More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 11:05:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Problems With Freestyling
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Problems With Freestyling  (Read 2924 times)
SausageMahoney
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Problems With Freestyling
« on: 2009 February 18, 06:49:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi there,

This is probably a normal game behavior that I haven't noticed before, but no one else seems to be having this problem so thought I'd ask. I was really hoping to start a new family and have this guy get through life on freestyling tips alone, but everywhere I go I fail to generate said tips.
I looked around and discovered I needed charisma. Okay, so I brought him home and earned about 5 charisma points then went out to try again, and got pretty much the same reaction. People *do* stop and listen to him, but just to dance, never to tip. The two tips I got were a mere five dollars each. Still, even when I attracted more than half of the people on the lot, they all just danced and gained positive relationship with my sim. I read where it helps to be on an empty community lot with no distractions, and I will try this, but since I've been able to attract a decent amount of sims so far (that's not the problem) I'm not sure it'll help. They'll probably just keep queuing up to dance and gain relationship points.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Or is this a bug I could have brought on myself?
Just so everyone knows, the only hacks I usually download are JM's fixes but I do believe I have twojeffs' Sim Blender.

Thanks in advance.
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Problems With Freestyling
« Reply #1 on: 2009 February 18, 07:40:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although it's *possible* you have a hack conflict, in my experience, freestyling for tips is simply lame. Performing music for tips is better, but not by a whole lot.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 February 18, 10:15:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Much like in real life, this is no way to become wealthy, so unsurprisingly, you might barely manage to survive doing it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 February 18, 14:59:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How is he on creativity?  That always seemed a necessary trait for my freestylin' sims.  Just recently I had a fortune teen who was maxed in creativity and had a want to make $100.  She was on a community lot, so I had her freestyle for a minute (seriously, I'm sure it wasn't more than 60 seconds) and she earned $500.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
SausageMahoney
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 February 18, 16:10:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks everyone. I figured it was just a lousy way to make money, but I will try getting him some creativity just as an experiment (since I'm curious to see if it'll work). If not, he can make better money as a bartender or barista anyway.

Thanks again,

--SM
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: