkitty
Blathering Buffoon

Now with Less Mania!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 17, 23:18:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Originally I saw this, and thought to myself, "Hey, that's not so bad..."

THEN I came back and saw all the plates hovering near the garbage. Ouch. :p

My park stays pretty clean, and I visit often. Do you think the mess is compiled by a bunch of sims with slob/dirty/whatnot trait combos? Or lack of neat sims? Or just bad pathing...

Cutlass kitty demands treasure! Yaarrr!
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 18, 06:21:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you think the mess is compiled by a bunch of sims with slob/dirty/whatnot trait combos? Or lack of neat sims? Or just bad pathing...

It was a bug.  Community lots are set to "reset" at 3am every day - all garbage gets deleted, any stolen furniture has a chance of being replaced.  The bug was making it so that the resets weren't happening.

Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 19, 21:08:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you think the mess is compiled by a bunch of sims with slob/dirty/whatnot trait combos? Or lack of neat sims? Or just bad pathing...

It was a bug.  Community lots are set to "reset" at 3am every day - all garbage gets deleted, any stolen furniture has a chance of being replaced.  The bug was making it so that the resets weren't happening.

I was wondering if my klepto was permanently defiling my community lots.  Good to know.  I assume that non-played houses might get their stuff back as well, right?
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 19, 21:15:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So stolen stuff actually comes back?  I thought it was gone for good it sure looked that way.
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 19, 21:47:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So stolen stuff actually comes back?  I thought it was gone for good it sure looked that way.

Stolen stuff can come back on community lots, yes.  There's a park in Sunset Valley where there are a few chess tables.  I had one of my kleptos swipe one of the chairs and a few days later, it was back.  I think at every reset, there is a chance of swiped goods being replaced.  I do not know whether goods stolen from other Sims are ever replaced though - perhaps that can only be accomplished via "Return stolen item..." on the mailbox?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: