More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 10:47:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  EAxis House of Phail: Feb 09
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EAxis House of Phail: Feb 09  (Read 164501 times)
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
Re: EAxis House of Phail: Feb 09
« Reply #50 on: 2009 February 04, 19:26:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just fooling around with this now, and I wish the sunlight was coming from the front. Other that re-building the whole thing, does anyone know of a mod that will make the sun shine from a different direction?

Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is maybe using the lot adjuster to change what side of the lot the road is on, thus the direction of sunlight.

You are correct.  At this time, there is no way to rotate a house on a lot, so that the sun is facing in the opposite direction.  The only possibilities are to rebuild the entire lot, or to move the road on the lot (which means that the front door will no longer be at the front of the house; this may not be a problem for the house of phail).

In fact, moving the road on a lot is so simple that you can easily do it without the LotAdjuster, using only SimPE.  The only reason that you might need the LotAdjuster is to expand the lot to make room for the new road, or to shrink the lot to remove the space which contained the old road.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Bugger
Lipless Loser

off on another strange Bugger tangent...

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 February 05, 00:52:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even though I prefer larger lots, I seem to be having fun renovating this particular house.  Here is my third entry for this month.  It's based on the style of homes found in Veronaville, and I am really fond of it.  It plays well enough, but I wanted it to have a slight cramped feeling.  I tried to keep modern items (such as electronics) out of the home so that the feeling wasn't lost.  I deleted all trees except for the big one in back.  I squished in a pond and small garden, each on opposite sides of the kitchen.  The house is is three buildings, connected by decking.  If you knocked down walls and used the decking area inside of the house you would get a lot more space.  I will be recreating this house shortly, going modern.

3 bedrooms, 4.5 bathrooms, 1 spawn room/nursery, 4 fireplaces.  $92,474

Ground Level:

Second Level:

Again, all EPs except Pets (hence no fence around the front of the house) and no SPs.

10 Oak Street Redo3

<Dark_Trepie> Booty's go OHHH!. Pirate Booty's go ARRR!
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 February 05, 04:46:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am loving everyone's remodels of the house so far, and since I am particularly digging the cabin-type versions, I decided to do a cabin apartment re-do of the house. I moved one midbiscus and then that big tree in back about a square or two each, but other than that, kept all trees in the same places. The light cabin is meant for three sims and is $18324 (furnished) + $1400/wk, and the dark cabin is good for two and is $19793 (furnished) + $1124/wk. Both are wanded, of course. The light apartment has lockable kitchen/stairs, but the dark apartment doesn't. Both have all basic skilling equipment. I have all EPs and SPs.

First floor:

Second floor:

Light apartment:

Dark apartment:

Download HERE (right-click save-as).

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
Bugger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 February 05, 05:43:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because I have kept you all waiting sooooo long for this next entry, I present my latest makeover of 10 Oak Street. 

I went with a modern apartment complex, stuffing it full of stuff for the sims in the common areas.  There are a total of 6 apartments on the lot, but 3 of them will only accomodate a single bed.  All units are furnished, but there is no decor on the lot (other than some potted palms outside).  3 floors, pool, rooftop basketball and other fun items.  I tried to keep each apartment with an open floor plan so that your sim can rearrange without needing to enter cheats for knocking down walls.

Ground Level:

Second Level:

Third Level:

10 Oak Street Apartments

*I am currently play testing this lot, and will update accordingly*  There doesn't seem to be any issues with the lot, but I did go back and get rid of the mini fridge on the third floor deck and replace it with a full size fridge.  Please let me know if any problems with this lot do come up.
« Last Edit: 2009 February 05, 07:25:04 by Bliss » Logged

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2009 February 05, 07:51:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bliss, I love your lots! That apartment building is fab Smiley

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009 February 05, 14:54:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bliss is good.  That idea for the open floor plan to allow for rearranging of furniture is excellent.  I'm glad I thought of that.

Tribulatio proxima est
Minena
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009 February 05, 19:51:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Minena- have u playtested the house? Seems like one of the columns would prevent Sims from entering the front door. Yoinking anyways because I love your house, just thought you might want to know

You know, I checked that nothing was blocking the front door, but there is one column block the path TO the door. I'll fix it and thank you for bringing it to my attention.
crunk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 February 05, 20:22:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1 bedroom, 2 single beds
2 bathrooms
kitchen, stairway lockable
no nursery
hobby stuff upstairs is non-awesome

I have all eps, tss, gl, m&g, kitchen and bath

More pictures

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?m2uy2tdm05m

Eaglezero - I love that house! The balconies are great. Also, yay for tiny apartments.

Faizah - Again, balconies. It looks like some of the condos around here. I look forward to vacations now Smiley

Mistyk - another awesome vacation house, but needs moar trees. Great farm as is.

theresatv - the floating amuses me.

Quetzkotl - I like that you kept this so small. Good for the single sim.

Minena - interesting use of the uni counters. Too bad there's currently no way into the house. :p
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009 February 05, 23:43:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Faizah: 10 Cabin Woods. The rustic interior looks great but seems to be at odds with the very plain and regular exterior. IMO the house doesn't blend well with the purpose of the lot.

@mistyk: This lot carries the cosy mountain theme beautifully and fits the lots size well. I like the colours and the way the stone chimney blends with the exterior wall edgings.

@eaglezero: The exterior blue combined with those dinky little balconies makes this such a charming wee house. It's interesting how you've combined pale blues, greys and teals with dark wood floors. I wouldn't have tried that because I wouldn't expect it to work, but it does.

Cabin apartments: I do like the look of this place, particularly the way you've used different sorts of woods on the exterior but I just couldn't play a sim in that small an apartment space! This might also work well as two separate houses. The decorating variety is good though.

@Borkedforlife: I love the concept and particularly the Grim pictures. You've obviously thought hard about what went into the prison, for maximum sim humiliation and boredom. However I find the exterior to be really architecturally boring; even RL prisons usually have some sort of asymmetry or building decoration.

@theresatv: A house in the trees - literally, lol. I think this looks great, though I suspect it would be a bugger to play with camera angles. It would still work well as a vacation home, where you expect a few inconveniences.

@Isil: I found your use of space interesting, as you say, there is the balcony on every floor. This seems to make the lot look bigger than it is, as if by being wasteful of space it implies there is a lot of space to play with. I like the teals and lilacs together, in the bedrooms and the kitchen. I'm not so fussed on the deep blue lounge though!

@Bliss: Yeah, I'm kinda running out of ideas for little houses too.
House 1. You've made a good job of the country house look although I think the interior decoration is a bit bland. Maybe the download is a bit more interesting.

The Spa. I love it. This is quirky and looks like a house converted into a business. Massage room 1 has lovely colours.

Verona style house. The theme works well for me except for the diagonal wooden floors. I don't know about historical architecture but I suspect most wooden floors were straight in those times.

Modern apartment complex. I love the look and the colours. May I just add that I'm extremely jealous that you have so much time to build.

@Quetzkotl: Yep, you got the ramshackle look down pat! There are lots of country houses like that around in New Zealand. In fact, one of the makeovers I was considering was a Kiwi batch/crib - I may still do it if I get time.

@SalixTree: You tickle my whimsy.

@Minena: Oh yes, architectural interestingness! Very retro 70s, I grew up in houses like this. The theme hangs together well. Of course, your beautiful pictures don't hurt. I am upgrading my video card very shortly and you're at least partly to blame!

@crunk: Oh! Darling! Just too cute. I've been looking for something to use those windows and colours on. I like the way you've just let them highlight an otherwise drab exterior, the windows and the building bit thingy look great. The interior fits well into the theme.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
loripanori
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009 February 06, 01:34:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been on a bit of a building spree lately, so I thought I'd give this month's challenge a try.  I had forgotten how tricky it is to find matching items without using CC or maxis recolours... 

Here's what I came up with...  It has 3 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths and is fully furnished (but could use some extra decorations, such as curtains, paintings, etc.).  It runs about $79,000.  The master bedroom has a small balcony and an ensuite bathroom.  The second floor also contains two other bedrooms, and another full bathroom.  On the first floor is a living room, study/fitness area, half bath, kitchen, and dining room.  It should have everything needed for skilling.  Somewhere along the way I had two copies of this lot in my neighborhood, so it became 12 Oak St instead of 10 Oak St. 

Some Detail Shots:

You can download it here

« Last Edit: 2009 February 10, 22:36:33 by loripanori » Logged
Bugger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2009 February 06, 01:45:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@loripanori:  I like the simplicity of your layout.  I get so flustered trying to make more space in each room, that it sometimes mangles the layout a bit.  Nicely done.

Quetzkotl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: 2009 February 06, 04:25:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eaglezero, you have insane color coordination skills.  I love that dark wood and green kitchen! 
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: 2009 February 06, 08:18:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2071 Ipia Oren

Previously located at 10 Oak Street, Pleasantview, this tiny shack cozy cabin has recently been rebuilt after a fire undergone renovations and a major move! 2 Bed, 1 Bath. Room for two pests!
Dedicated encampment for tenting nestled in the signature tree setup of all Three Pine Community homes! Authentic rusty rustic swing set for the playful and old dog house mini-cabin for a furry companion! Soothe your tired muscles after arguing with bad pipes a work out in the Steam Time spa!* Swim laps in your very own Endless Pool!** Worried about elevator safety? This model is easily swapped out for spiral stairs!*** Get a small loan for this great starter now! Only §29,076! (wanded)
Added new improvements: Lightning attractant! Street light!

*Agent & seller not responsible for possible electrocution from faulty wiring while in spa.
**Any pool is legally endless, just turn around and swim back the other way. Nyah for lawsuits!
***Spiral stairs not available in all models.

Exterior

Porch

Dog Cabin

"Rustic" Yard

Rooftop "Decor" & Lightning Catcher

TentSpace

Pool Gate

Lap Pool

Interior - First Floor

First Floor Overview

Mudroom

Kitchen

Living Room

Dining Area

Interior - Second Floor

Second Floor Overview

Double/Master Bedroom

Bathroom

Single/Spare Bedroom

Download: Clickable!
EDIT: Price of lot may have changed, not sure. Darkened the space under the lattice foundation.
« Last Edit: 2009 February 06, 08:40:04 by Strangel » Logged

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2009 February 06, 08:30:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's great to see all these fantastic houses. I don't know what happened, but everyone seems to have crawled out of the woodwork with some great ideas.

Makes me wish I could play my game, so I could use them. Cry
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: 2009 February 06, 08:49:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My effort, which I am not too happy with. I dunno, I was so uninspired by this month's lot. This comes in at just under §74k furnished and you will need all EPs/SPs for this. 2 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms. No nursery. Not really awesomespec. Oh well.

Front

1st floor

2nd floor

3rd floor

Back

Download

Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: 2009 February 06, 10:07:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For not having been inspired, it looks grand!

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: 2009 February 06, 11:28:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Strangel, I think it is because there are no original features of the lot left. I might try doing another soon. Smiley

Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

- Big Cat AIDE - and proud of it!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2009 February 06, 11:54:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Emma: That house looks amazing as it is. It reminds me of playing Pleasantview way back when. Yionkable indeed!

@Strangel: I really like that entryway.  Smiley This one will do nicely in my Three lakes vacation subhood.

@loripanori: It's not often that I think I'm jealous of sims houses, but your lot made me wish I could crawl into the game. Great work!

@Bliss: Wow, you've pulled out all stops on this one! Great imlplementation of Appartment life, too. I love the modern, white one.

@Crunk: You have made a nice and homely cottage. I like the way you implemented that bay-window into the house.

- INTJ -
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: 2009 February 06, 13:02:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Tingeling & (possibly?) Alex. I ended up deciding on a contemporary-ish country cottage. I only have up to Seasons, so I didn't have the tent, spiral stairs, and the like to put up, but I figured I could make a setup that would be forward-planned. Personally, I'm still snickering about the exterior. I wiped everything, painted all the "must stay" walls flaming red, and started hunting a dog house, as I'd planned on it being a "man and his dog" type setup. When I picked out THAT dog house, I decided the whole exterior would be based around it. lol
I thought it'd make an excellent summer home, what with the small size and agreeable price. The single bedroom could be easily altered for a spawn pen and the pet items aren't overpowering. I did my best to make the upper floor presentable, but by the time I'd reached that level, I was done with working on it and was eager to get it tested and posted.
Husband got a laugh out of the real estate listing description. We've been house bunker hunting for a couple years and we've seen plenty of "cozy" places, "first home jewels" and "moderately priced" "perfect starter-uppers". AND.. I've got my second finished. Took all my pictures, shut down Sims, and went to my Screenshots folder. Empty. I'd forgotten to reset my damned Gadwin after shutting it down! Bah. So, that'll have to wait.

Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2009 February 06, 18:07:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An attempt at creating a modern, city house. I have all expansion packs and stuff packs, except Glamour Life Stuff. The lot has been cleaned and costs 126 792 simoleons. The top floor can be converted into another bedroom as the family grows. On to the pic's:

Front

Back

First floor

Second floor

Top floor

Hall and Dining

Living room

Kitchen

Babby room

Main bedroom

Download

- INTJ -
originalhalf
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2009 February 06, 19:43:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooh! Someone else's interpretation of modern!  Yoinks!

*slips Tingeling an unauthorized cookie

High Priestess of The Way of the Son of Perdition
Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2009 February 06, 21:13:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made another house, old style this time around. All stuff packs but Glamour Life and all expansion packs. This one costs 104,475 simoleons. Enjoy!

Front

Back

First floor

Second floor

Kitchen

Entry, dining and living

Babby room

Main bedroom

Childrens room

Download

- INTJ -
twooflower
Exasperating Eyesore

INTJ and/or P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: 2009 February 06, 21:38:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I built this cottage with the restriction of not moving trees or shrubs, which was a challenge.  I plan to use it as a vacation home in the Mountain vacation area.

Front

Back

Second Floor

First Floor

Master Bedroom

Kitchen

Bedroom

Living Room

Details:
§47,993
Cleaned lot with Clean Installer
No CC
2 bedrooms
1 bathroom
Kitchen and upstairs are protected from wandering guests
Lot is stray-proof

Requires all EPs and Mansion & Garden, plus I also have Family Fun and Celebration installed.

* 10 Oak Street - twoflower.rar (563.04 KB - downloaded 407 times.)

SalixTree
Emma Torturer
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: 2009 February 07, 16:34:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twoflower, I love your one, although I'll probably paint the exterior green. Wink Cause I like color.

Here's mine: Oak Street Playhouse
I have all expansions and M&G

download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mgtxnmwzndc

slideshow:

We like to save the trees, so we kept all the trees, and grew a few more too!

Salix and her pixie friends are going to show you around

This is the playground. We think grownups should be able to play too, so we put a special "let grownups play" package in with the zip. You can use it or not, whatever you wish.

A swimming pool for summer fun. And it should always be summer, so you can always have fun

Balconies for painting and chatting and growing plants

A lookout tower for spying on Mortimer's graveyard

I don't know why this is called a sitting room, cause you can jump here too

Mish makes lunch for us in the kitchen

Some old people came to visit from down the street. The old man tried to talk us out of recycling. White wolf growled, and Salix wasn't impressed

Viola likes to make toys

All the playing makes little faeries tired

Time to dance. Here comes that old guy again, let's ignore him

Night time, sleep in the garden, cause it's always summer here.

Teddies have a midnight snack

why be normal?
Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2009 February 07, 16:42:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Salixtree: That reminds me of my childhood! Lots of bears and lively colors. I like it! The balconies looks interesting. I would never use those colors in a sims house, but they're just right on that lot.

- INTJ -
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: