More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 19:26:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Throw Party on Community Lot?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Throw Party on Community Lot?  (Read 5746 times)
Braveheart
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Throw Party on Community Lot?
« on: 2005 November 16, 02:14:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there the possibilty of someone doing a hack that would allow for a party on a community lot? When someone gets to a community lot they could use their cell phone to 'throw a party' and invite their friends to come. It would be great for community lot weddings.

Also wondered if anyone has managed to 'enable' buy mode on community lots?   Thanks
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Throw Party on Community Lot?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 16, 02:17:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also wondered if anyone has managed to 'enable' buy mode on community lots?   Thanks

Yep, you can just do boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false for that.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 16, 02:19:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just remember that none of the changes will be saved. As soon as the sims leave, the lot is reset.

Except for the money you spent. That's gone.  Cheesy

Fail.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 16, 02:20:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Also wondered if anyone has managed to 'enable' buy mode on community lots?   Thanks"

I don't know if this would even be possible since when a Sim visit a community lots the lot itself is never save so I don't think you would be able to save the changes you would made on that lot anyway.

If you have Nightlife you could make an outing of the Sims you want, they will all join you there so you could have kind of a party there, intead of having the party scenario it will be the outing scenario instead.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 16, 02:30:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just remember that none of the changes will be saved. As soon as the sims leave, the lot is reset.

Except for the money you spent. That's gone.  Cheesy

There's a way to force a save too, if you do changelotzoning residential. The thing with that is though, when I tried to change it back to community, I had issues and the sims couldn't leave. But you can leave it as residential and they'll go home as normal back to their house. Then once you save their house and go back into neighborhood mode you can go back into that community lot in build mode and then just change it back to community and save and exit.

Kind of a pain I know, but it helps loads when you are placing items with snapobjectstogrid off and trying to see if the sims can actually use them. Tongue

As for the lost money, I ain't go no problems cheating it back to them.  Grin

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 16, 02:33:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use it mostly when something on a lot becomes glitched. Or when I've accidentally forgotten to add some small item to the lot, like the Mind Control Mirror, and it isn't worth it to take the sims back home just to fix that one small thing.

Fail.
KLGFCG
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 16, 03:23:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's already a hack on MTS2 for community parties (I *think* it's by Monique... do a search for "community party" and you should find it or I'll dig it out when I have more time). For me, it does reset the number of guests I can invite to 2 (I can invite 8 on residential lots) but if you also have Inge's teleporter, you can remedy that quick enough.  Otherwise, everything seems to function the same as on a residential lot though I've pretty much only used it for wedding parties (I got damn sick of redecorating everytime somebody wanted to get hitched... now they can go to the ready-decorated church, park, or courthouse). ~KG
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 16, 03:57:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's already a hack on MTS2 for community parties (I *think* it's by Monique... do a search for "community party" and you should find it or I'll dig it out when I have more time). For me, it does reset the number of guests I can invite to 2 (I can invite 8 on residential lots) but if you also have Inge's teleporter, you can remedy that quick enough.  Otherwise, everything seems to function the same as on a residential lot though I've pretty much only used it for wedding parties (I got damn sick of redecorating everytime somebody wanted to get hitched... now they can go to the ready-decorated church, park, or courthouse). ~KG

I think you mean this one: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=84605

Fail.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 16, 04:37:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Supposedly, it doesn't work with NL. I know prior to NL you could do this even without that hack by just placing a regular telephone on a lot which you could do with either a residential collection, or by temporarily changing the lot zoning to residential. Since NL that doesn't seem to work anymore and apparently neither does that hack.

KLGFCG
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 16, 04:46:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm... I have NL and it works fine for me. I didn't use it before so I don't know if it was supposed to do something else, but if my sim has a cell phone or I've placed a residential phone (from the community motel collection) on the community lot, I get the option to throw a party, just like at home. As I said, it only gives me the option to invite two guests but that's get aroundable. Now you've got me worried... I'm off to give it a try with testingcheats on and see if it throws up errors that may herald the coming of a BFBOFVFOS. ~KG
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 16, 04:51:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I was only going on what people said in that thread on MTS2. It seems several people have claimed it doesn't work with NL. *shrug* Then again, I haven't tried it personally and that bunch there aren't always the brightest bulbs on the block either. Wink

Braveheart
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 16, 04:51:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had no idea this cheat work on all com lots to enable buy mode. This is great! Thanks Motoki. Is there any way to get this cheat to work in a startup.cheat file? Doesn't seem to.

Unfortunately the 'party on community lots' by Cathair does not work for Nightlife and there doesn't seem to be plans for an update. Maybe someone else might consider a hack like it.

As for 'saving' on a community lots, I realize it doesn't save, all I needed was access to a hacked object that I wanted. Now with Motoki's advice on the boolprop cheat I have all I need though a 'party' hack would still be nice.

Thanks for all the help. Cheers!
KLGFCG
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 16, 05:34:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, now this is weird, because I definitely have NL and Cathair's (Cathair, Monique... they almost sound alike if you're completely wrong... whoops  Tongue) hack is working for me. I just sent my tester sim to the community pool and had her throw a houseparty via cell phone. The guests showed up, ate with her, the party score showed throughout, and my sim got a memory of a great party. Now, when I wasn't interacting with the two invited guests, they left about two hours before the party ended (no apparent motive failure-- they just wandered away). The party timer continued, however, and I still got a good score... apparently, the game treated everyone on the community lot as guests and so my sim didn't lose points for all her guests abandoning her. I had testingcheatsenabled and it didn't throw any errors. I even did it twice to make sure. The guests leaving thing is probably a glitch but if you invite a couple people you don't care too much about and teleport in those you actually want to stay, the party should progress. In the past, I've done community lot wedding parties and they go well also. For successful parties, the limo shows up, they go off, then come back to the community lot-- from there, I send them home either via taxi or car (however they came). For weddings, I do make sure that the couple lives together before heading off for their community wedding so they return to the same home after it's done, but otherwise, it goes fine. I've never tried a community birthday party and would probably be wary of it given that sims aren't supposed to age on community lots and I've never done a community sports party because, well, I've never done a household sports party but I'd think it'd be like a houseparty. Whew, that was an ungodly long post BUT the point is, Cathair's hack is working for me in the ways that it counts. ~KG
Braveheart
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 16, 06:37:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That does count KLGFCG, thanks for the input. I think I may do a NH backup and try it out. No harm in trying if I make sure my hood is backed up.

« Last Edit: 2005 November 17, 04:56:14 by Braveheart » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: