More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:25:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is my Strangetown strange?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is my Strangetown strange?  (Read 8254 times)
loripanori
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Is my Strangetown strange?
« on: 2008 October 23, 04:11:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so I've never played Strangetown before...  I did a reinstall recently, and decided to try making my own mega neighborhood using the empty/cleaned up templates, and with pleasantview as the main neighborhood, and strangetown, veronaville, and riverblossom hills added as downtowns.  The pleasantview I used was completely empty, but the others were cleaned/fixed with all of the maxis playables still there.  Anyway, over in Strangetown I was playing the house with the Curious boys, and Pascal Curious had his baby, and the birth had all of the weird alien animations and everything, but the baby looked like a normal human baby...  Is this weird?  Should the baby always be an alien, or is there a chance that it will be a human?  Also, I just checked the baby's family tree and he has a mom listed, someone named "danielle greaves", who also does not look like an alien.  Just a totally normal looking girl that I don't think I've ever seen before in the game.  Whatup wit dat?     
SickPuppy
Asinine Airhead

On the Lamb and Holed Up

View Profile
Re: Is my Strangetown strange?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 23, 05:05:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it would be cool if divergent skin tones would morph together on babies instead of the lame and unrealistic A or B system. EAxis will spend ridiculous amounts of time on content nobody wants(How many sims have you played that wear a deep-sea diving helmet ?) and totally ignore opportunities for innovative creativity...

/rant

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 23, 05:13:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway, over in Strangetown I was playing the house with the Curious boys, and Pascal Curious had his baby, and the birth had all of the weird alien animations and everything, but the baby looked like a normal human baby...  Is this weird?  Should the baby always be an alien, or is there a chance that it will be a human?  Also, I just checked the baby's family tree and he has a mom listed, someone named "danielle greaves", who also does not look like an alien.  Just a totally normal looking girl that I don't think I've ever seen before in the game.  Whatup wit dat?
Trying "megamerge hoods" results in invalid pregnancy tokens. The "father" NID will be the same as in the old neighborhood, but that NID may correspond to an entirely different sim, or no sim at all, in your "new" neighborhood. This is the source of the Ottomas borkedness and why Pascal becomes corrupt if moved before he spawns. Don't do it!

Yeah, it would be cool if divergent skin tones would morph together on babies instead of the lame and unrealistic A or B system.
And it would have been easy to do, too, to just alpha-blend the two skintones together in arbitrary proportion, resulting in ANYthing, between A or B, even if it does not correspond to A or B.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
loripanori
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 23, 06:00:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aaah!  I was not aware of this...  What should I do with the corrupt Pascal and his baby?  And does this mean his baby mama is hanging out in my neighborhood somewhere?
ETA:  Nevermind, just checked SimPE and she's dead...  she has no relations or memories except the "I am dead" and "had baby" memories...  so I'm guessing the game created her to fill the unknown parent role when the baby was born?    

Also, is there a way to avoid this corruption/borkedness when making a merged neighborhood?  I followed the tutorial and used the empty/cleaned-up templates posted over in the Peasantry and everything seemed to go swimmingly until this...  are there extra steps you have to take to fix Pascal and the Ottomans when using the templates that have the maxis playables in them?  Or do you just have to avoid playing those two families in a merged hood? 
« Last Edit: 2008 October 23, 06:14:55 by loripanori » Logged
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 23, 10:30:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA:  Nevermind, just checked SimPE and she's dead...  she has no relations or memories except the "I am dead" and "had baby" memories...  so I'm guessing the game created her to fill the unknown parent role when the baby was born?     

I believe Danielle Greaves is one of the ghosts on the Specter lot.  Her character file (like most of the ghosts there) is incomplete, so I wouldn't try to resurrect her.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 October 23, 10:44:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aaah!  I was not aware of this...  What should I do with the corrupt Pascal and his baby?
Deleted 2: Electric Boogaloo!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 October 23, 22:29:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...but the baby looked like a normal human baby...  Is this weird?  Should the baby always be an alien, or is there a chance that it will be a human?
i believe the way it works is that since the aliens are homozygous their coloring will be dominant no matter what unless the skin is an ungenetisized(sp?) custom one. you should look into this thread http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,1423.0.html that will explain the weirdness involved with strangetown premade characters. this also leads to babies not having the right skintones.

Also, I just checked the baby's family tree and he has a mom listed, someone named "danielle greaves", who also does not look like an alien.  Just a totally normal looking girl that I don't think I've ever seen before in the game.
technically, pascal would be the "mom" in that tree. also,kyna is correct. danielle is a pizza delivery driver planted in olives' garden.

on a similar topic. is it a bad thing to back up his pregnancy to before the first bump? i did that, aborted and then reimpregnated him in order to utilize my pt replacement.

opportunity may knock once, but temptation will bang on your door forever.
infj
those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 October 24, 02:37:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before the Ottoman's were fixed, I would make her not pregnant by InSIM and then I would make her pregnant again and advance the preganany to second trimester.  Couldn't you do the same thing with Pascal and choose Alien pregnancy.  I have found a lot of problems with empty templates, but with the right tools I have been able to fix all of them so far.  The hood is so big that I don't think my computer could take much more than a few generations anyways. 
aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 October 24, 04:30:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i don't use insim though. looking at its instructions makes me go cross eyed. i was just wondering because that's what i had done in lieu of using inteen* after installing al. i just can't stand that kid if it has no nose.

*before i get "the picture" for that, i do not kill kittens. i save it for my young adults. not much better, but they're of consenting age.

infj
loripanori
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 October 24, 05:29:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't use Insim either... I actually don't know much about it.  For some reason I have it in my head that Insim is bad news, but I think that's actually Inteen...  something about killing kittens and tight pants?  ha.

I don't suppose there's anyway I could save Pascal and his baby at this point...?  Through some SimPE magic perhaps?  Or are they pretty much destined for deletion?  I don't particularly care for the baby with the ghost for a mother, but I'd rather not delete Pascal if I didn't have to. 
aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 October 25, 16:50:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

maybe you could just deleted2 the baby and try again. after wiping the corrupted memories from the smith and curious families, wouldn't it be like the sim had never been born? i suppose you could do it with sim surgery, but i'm not sure what all that would entail with this particular situation.

infj
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 October 25, 17:33:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hold on... deleting a sim who has family bindings wasn't a bad thing?
Is it correct deleting first family ties in SimPE and only then perform the bogaloo?

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 October 26, 13:36:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Current version of Lot Debugger automatically purges those for you, so you can Boogaloo them just like anyone else.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: