More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 18:47:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Scope Room jump bug?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Scope Room jump bug?  (Read 4605 times)
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
Scope Room jump bug?
« on: 2008 June 14, 23:24:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed in the last few days that the Scope Room function isn't working properly in my game anymore. I can command a sim to Scope Room, but even if there are sims present who they have known chemistry with, nobody ever glows, and then the sim jumps a bit forward when the function finishes. I have the latest romancemod for Seasons (my last installed EP), as well as the Seasons version of no instantloves. I also have Teen WooHoo, ACR, and TJ's Sim Blender, as well as a metric ton of other hacks that don't affect romantic interactions. I don't often use Scope Room, so I'm not sure when it stopped working in my game, but any advice on where to start tracking down the problem would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Special bribe for helping...I'll post a RL pic of me in full Rocky Horror performance mode! Now, you may NOT want to see this, so keep in mind you've been warned!
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Scope Room jump bug?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 June 15, 00:30:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Err... Not saying that this has to do with your specific problem, but isn't Simblender an FT thing? I remember TJ once incorrectly put and updated version in his Seasons folder but then took it out, I guess you downloaded that?

Dive in!
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 June 15, 00:49:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to his description of the mod, only certain functions (Change Aspiration, I believe) require FT. It also says that the rest of the functions should work with Uni or higher. I had posted another question regarding the Sim Blender on the Simbology board a few days ago, specifying that I only had up to Seasons, and nobody told me that I shouldn't have it in my game. Not saying it isn't the problem, just explaining why I even have it. I'll try disabling it later with Clean Installer & seeing if that helps.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 June 15, 02:16:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried binary search (half in/half out until the naughty culprit is cornered) yet? That should be your first step before posting.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 June 15, 03:20:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed in the last few days that the Scope Room function isn't working properly in my game anymore. I can command a sim to Scope Room, but even if there are sims present who they have known chemistry with, nobody ever glows, and then the sim jumps a bit forward when the function finishes.

When a sim jumps like that, there's been an error and an error log will have been created.  It would be helpful if you attached the error log to your post.  I take it you don't play with debug mode on, otherwise you would have said you got an error message.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 June 15, 06:38:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jennydee, I just saw this posted at Simbology:

Quote from: gayjohnscarritt

I'm glad you mentioned the 'Romance Mod' from Pescado, i only have up to Seasons, and his latest update was causing an error with 'scope room'.  So i ended up rolling back to an older version of it.  I also had to roll back to an older version of his 'wfsanity' mod.  This was even happening on a clean/new Sims2 folder with only his hacks in.  I'm starting wonder if my game/system is just different enough, to cause errors with mods that are normally perfect.   

Bolded by me. You might want to ask gayjohnscarritt if he can share his RomanceMod with you if you don't have a backup yourself, and then see if that fixes stuff Smiley

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 June 16, 03:32:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A new version of the romancemod was posted today.  I suggest updating.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 June 16, 07:02:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually found an old version of the romancemod in my trashcan and tried that, fixed the problem. However, I also installed all the EPs & SPs I didn't have today (using the "don't get SecuROM" method) and reinstalled all my MATY hacks from the FT director's cut, so that probably included the update of the romancemod too. I'm sorry I didn't sort through my hacks before posting, but I had about 10 minutes of playtime left before I had to head out for Rocky, and just thought I'd put the question out there and see if anyone responded while I was out. Thanks everyone for your advice and help!

As for my promised bribe photo, I'm currently unable to ftp into my webserver to upload the pic I want, so that will have to wait, probably until I get a chance to reboot my laptop :-P

EDIT: added photo (I'm the one sitting on the throne, if anyone cares)

« Last Edit: 2008 June 16, 07:30:59 by jennydee » Logged
toad
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 June 16, 09:54:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hur.  You have the same expression in the picture as your avatar.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 June 17, 07:28:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never quite managed to make up my mind on whether I love or hate Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 June 17, 08:53:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the film version. Tim Curry FTW!