More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 07:13:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Try to fix a changing table
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Try to fix a changing table  (Read 4302 times)
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Try to fix a changing table
« on: 2008 May 30, 12:02:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally caught the faulty baby changing table that was causing abnormality on Maxis changing tables and fridges. How does it manage to do? Roll Eyes

I first updated it to FT, to no vail. Then I decided to fix it by cloning a Maxis changing table, and importing CC meshes and textures, because I like its look. Based on Inge's pointers in another thread and a modding tutorial (JWoods' object creation from start to finish), I did the following, but it crashed my game, once when loading a house which has a changing table in it. I changed more things then it crashed the game when I'm accessing changing table in the buy catalog (using the eyedrop tool). Can awesome people look at what I did and tell me what's wrong? Thanks.

1. Export the custom mesh and texture: TXTR(both items), GMDC (both items)
2. Make a clone of Sanitation Station Baby changing table, using Default setting.
3. In the clone, delete TXTR and GMDC items, add from the extracted CC TXTR, GMDC.
4. In GMDC, on Menu, select "Tool"->"Object Tools"-> Fix Integrity, "ok". Do not "update".
5. In Object Data, copy paste the CC GUIDs for all the three items.  For the main item, check "Update all MMATs", "Update", "commit". For the other two (with 0,0 or 1,0 as appendix), only "Commit", "Save".
6. Change price in Object Data.
7. In Catalog description (CTSS), change string name to CC's name.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Re: Try to fix a changing table
« Reply #1 on: 2008 May 30, 12:37:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've done the same thing when I didn't know how to update changing tables to Seasons.

When you first made a clone, did you give it the exact same modelname as your custom changing table?

I guess you meant "extract" in step 1? Because there is no need to "export" mesh or png file.

You have to extract GMND, SHPE, CRES (for mesh) and TXMT, MMAT (for texture) too. Not just GMDC and TXTR. The creator may have changed mesh name or added a new subset. Game usually crashes when there is something wrong in GMND or CRES.

Extract those resources, delete existing resources from your clone, add extracted resources. If you gave the exact same modelname to your clone, you don't even have to Fix Integrity.

Edit: Instead of Extracting/Adding SHPE and CRES, edit the parts tab in SHPE manually to match the original. CRES is only required when new blocks were added, like tubs or bars.
« Last Edit: 2008 May 31, 14:33:13 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 May 30, 13:12:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See. *Off to experiment*

Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 May 30, 23:24:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, not very successful. It does not crash any more, but in the buy catalog, it is "no picture" for this object. Nothing gets dragged out. I extracted and added all the things you said. All the three GUIDs in the right places. Fixed on top of the cloned one I had, and also did it from scratch using the CC's modelname. Both have the same result.  Undecided

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 May 31, 01:17:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm. I successfully cloned some baby tables downloaded from TSR in this way. But it has been about a year since I've done it the last time, my memory may have been a little fuzzy. Can you attach the borked table or give me a linky?

Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 May 31, 13:15:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol, it's a TSR item too. I attached its original mesh, and my fix using the modelname when cloning. Thank you very much.

* MIRA_marelle_commode_01-12-07_MESH.package (99.39 KB - downloaded 183 times.)
* MIRA_marelle_commode fixed modelname.package (348.24 KB - downloaded 187 times.)

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 May 31, 14:59:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, attached the new working clone. This time I didn't extract/add SHPE and CRES. CRES does not really need to be updated unless new blocks are added by new EPs, like tubs (dog bath) or bars (eating surface). I manually edited Parts tabs in both SHPEs to match the original. Removed useless subsets from Parts tabs of SHPEs. Unused duplicate shadow texture was removed. (I hate redundant texture files.)

I'm not sure if this table was indeed the culprit, as I had no problem whatsoever with the original version in my game. I can get bottles for toddlers (Maxis fridges), change diapers (Maxis and custom changing tables), etc. I looked into the changing table. All resources are in 0xFFFFFFFF group, so they cannot affect anything but the object itself.

Are you sure that toddlers were awake when you tested the original version? Some toddler-related functions like Get Bottles/Changing Diapers disappear when toddlers are sleeping. Or there might be another hack causing the conflict.

ETA: I looked into your clone. The modelnames do NOT match.

Original: mira.marelle.commode.01-12-07.mesh
Yours: mira.marelle.commode.01-12-07.mesh-[68c58af4-5da4-4307-9420-1c47d7d15624]

No wonder you got "No Pic" icon, the TGIs were all screwed.
When you're making a clone, you have to replace the entire ModelName in the Scenegraph rename wizard, and click update once.

* MIRA_marelle_commode_01-12-07_MESH-Cloned.rar (76.04 KB - downloaded 159 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 May 31, 15:07:23 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 May 31, 21:21:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if this table was indeed the culprit, as I had no problem whatsoever with the original version in my game. I can get bottles for toddlers (Maxis fridges), change diapers (Maxis and custom changing tables), etc. I looked into the changing table. All resources are in 0xFFFFFFFF group, so they cannot affect anything but the object itself.

Are you sure that toddlers were awake when you tested the original version? Some toddler-related functions like Get Bottles/Changing Diapers disappear when toddlers are sleeping. Or there might be another hack causing the conflict.

I'm pretty sure the toddlers were up and about, and I just dragged their bladder down so that there was a diaper to be changed. They did not even need to go to sleep when I tested. I max motives and then drag down hunger or bladder for testing. They even "ask for diaper change" and the adult nodded but nothing then happened. When I removed this changing table (and its whole suite of nursery), everything worked. Once I cloned the changing table, but only extracted/replaced TXTR, the changing table was just Maxis one with new, wierd textures that I can recognize  its the CC's textures. All the missing options were back. What's interesting is only the Maxis fridges were affected. The unique ones I/you made were not affected.  Roll Eyes

Yours: mira.marelle.commode.01-12-07.mesh-[68c58af4-5da4-4307-9420-1c47d7d15624]

When you're making a clone, you have to replace the entire ModelName in the Scenegraph rename wizard, and click update once.

How do you find the CC's model name? I couldn't in its SimPE, so I cloned it and find its model name at the
Scenegraph rename wizard. That one with a long string of numbers was what I found.

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 June 01, 06:05:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you find the CC's model name? I couldn't in its SimPE, so I cloned it and find its model name at the
Scenegraph rename wizard. That one with a long string of numbers was what I found.

Select Fix Integrity on your CC. You can get ModelName of CC from Scenegraph rename Wizard window. Close the box without fixing integrity.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: