More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 06:44:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Cliffs in Lot view?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Cliffs in Lot view?  (Read 24519 times)
rosess
Dimwitted Dunce

I caught you a deelishus bass

View Profile
Re: Cliffs in Lot view?
« Reply #25 on: 2009 February 11, 17:25:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

rosess: I checked GoS and the sky mod you talkted about. Unfortunately there were no pictures. Otherwise, thanks for the tips. *goes on a downloading spree*
Drat, they were still there when I linked, unless I was seeing cached images.  As one would expect from GOS, the selections are darker and more dramatic than the original, though there are a couple of blue skies, too. 
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 February 12, 02:36:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I think I tracked it down to Nightlife.I looked at old uploads to MTS2, and found these pics.

This picture clearly has clouds, and was of the game with UNI:

While this was with NL:

As you can see, the clouds didn't appear anymore with NL, and might link back to that wall.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Quinctia
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2009 February 13, 05:06:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It has to be post-NL.

I first started playing on a laptop that barely had a video card.  So I was running just Uni/NL for awhile.  When I got my new laptop, I played a very short while under that configuration, and then I installed Seasons.

I have a few shots then running under Uni/NL.  It was actually these shots that made me realize I used to see stars under a shorter draw distance than I do now with Seasons.  And it's not my video card gimping out with Seasons.  My current video card exceeds all the requirements for all the EPs, I have smooth edges and the ability to see fish, etc.

These shots aren't awesome, as I wasn't trying to get the sky, but they're decent evidence.

Night sky with stars and clouds, moar night clouds 1, moar night clouds 2, and daytime clouds where the distance is definitely set to medium.

Contrast with:
Daytime shot under Seasons with medium draw distance that would have definitely had had clouds before, Daytime, XL distance, empty sky, Ditto, and night sky with XL distance--I can't prove it, but I think the stars are appearing in a higher, smaller radius in the skybox.

I think that if I hadn't had installed ceilings and ended up making my interior shots much better, I would've noticed this earlier.
craziej
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 February 13, 09:39:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't prove it, but I think the stars are appearing in a higher, smaller radius in the skybox.
I've noticed this as well
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 February 13, 22:14:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The big question now, is how do you fix it? Knowing EA, something was probably changed for no reason. I know if you look up during any season/weather the sky above matches the sky below, so what is the point of this shrunken sky view? Did they think peoples comps would lag too much if they could see the sky?

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 February 13, 22:50:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think they decided to change it, because nowhere on earth has orange skies.

I think the pic looks like twilight in certain places I've lived. Sadly, my night sky is often orange when it is overcast, because of the reflection of the city lights on the cloud cover.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 February 14, 04:34:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, mine is very heavily red-orange tinted. I live in the city, now in a very congested area. The sunsets and sunrises are fantastic, though.

I still get stars in my game, but the daytime sky is featureless. I have all options at maximum. You can see the stars here. Camera is on the ground level looking through two layers of windows.

Daytime: a whole load of nothing:

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 February 14, 14:26:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know, I get stars too, but they used to be lower in the sky, so you could see them without using tab. Same with the sun, and moon.

Also, now that you mention it, my skies are orange at night. I live right near Boston, but I was actually referring to Daytime orange skies, which are found on Mars, but not Earth.

Anyways, there must be some way to fix it.
« Last Edit: 2009 February 15, 13:40:17 by parrot » Logged

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 February 16, 07:24:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An orange sunset for Parrot, although he doesn't really deserve it because he's being a bit of a dork at the moment. It's not as good as the one last week but it's quite nice.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Pandaah
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 February 16, 10:13:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow Shocked We need absolutely something like this for the game.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 February 16, 16:23:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's very pretty. I wish my sunsets looked like that. The colors are more horizontal, and not vertical like that where I live.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 February 16, 17:02:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Poofs is a New Zealander. You know how backwards they are.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 February 16, 21:25:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're not backwards. They're apparently at a 90-degree angle.

Fail.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 February 17, 02:19:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So anyway, there still doesn't seem to be any suggestions on how to fix this. There must be some way. If anyone has any suggestions, I would be more than happy to listen to them.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 February 17, 04:45:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're not backwards. They're apparently at a 90-degree angle.

Oi, oi, we're akshully upside down at 180o last I heard.  Tongue

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009 February 17, 17:12:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know how relevant this is now, parrot, but it is possible to stop objects such as stairs and elevators and trees fading away by editing the Live camera text file. At the very bottom is some text about fade distance and I just set everything to 0.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 February 17, 21:16:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know you can, but am not sure if it's safe.

Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009 February 18, 17:05:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I've been using it like that for months and haven't had any ill side effects. I would have thought something as simple as altering the fade distance should be farely safe but then again I'm not an expert like Pescado.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009 March 02, 21:15:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a picture of what happens when you can see the sun at all (ignore the common glitch that causes a second sun or moon.)

As you can clearly see, something like a wall is blocking half of the sun.
As you move forward, it gets less visible. As you move backward it gets more.

All we need to do is eliminate, or even just shorten this wall, and we may even get the clouds back.
« Last Edit: 2009 March 02, 21:36:14 by parrot » Logged

kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Cliffs in Lot view? (Evolved into seasons sky topic)
« Reply #44 on: 2009 March 03, 19:37:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Leave it to EAxis to not be able to add weather without breaking something else in the sky.

nil
Blathering Buffoon

nil is just an orphan and doesn't own anything.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009 May 18, 05:55:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shader mods 1:

[quoted from reply 17, by Quinctia]
I use this mod by niol for my pond water, and I think it really improves the pond water in my game.

Niol also made a mod for the neighborhood water which looks great in neighborhood view, but looks strangely transparent in lot view and, as I've got a whole custom hood built with the sea as part of the deco in the background or on flooded lots, that was not going to work for me at all, so I removed it.  I'd be really happy with a mod that had a similar effect as the pond water one when it came to hood water in lot view.
[quote ended]

The mod is simply to turn the terrain water into swim-pool water, and it happened that structures of the two were close enough for such a simple tweak.  It takes a swim-pool block in the lot to activate the mirror-reflection in EP5 or later.  There's no tweak made to add in the EP5-based PS2 shader to the earlier swim-pools in the earlier game versions, for I worried I'd get sued.  I regretted I didn't release more variants as I was very busy with RL.

As for the neighbourhood mods, the thing is that the in-lot beach/ocean/sea is yet another shader which I didn't touch much for the fast release of the EP 6 version to ensure the neighbourhood view will be OK at least.  I couldn't catch up as I was deadly busy with RL.
The mod will only affect how the TS2 rendering engine presents the graphics according to the hardwares of the users and shouldn't affect any data saved in the custom folder.  Should it do, blame Eaxis, Tongue

Your suggestion may be possibly easy to make, but I'll have to be able to open simpe in the first place.  I'm in no condition to test such altered source presently.  Or, finding someone to incorporate the altered source into a shader mod is necessary.

Shader mods 2:

[quoted from reply 20, by Feckless Fool] Does anyone here use Niol's pond water mod with M&G?

Shaders are unlikely altered for SP but EP in a general sense so far up to AL EP8 to my knowledge, so shader mods are unlikely to be affected by new SP, yet a confirmation on whether new SP folder or its subdirectories has an over-riding shader material.package file is good to know.

skybox textures and textures of  suns and moons, stars

There're all in the 3D folder, may use simpe to search them out with keystrings like "sun", "star", "moon", "skybox", "day", "night", etc...  My memories about them start to fade... Tongue

That'll be just for graphical replacements as global mods.

Camera settings and draw distance:

Seeking out the draw distance settings in scripts may be a way to manipulate.  I've too far from reaching my game copy presently to tell exactly.  It may be in the config and camera folders and the like from both the custom and the game programme folders.

At least some settings are related to object-drawing dependent on how close it's from the camera.

Stop staring at me, stop following me, stop stalking me, stop spying on me, stop petting me, stop touching me, stop pressuring on me, STOP!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: