More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 21:37:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  CS Hot Tub - Solved!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: CS Hot Tub - Solved!  (Read 7155 times)
Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
CS Hot Tub - Solved!
« on: 2008 August 14, 20:40:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I extracted this object. It shows up in the game but it cannot be selected. Sims cannot "Get In" to the hot tub! I'm going nuts with this package. Please I need help from someone more awesome than me!

Here is Broken Tub.

Thanks to everyone who helped! This two objects are now fixed.

09/18/08 I fixed the wedding arch and got it to work. Download here.
09/30/08 Fixed the tub and got it to work. Download here.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 31, 00:43:53 by Richief » Logged
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: CS Wedding Arh and Hot Tub - Help Needed!
« Reply #1 on: 2008 August 14, 20:56:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damn, I thought you misspelt "Wedding Arrrrr!" and got excited for a moment.
KLGFCG
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: CS Hot Tub - Help Needed!
« Reply #2 on: 2008 August 28, 09:11:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Above ground custom hot tubs are borked. I've only ever seen one custom one that worked right... here: http://sumomo.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=131324   Maybe you could check out what they did and replicate it for the CS Hot Tub?
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 August 29, 08:21:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Above ground custom hot tubs are borked. I've only ever seen one custom one that worked right... here: http://sumomo.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=131324   Maybe you could check out what they did and replicate it for the CS Hot Tub?
There's also the PS hot tub, you could get that checked

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
enrico palazzo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 August 29, 13:06:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hot-tubs seem to be self-referencing objects. If you're not familiar with them, you can find a tutorial by echo that explains how to fix them here: http://www.eternal-echo.net/sims/tutorials/self-refs/ .

I've been experimenting with them a bit for my own nefarious purposes, and it seems the key semi-globals you have to import, change, and link are: "4P: Find Next Entrance/Exit Tile" and "4P: Route To Tub."

The working tub linked by KLGFCG has a couple of other semi-globals imported, but I haven't really had a chance to compare mine to see what the differences are. The tub I cloned has been working for 10 sim days straight in a crowded apartment building with no conflicts yet *knocks on wood.*

If you want to see something really scary, read the last page of the novel-length readme included with that MTS2 custom hot tub. Shocked  Who in their right mind would include a photo and their personal stats with a download? He must be desperate.
Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 August 30, 00:29:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hot-tubs seem to be self-referencing objects. If you're not familiar with them, you can find a tutorial by echo that explains how to fix them here: http://www.eternal-echo.net/sims/tutorials/self-refs/ .

I've been experimenting with them a bit for my own nefarious purposes, and it seems the key semi-globals you have to import, change, and link are: "4P: Find Next Entrance/Exit Tile" and "4P: Route To Tub."

Thanks for this info, I'll go check. I believe you're right as I didn't imported any semi-globals.

If you want to see something really scary, read the last page of the novel-length readme included with that MTS2 custom hot tub. Shocked  Who in their right mind would include a photo and their personal stats with a download? He must be desperate.

Shocked Wow! That was quite scary. Yes, he must be desperate!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 August 30, 00:34:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*witch downloads unwanted hottub for no particular reason....

He's an Ozzie bloke. Hee. About the same level of spelling and grammar as your average kiwi bloke. The hottub looks nice for a sci-fi district though, Think I'll try it.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 August 31, 00:37:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Above ground custom hot tubs are borked. I've only ever seen one custom one that worked right... here: http://sumomo.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=131324   Maybe you could check out what they did and replicate it for the CS Hot Tub?
There's also the PS hot tub, you could get that checked

Thanks! This two were great examples.

Thanks a lot! I imported this two BHAVs (plus "Interaction - Get In") and got the tub to work. Check my post here to download the tub.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: