More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 07:34:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  FreeTime Phone Issue
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FreeTime Phone Issue  (Read 6052 times)
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
FreeTime Phone Issue
« on: 2008 July 03, 08:26:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't played the game much other than to just build & decorate houses since installing FT, but last night I was playing and I found an issue with the new phone. When I go into buy mode and place it, it looks normal, but as soon as I go into Live mode, the handset turns into the base game one. Does anyone know what's causing this? I took a pic of the problem. I tried it multiple times and each time I go into Live mode, the phone changes. The pic was taken in buy mode to show the difference.

Also, I noticed an issue with the shadow on the surfer end table from TSS. It's always on the side, which makes me never want to use it. Is it like this for everyone?

coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: FreeTime Phone Issue
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 03, 08:32:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That keeps happening with the grey phone in my game! Also, when I place a TSS phone it disappears, unless I'm building/buying without a family on the lot...  Undecided
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 03, 08:57:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe IKEA pack b0rked CEP, just like it b0rked a lot of Pescado's hack for no sensible reason. Try disabling phones from CEP-Extra, until Numenor updates CEP to IKEA pack.

As for TSS end table, it's hardly the only object with borked shadow. OFB Mission recliner has the similar problem, AFAIR. I believe Havelock fixed shadows for some other objects in the past, maybe he could take requests.

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 July 03, 10:58:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for TSS end table, it's hardly the only object with borked shadow. OFB Mission recliner has the similar problem, AFAIR. I believe Havelock fixed shadows for some other objects in the past, maybe he could take requests.

I have made myself tons of replacements for various broken Shadows. But you have to carry the GMDCs of each fix so it may not be for everyone. It was first seen en masse in Pets where they managed to break nearly all Shadows on the Atomic Age and Atomic Age Kids Furniture.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 03, 11:39:02 by Havelock » Logged
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 July 03, 17:37:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I'll disable the phones in CEP. The recolors I have for the regular phone don't show anymore since installing FT, anyway. Is there a tutorial or something to fix the shadow for the end table? Because I'd really like it to be fixed. I have an entire beach neighborhood where I'd like to use that bedroom set in some of the houses.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 July 03, 21:52:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Put the Package in your Downloads or Overrides Folder its only the Mesh with the fixed Shadows.

It would be best to put in   C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Whatever EP/SP you run the EXE from\TSData\Res\Overrides

* tableEndSurferShadow-fix.rar (10.23 KB - downloaded 270 times.)
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 July 04, 00:17:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks.  Smiley
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 July 05, 01:41:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have made myself tons of replacements for various broken Shadows. But you have to carry the GMDCs of each fix so it may not be for everyone. It was first seen en masse in Pets where they managed to break nearly all Shadows on the Atomic Age and Atomic Age Kids Furniture.

How did you fix the broken shadow? 'Cause I found a similar problem in IKEA preorder Strind end table.

I found out that the shadow group names in GMDC are all wrong, e.g. the group which should have been groundshadow was named southwallshadow. I fixed it by renaming the shadow group names properly. Have I done right?

Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 July 06, 12:53:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its at times like this that I'm glad my machine isn't quite good enough to handle shadows smoothly and that I get bugged by the apparent bounding box around Sims' shadows. I always play with them turned off.
Yet I still downloaded the fixes for the Pets furniture...  Huh

I came to this thread expecting to see something mentioned about the fact that the wall version of the phone has the wrong ringer effect:
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: