More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 09:54:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Proper Life Stories conversions (FT and AL) *up8 9-11-08 8:26pm
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Proper Life Stories conversions (FT and AL) *up8 9-11-08 8:26pm  (Read 233673 times)
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
Proper Life Stories conversions (FT and AL) *up8 9-11-08 8:26pm
« on: 2008 August 02, 04:45:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These are not based on the ones by Numenor, BlueSoup or anyone else, they were all extracted and fixed by Argon (me), Lord Darcy, and Havelock so if I missed anything please let me know.

Argon LS Buy FT8.7z - MediaFire 9-11-08 8:26pm
Argon LS Build2.7z - MediaFire 9-11-08 8:26pm
Argon LS Optional3.7z MediaFire or maty 9-11-08 8:26pm
    -TS-LS_0x51f8c6c2.package
    -ls supercoffee.package
    -ls quitarplay.package
    -ls closegrill.package
    -ls-floor-bathtile-3x3-turq.package
    -ls-floor-linoleum-pattern-11.package
    -ls-floor-linoleum-pattern-16.package
    -ls-coffeecuphack.package

Lord Darcy's Extra slots for LS objects

Note: Guitar does not function on it's own. For best results try using Instruments by proxy GUID.

Because Apartment Life did not change much, the update for the TV and stereo by Lord Darcy is here.

Thanks to AmberDiceless for the screenshots.

Notable Features:

-Fertility bed works the way it did in LS
-Bar updated to NL/OFB WITH lights
-Fixed some missing shadows
-Coffee machine has super coffee ala cannibalized Pescado conversion (ls supercoffee.package) otherwise it's just like normal coffee Now uses clone of coffee cup for the extra motive bonus
-Guitar plays with Atavera's custom instrument hack (ls quitarplay.package) use Instruments by proxy GUID instead.
-Pool table builds games enthusiasm
-Pulls textures and models from the game files where possible
-All walls, floors, and roofs
-Collection to help find everything
-Venus sculpture and toybox fixed; many thanks to Havelock
-Furniture sounds and scratch fixed; many thanks to Lord Darcy
-LS lamp and painting downloads

How to install:

TS-LS_0x51f8c6c2.package  goes in "My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Collections"

ls closegrill.package                        All go in "My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads"
ls-floor-bathtile-3x3-turq.package
ls-floor-linoleum-pattern-11.package
ls-floor-linoleum-pattern-16.package
ls-UpdateEPx.package    [this is for subversion updates and may not always be available]

ls-buy.bundle.package          Both go in "%Program Files%\{The Sims 2 Expansion}\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins"
ls build.bundle.package

Or you can put them in the downloads folder as well, but they'll have a custom content star. I used the Store Edition folder so it isn't so useless.

Known issues (things I need help with)

Fertility bedding has a seam down the middle for single beds, I'll fix it later.

Bar has an unused mesh group.

Spelling errors in walls/floors? (can anyone confirm this?)

Update History:

Test
-initial release

FT2 (not actually released)
-fixed tinker on hot tub (delete ls hottub-ft.package)
-fixed scratch on baliwood/shakey/fertility beds and leather sofa for small dogs and cats
-includes Havelock's toybox and Venus statue fixes (delete toyBoxAntique.package & rewardVenus.package)
-removes more unused files

FT3
-includes Lord Darcy's furniture sound fixes (delete LS_FurnitureSoundFix.package)

FT3p1
-OFB shelf fixes; ls-UpdatesFT3.package
-Optional close grill; ls closegrill.package

FT4
-Ground coffee fx added (Lord Darcy)
-More furniture mesh fixes (Havelock)
-Fertility bed flashing blue bedding in catalog fixed
-Downloads split up for easier downloading

FT5
-added shakey dresser, 1x1 shakey coffee table, and bed shadow fixes by Havelock
-lamp and painting downloads added
-updated and re-sorted collection

FT6
-Havelock's rug fix
-Renamed leather sofa mesh groups in preparation for CEP

FT7
-Baliwood living chair fixes by Havelock
-Renamed leather sofa groups again

FT8
-Removed Uni textures and unused from ls build.bundle.package
-Added 3 unfinished floors to Argon LS Optional3.7z
-Removed more unlinked and duplicate files
-Linked more textures, meshes, and lights to base game files (hot tub, tv, bar, bbq coffee machine)
-Fixed misnamed mesh group and texture on espresso machine; coffee effect now shows up
-Non-globals solution to coffee machine energy bonus; adjusted to account for real game/LS motives discrepancy (this was done for beds already with the first release)
-Added separate material definition for leather sofa frame (for Darcy to fix the CEP bug)
-Lightened the shadows on Baliwood sofas
-Baliwood coffee tables and end table now have proper reflective glass to match the tables
-Baliwood barstools now point to the dining chair textures (they were the same)
-Blank textures for shadows now point to null_txmt from the base game
-Fixed bar slot reference (thanks Darcy)

* Argon LS Optional3.7z (86.33 KB - downloaded 9320 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 September 13, 09:00:18 by Argon » Logged

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Re: Testers wanted: proper Life Stories conversions (Freetime)
« Reply #1 on: 2008 August 02, 09:32:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is amazing, I always loved your perfect conversion of LS computer. Textures look so crisp and sharp, every piece of furniture usable by pets. You even updated that sleek LS bar, with neon lights enabled on front to boot! Wooot! Cheesy

So far, the only object with missing FT function is Hot Tub, which can be easily updated by replacing TTAB and TTAs. And Bali/Shakely beds and leather sofa that small dogs and cats can't actually scratch.

Thanks for all your hard work, I wish I had the skillz to help you out with the known issues. Sad

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 August 02, 10:16:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How does your conversion of "Supercoffee" differ from the existing Awesome edition?

So far, the only object with missing FT function is Hot Tub, which can be easily updated by replacing TTAB and TTAs. And Bali/Shakely beds and leather sofa that small dogs and cats can't actually scratch.
It's not quite THAT trivial. If you do that, your object will blow up when you put it in a non-FT game. I will fix it in the official Awesome edition. Also, tub is from PS, not LS.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 02, 10:23:54 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 August 02, 10:39:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And Bali/Shakely beds and leather sofa that small dogs and cats can't actually scratch.

Oops, any idea what's missing on them, like a slot or something? Do the other sofas work fine?

Here's the fix for the hot tub, once I have everything fixed I'll update the main package. Does anyone know of a freetime custom instuments hack? The guitar will play but without music enthusiasm.

How does your conversion of "Supercoffee" differ from the existing Awesome edition?

It doesn't, the only difference is in the main package it's set to push the normal coffee interaction. It's just an override for awesomeness. My original plan when I started this, back when BV had just come out, was to make a clone of the coffee cup and use that instead but I never got around to it.

It's not quite THAT trivial. If you do that, your object will blow up when you put it in a non-FT game. I will fix it in the official Awesome edition. Also, tub is from PS, not LS.

The original hot tub was from LS, a copy of it is also in PS just like the computer. There's an awesome version of the tub? Scratch that, PS has a different hot tub, this is the wooden sunken one; it's not purple.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 03, 01:28:42 by Argon » Logged

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 August 02, 11:21:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not quite THAT trivial. If you do that, your object will blow up when you put it in a non-FT game. I will fix it in the official Awesome edition.

I suspected something along the line, as Tinkering in dishwashers generated constant errors in pre-FT games. However, as Argon's version is intended for FT players, I thought that adding Tinkering would make no difference anyway.

And Bali/Shakely beds and leather sofa that small dogs and cats can't actually scratch.

Oops, any idea what's missing on them, like a slot or something? Do the other sofas work fine?

Some Maxis beds/sofas have the same problem. Even though chew/scratch function comes up in pie menu, small dogs and cats can't actually chew/scratch them. (Large dogs are not affected.) They just whine as if something is blocking their route.
EAxis forgot to add "allow intersection" tree in OBJfs for those objects in Pets. If you compare OBJfs of scratchable beds/sofas with those of LS furniture, you'll notice the difference.
There are 3 kinds of allow intersection BHAVs in bedglobals: double bed, expensive double bed and single bed. It seems that BHAV for expensive double bed works only for base game Colonial bed.

Other sofas work fine.

Does anyone know of a freetime custom instuments hack? The guitar will play but without music enthusiasm.

Numenor said it was on his to-do list, but as he's apparently still busy with IKEA-updated CEP, it will probably take a looong time for him to get around to it, if he ever does.

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Testers wanted: proper Life Stories conversions (Freetime) *up 8-2-08 4:39am
« Reply #5 on: 2008 August 02, 16:16:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Naomi in Stone"
-Ground shadow and east wall in same mesh group
-Broken wall shadow on east wall (shows up when also against south?)

"Uncle Samuel's Box of Handcrafted Mystery"
-Wooden toys inside because UV map is wrong

Attached for Argon to use in his files:

"Naomi in Stone"
-Ground shadow and east wall in same mesh group
-Broken wall shadow on east wall (shows up when also against south?)
Both caused because they made the groundshadow and the eastwallshadow one piece and named it eastwallshadow. Now separated, proper named and updated gmnd and Shape. Also fixed UV issue with east- and westwallshadow.

"Uncle Samuel's Box of Handcrafted Mystery"
-Wooden toys inside because UV map is wrong

Wooden toys are result of laziness or lack of time, the toys are mapped over the whole Toyboxtexture.
And uv mapping prozess was not finished. Resulting in brokeness.
I have exported the toys of the basegame toybox and replaced them. Shape is updated to pull toytexture from Basegame Toybox. Also finished the cutouts on the sides of the box. Look at the difference in Game and use if you like.

Edit: Attachment removed. Fix is now included in the package.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 03, 04:29:50 by Havelock » Logged
knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
Re: Testers wanted: proper Life Stories conversions (Freetime) *up 8-2-08 4:39am
« Reply #6 on: 2008 August 02, 18:36:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is there any other differnce besides how their packaged between these an the ones at http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/TS2LSpack/ ?   Huh

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 August 02, 19:19:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Argon's version is superior to any other versions available in Yahoo group. Everything comes in unadulterated form straight from Life Stories, and nearly all object functions were updated to FreeTime. (Numenorian version has pixelated, degraded textures, and BlueSoup edition is not updated to FreeTime.) Walls and floors in Argon's version have the original, proper TGI, not the mangled CC-like one found in other versions.

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 August 02, 23:12:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is furniture sound fix (tabletop and chair sound) for LS furniture.
It's very trivial but nonetheless one of my personal pet peeves, like wrong footstep sounds on skins.

ETA: Attachment removed. Fix is now included in the package.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 03, 03:12:24 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 August 02, 23:49:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol and here I was about to post the update  Tongue just a few more minutes while I repack everything then. Are there any other fixes that need to be done while I'm at it?

I've already got the baliwood/shakey beds, fertility bed, leather sofa, Havelock's toybox and venus statue, hot tub, and now the furniture sounds. Oh and how much do I need to beg for more decorative slots Lord Darcy?  Grin
« Last Edit: 2008 August 03, 00:00:11 by Argon » Logged

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 August 03, 02:19:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are there any other fixes that need to be done while I'm at it?

1. The missing "Ground Coffee" FX, which can be found only in base game coffeemaker.
(Yes, I'm picky about these little things...  Cheesy)

As the mesh of LS coffeemaker is very similar to base game coffeemaker, I think this FX can be added without sticking out of funnel.

2. Like many post-OFB Maxis objects, the quantity per OFB shelf is not quite right in some objects.

Teddy Bear, Tiki Light, Moebius Sculpture - should be 1 (2 per shelf)
 Plastic Plant - should be 0 (1 per shelf)

3. Numenorian BBQ has the function to close lid. I thought this interaction exists in Life Stories, but apparently it does not. Can it be integrated into the grill? I'm fond of this little feature. There is a mod that extends this feature to Maxis grills, which was made by resources extracted from Numenorian LS BBQ.

Oh and how much do I need to beg for more decorative slots Lord Darcy?  Grin

I'm already working on 2 Baliwood coffeetables and 2 dressers. LS end tables with a decorative slot are uploaded here, from which you can yoink edited CRES, SLOT and Text List (Model - Bones).

Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
Re: Testers wanted: proper Life Stories conversions (Freetime) *up3 8-2-08 7:13p
« Reply #11 on: 2008 August 03, 04:27:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. The missing "Ground Coffee" FX, which can be found only in base game coffeemaker.

I don't think I'd know how to do this  Embarrassed would Havelock? *nudge nudge*

2. Like many post-OFB Maxis objects, the quantity per OFB shelf is not quite right in some objects.

That's my fault actually, anyway it's fixed now.

3. Numenorian BBQ has the function to close lid. I thought this interaction exists in Life Stories, but apparently it does not. Can it be integrated into the grill? I'm fond of this little feature. There is a mod that extends this feature to Maxis grills, which was made by resources extracted from Numenorian LS BBQ.

Done, optional ls closegrill.package added

Also I don't plan to integrate the decorative slots, for those purists out there. I just thought those baliwood tables were screaming for it hehe.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 03, 20:22:47 by Argon » Logged

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
Re: Testers wanted: proper Life Stories conversions (Freetime) *up3.1 8-2-08 10:28pm
« Reply #12 on: 2008 August 03, 14:42:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The base game coffeemaker has a block in its CRES which is used for "ground coffee" FX. You have to add this block and link it as a child node.

I attached the FX fix. The FX fits like a glove. Cheesy
ETA: Attachment removed. Fix is now included in the package.

Also I don't plan to integrate the decorative slots, for those purists out there. I just thought those baliwood tables were screaming for it hehe.

I agree. It's better to keep the main package as faithful to the original as possible. They can be offered as an optional download.

Attached the decorative slot mod for LS furniture. (End tables, coffee tables, dressers and fridge)
Added a decorative slot in the center of 2-tiled coffee tables.

Screenshots:
End Tables | Coffee Tables |Dressers | Fridge

* zLdDarcy_StoriesObjects_DecoSlot.rar (6.31 KB - downloaded 5992 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 August 05, 17:50:02 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Testers wanted: proper Life Stories conversions (Freetime) *up3.1 8-2-08 10:28pm
« Reply #13 on: 2008 August 03, 15:31:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Argon, this is awesome work. I really can't wait for it to be finalized.  Smiley

One stupid question: I already have this stuff in my game from previous downloads, and I've used it extensively in my neighborhood. Will this file just take the place of my previous LS stuff, or am I going to have to refurnish/decorate?

And a less stupid query. Some of the walls and floors were really bizarre/didn't fit in with my tastes (some of those patterned carpets come to mind). I remember using Clean Installer to disable stuff I didn't like, and then simply deleting the .OFF files. I don't mind redoing the work, but CI will disable the whole thing, and I am guessing that deleting in-game will delete the entire bundled file. Will I have to use SimPE to remove items I don't want? If so, any suggestions for going about it? (I already opened it in SimPE just to see, and the sheer length of the list was a little overwhelming.)

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2008 August 03, 15:56:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One stupid question: I already have this stuff in my game from previous downloads, and I've used it extensively in my neighborhood. Will this file just take the place of my previous LS stuff, or am I going to have to refurnish/decorate?
Objects will stay, but walls and floors will not. Objects are recognized by their GUIDs, whereas walls and floors are by their TGIs.

I am guessing that deleting in-game will delete the entire bundled file.
Yes, it will.

Will I have to use SimPE to remove items I don't want? If so, any suggestions for going about it?
Rather than messing with the LS package itself, which can be updated in future, I suggest that you make your own personal hider like Ambular's Maxis fug hider.

Count
PajamaRick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 August 03, 15:59:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is truly Awesome!!

*mashes Thanks button*

Lord Darcy, on your LS Deco Slot Mod; since the file has the "z" prefix...can you place it in the Downloads folder, or is it better to put it in the Program Files/(Latest EP)/TSData/Res/Overrides folder?

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2008 August 03, 16:14:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lord Darcy, on your LS Deco Slot Mod; since the file has the "z" prefix...can you place it in the Downloads folder, or is it better to put it in the Program Files/(Latest EP)/TSData/Res/Overrides folder?
Downloads folder. The z prefix is there for the people who put LS package into Downloads folder, so that this fix is loaded after LS package.

Qwiggles
Corpulent Cretin

We are all just monkeys...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 August 03, 16:51:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My fertility bed shows the blue "bedding" (missing image) in the buy catalogue.  I'm assuming I'm the only one with this since no one seems to have reported it.  Any idea how I can fix this or what's causing it?
Also, is it the not-updated-to-FT custom instrument hack that's causing the error message when I buy the guitar?  My sims can't do anything with it once it's bought.

Mooooo
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 August 03, 18:31:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All
-Wall shadows (only seen with "always up" wall option) sink into walls for some objects

For Argon: Have attached some fixed GMDCs for  Bali and Shakely Furniture.

Edit: Attachment removed. Fix is now included in the package.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 03, 21:18:00 by Havelock » Logged
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
Re: Testers wanted: proper Life Stories conversions (Freetime) *up3.1 8-2-08 10:
« Reply #19 on: 2008 August 03, 19:01:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, is it the not-updated-to-FT custom instrument hack that's causing the error message when I buy the guitar?  My sims can't do anything with it once it's bought.

Atavera's hack conflicts with Pescado's tipping fix, that's probably what's causing the errors.

I would also like the report the strangeness of the guitar. It doesn't come with an amp and it just lays on the floor. I can click on it but of course the sims can't do anything with it sans amp.

What EPs do you have? I had that happen originally when the object initialized incorrectly, but I'm pretty sure you need University or Seasons for the guitar to work. If not that, I'm guessing you have a hack conflict somewhere... maybe an older version of the guitar?

Also, working on the update as we speak.

Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
Re: Testers wanted: proper Life Stories conversions (Freetime) *up4 8-3-08 1:59p
« Reply #20 on: 2008 August 03, 20:31:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update FT4 posted.

Now if I could only update the page once without blowing the formatting up...

EDIT: TashaFaun... you're not using "ls guitarplay.package" and "argon_instrument hack.package" at the same time are you?
« Last Edit: 2008 August 03, 20:47:55 by Argon » Logged

knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
Re: Testers wanted: proper Life Stories conversions (Freetime) *up4 8-3-08 1:59pm
« Reply #21 on: 2008 August 03, 22:00:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

can the tv be made recolorable?  i have recolor of it i like to use  Undecided

an just how do you go about recoloring the objects that are recolorable?  Huh

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
Re: Testers wanted: proper Life Stories conversions (Freetime) *up4 8-3-08 1:59p
« Reply #22 on: 2008 August 03, 22:45:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

can the tv be made recolorable?  i have recolor of it i like to use  Undecided

an just how do you go about recoloring the objects that are recolorable?  Huh

Life Stories CEP now in progress, but until it's done recolors for objects that weren't recolorable won't work.

Umm.. I don't use recolors but I'm guessing through SimPE's object workshop.

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2008 August 04, 04:16:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Life Stories CEP now in progress, but until it's done recolors for objects that weren't recolorable won't work.
Good, I wanted to fix Numenorian LS recolors to be compatible with your version.  Grin

deskp
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Testers wanted: proper Life Stories conversions (Freetime) *up4 8-3-08 1:59pm
« Reply #24 on: 2008 August 04, 08:38:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do i need the game to make this work?

and does anyone know how meny objects there is in the game that we dont find in any EP/SE for the sims 2 ?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: