More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 08:37:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Updating CC for FT
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Updating CC for FT  (Read 157616 times)
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
Re: Updating CC for FT
« Reply #75 on: 2008 May 12, 20:51:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Attached updated telescope. All new FT functions are enabled, and enthusiasm can be gained correctly.
The original telescope seems to be b0rked in the first place, as it threw out Invalid Constant error even for Stargaze and Look Through interactions. I also fixed b0rked Catalog Description. Not sure why it was borked, but it was edited by Sims 2 Categorizer. Removed useless duplicate shadow texture.
I couldn't add the flashlight beam for Summon Aliens interaction, as it requires editing animated mesh and I'm a total n00b at 3D meshing.

I looked into your cheap Maxis telescope clone. Did you extract/replace STR#s from your clone? You have to uncheck "Pull Animations" at Object Workshop, otherwise STR#s will be linked to cloned custom animation files. I wasn't clear on this point in my directions, sorry for the confusion.

And thanks for reminding me Caravan stuff. I have some of their stuff, but apparently I missed this telescope. Looks very nice, though poly count is on the high side. Might be useful for medieval scientist Sims.

Thanks so much!  I'm not very experienced at cloning and some of the options are still a mystery to me.

Now, though, I wonder if the telescope's failure to function in my game was really a FT problem or if it was just due to the original borkenness.  XD  I use Categorizer all the time and it never seems to have caused a problem with anything else, so I doubt it was that.

And yes, Caravan Sims has some lovely items.  I'm a sucker for nice antique-looking objects.  :)

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2008 May 12, 23:47:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, though, I wonder if the telescope's failure to function in my game was really a FT problem or if it was just due to the original borkenness.

Yes. It has always been borked, so I was joyful to see that Lord Darcy had fixed updated it.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
How to update Telescopes and Mirrors
« Reply #77 on: 2008 May 13, 11:47:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updating Telescopes

Attached updated resources for telescopes. You must pick the correct type (cheap/expensive). Read RTFM for instruction on updating CRES.
I'm afraid flashlight beam for Summon Aliens interaction won't show up, as it requires editing of animated mesh. But it only affects appearance, and has nothing to do with telescope functions. Sims still can use updated telescope to summon aliens.

For custom telescopes cloned from Maxis cheap telescope, edit main OBJD (the one without top/bottom/left/right) like this:

Main Object Data > RAW Data > Select Decimal > 07. Resource cross-refs > Interaction Table ID 131 -> 129. Commit and Save.

Updating Mirrors

And as for this PM I just received:

Quote from: ********* link=action=profile;u=****** date=1210674522
Do you happen to have a "updated resources"-file to update mirrors for pets. Thanks!

I have no idea why people send PMs when an active discussion is going on the very topic. Roll Eyes Why not post on the existing topic, so that other people can benefit from shared information, instead of treating me as your personal tech support?

Download jfade's Pets Custom Content Updater here. Mirrors were not changed since Pets, so it will still work.
Don't forget to download additional resources for Mirrors here, otherwise pets will reset out of the mirrors.

* Telescope_UpdatedResources_FT_20080822.rar (18.68 KB - downloaded 730 times.)
« Last Edit: 2011 October 23, 02:31:08 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: 2008 May 15, 10:55:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, though, I wonder if the telescope's failure to function in my game was really a FT problem or if it was just due to the original borkenness.

Yes. It has always been borked, so I was joyful to see that Lord Darcy had fixed updated it.

Alchemy Telescope was updated again. Now clickable area is correctly assigned. Flashlight beam mesh was added for Summon Aliens interaction, though it's still a bit off.

Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2008 May 15, 13:54:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lord Darcy, you're beyond awesome  Grin
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: 2008 May 15, 21:21:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alchemy Telescope was updated again. Now clickable area is correctly assigned. Flashlight beam mesh was added for Summon Aliens interaction, though it's still a bit off.

Huzzah!  Thanks again, LD!

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: 2008 May 18, 06:33:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here are the files to update the CC Easels to FT (with Pets options)  Wink 

figure someone would want them

* Updated_Easel.zip (27.59 KB - downloaded 890 times.)

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2008 May 21, 22:42:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here are the files to update the CC Easels to FT (with Pets options)  Wink 

figure someone would want them

Yes, and I have used them!

I have been really into updating abandoned content lately. Here's an object that's needed updating since Bon Voyage:Xanathon's PC
My period Sims really need to have a PC in Uni, and nothing but this looks appropriate.
Here's a pic:

And finally, if Xanathon wishes, I will happily remove this download if he will update it himself.

Major fix: I accidentally uploaded the wrong file. Please redownload for the computer updated for Freetime.

* xanathon_crystalpc.package.zip (162.67 KB - downloaded 601 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 May 27, 15:30:17 by Kazzandra » Logged
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
Updating Computers
« Reply #83 on: 2008 May 27, 14:37:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updating computers to FT:

Object Data > RAW Data > Select Decimal > 07. Resource cross-refs > Interaction Table ID 128 -> 129. Commit.

Additional step for updating computers to be Uni compatible:

To enable "Write Term Paper" for YAs, you need to make sure that the custom computer has a reference to Term Paper computer screen movie.
Look for Text Lists (STR#) > Model - Materials. Set the language to English, and see if you can find these strings:

0x0F  EP1 New Movies
0x10  computer_typetext_movie1
0x11  computer_typetext_movie2

If you can, you're done. But if you can't, you must add these strings after existing ones, otherwise YAs will reset out of the custom computer when they're trying to write term papers.

I attached updated resource as usual, but you should NOT use it to replace the whole resource when there are existing strings starting with ##0x1C050000!. If you do, all custom computer screens will revert to Maxis defaults.

To keep custom computer screens intact, you have to manually add those strings by yourself.

1. In Plugin View, set the language to English. Click Add button several times to add new strings until you reach 0x0015(21).

2. Click the first newly added line, 0x000E. Click Replace string button on the left. A popup window will come up.
    Click ComputerGlobals tab, select 0x0088 Model - Materials, and click Okay.

3. A new popup window will come up. Choose the same line as you chose in Plugin View, 0xE. Click OK. The 0x000E string will be replaced with the blank string.

4. Repeat the same process for all newly added lines up to 0x15. Click Commit File and save.

You may have to sell and re-buy custom computers for them to pick up the change.

More detailed version with screenshots

* ComputerCheap_UpdatedResources_FT.rar (3.19 KB - downloaded 809 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 July 11, 16:11:03 by Lord Darcy » Logged

dragonarts
Blathering Buffoon

http://dragcave.net/user/dragonarts

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2008 June 01, 19:36:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First, thanks tons for all this. Very helpful.

Second, I don't find anywhere to update custom stoves. I imagine it's not an easy and simple fix, but I have one I'd like to see updated. Actually, it's boblishman's ceramic hob. It hasn't been updated since base game. I don't feel competent to just dive in. Any suggestions/ideas/links that would be helpful?
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: 2008 June 02, 12:45:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't find anywhere to update custom stoves. I imagine it's not an easy and simple fix, but I have one I'd like to see updated. Actually, it's boblishman's ceramic hob. It hasn't been updated since base game. I don't feel competent to just dive in. Any suggestions/ideas/links that would be helpful?

You mean this one?
I could have sworn it was updated to OFB. Try redownload.
AFAIR this hob lacks an oven like Uni dorm cooktop, so certain meals will not appear.

I don't think stoves need to be updated. Like wardrobes, stove pie menus are handled in semi-global level, so they're automatically updated by each EP. EAxis should have done the same thing to all objects, then none of this dance would have been necessary.

Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2008 June 04, 19:13:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wintermuteai1 TVs.

If wintermuteai1wishes, I will happily remove this download if he will update it himself.

* crystalballtv.package.zip (275.65 KB - downloaded 508 times.)
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: 2008 June 07, 17:53:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to update the Autonomous Obstacle Course by the late Squinge for Freetime?(file attached)
 I am grateful for all help OR needed instructions, and Ill give it a try myself even if I am somewhat hack impaired.

* autonomous_obstacle_course.rar (449.86 KB - downloaded 560 times.)
Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2008 June 25, 23:45:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks a lot Lord Darcy! This really helped me updating my custom TVs and computers!

The only two things I cannot update by myself are one bar and a console system! Can someone help me with it?
The bar has a lightning line in the CRES and I cannot find the Interaction - Play in the console system!

I'm posting the bar in case someone can help me with it.

* LoftBar.package (545.83 KB - downloaded 563 times.)
Blueblood
Blathering Buffoon

My very own a The Cheat gnome! o.O

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2008 June 26, 04:25:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes the creator may have forgotten to fix GUIDs in other 2 self-referencing custom BHAVs (Interaction - Dispose - TEST and Interaction - Put Away - TEST), resulting in unusable controllers. Make sure they match the GUID of main system file of custom console as well.
I have a file here that doesn't even have those BHAVS. o.O That must explain why Sims actually throw the controllers in the trashcan instead of putting them away... Is there any way I can fix it? I don't know anything about modding, but I really hate giving up on things after I've started. I want my Sims to be able to use their Gamecube again, damn it. xD
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: 2008 June 27, 15:25:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only two things I cannot update by myself are one bar and a console system! Can someone help me with it?
The bar has a lightning line in the CRES and I cannot find the Interaction - Play in the console system!

I couldn't update Life Stories bar. This issue was discussed here.

Sometimes the creator may have forgotten to fix GUIDs in other 2 self-referencing custom BHAVs (Interaction - Dispose - TEST and Interaction - Put Away - TEST), resulting in unusable controllers. Make sure they match the GUID of main system file of custom console as well.
I have a file here that doesn't even have those BHAVS. o.O That must explain why Sims actually throw the controllers in the trashcan instead of putting them away... Is there any way I can fix it? I don't know anything about modding, but I really hate giving up on things after I've started. I want my Sims to be able to use their Gamecube again, damn it. xD

Sims will throw controllers away if the GUID is wrongly assigned in those BHAVs.
You can extract those missing BHAVs from this PS3 from Ogularama.
You'll have to add those missing BHAVs (be sure to adjust Instance number to prevent resource conflict if need be), fix GUIDs, and fix TTAB of controller file to redirect the Dispose and Put Away menu to the newly added custom BHAVs.
« Last Edit: 2008 June 27, 15:35:09 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Blueblood
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2008 June 27, 20:36:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I couldn't update Life Stories bar. This issue was discussed here.

Sims will throw controllers away if the GUID is wrongly assigned in those BHAVs.
You can extract those missing BHAVs from this PS3 from Ogularama.
You'll have to add those missing BHAVs (be sure to adjust Instance number to prevent resource conflict if need be), fix GUIDs, and fix TTAB of controller file to redirect the Dispose and Put Away menu to the newly added custom BHAVs.
I was thinking about extracting the BHAVS from another system but I wasn't sure if it would work or if it was okay to do. I have no experience in these kinds of things. I'm not sure what you're talking about with the TTAB thing but I'm sure I can work it out when I open the file again. Thanks for the help.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: 2008 June 27, 22:29:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was thinking about extracting the BHAVS from another system but I wasn't sure if it would work or if it was okay to do. I have no experience in these kinds of things. I'm not sure what you're talking about with the TTAB thing but I'm sure I can work it out when I open the file again.

As you're already going to extract custom BHAVs from PS3 controller, you can probably extract TTAB as well.

Blueblood
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2008 June 29, 04:29:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As you're already going to extract custom BHAVs from PS3 controller, you can probably extract TTAB as well.
Finally had some time to get back to this. Extracting and replacing the TTAB worked. Now my Simmy fanwanks can all have their console of choice, and they won't throw the controllers away anymore. xD

I've put the consoles I updated on my 4shared if anyone wants them.

http://www.4shared.com/file/53149863/aa660be7/Updated_Video_Game_Consoles_for_EP7_FT.html

Credit list:

Xbox, Xbox 360 and N64 are by Toddfx at TSR.

PS3s and Wiis are by Ogularama.

Gamecube is by psyckotic and TheSims2Master at MTS2.

And the Playstation 2 is by Kabismeboy at MTS2.
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2008 July 04, 14:17:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ Thanks for those consoles!

Lord Darcy (or anyone else who might know) how do you update a tv for FT, without adding the pull and push-back animation to it for tinkering and/or repairing? I tried to replace SLOT, TTAB and TTAs from a different tv (the Life Stories one, I got it from a thread here, not sure who updated it) that worked in the way I wanted (tinkering was done in the front, like both the FT tvs) but it didn't work.

The Ikea pre-order bonus tv that Richief updated (and I had done it myself too) has weird animations for tinkering from behind (lol, this sounds wrong in a way) that's why I was wondering how to do it. The Ikea tv that you fixed, has the correct tinker animation that I'm talking about (but I didn't manage to copy that either). What am I doing wrong?

(Thanks in advance!)

Dive in!
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: 2008 July 04, 14:34:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lord Darcy (or anyone else who might know) how do you update a tv for FT, without adding the pull and push-back animation to it for tinkering and/or repairing? I tried to replace SLOT, TTAB and TTAs from a different tv (the Life Stories one, I got it from a thread here, not sure who updated it) that worked in the way I wanted (tinkering was done in the front, like both the FT tvs) but it didn't work.

The Ikea pre-order bonus tv that Richief updated (and I had done it myself too) has weird animations for tinkering from behind (lol, this sounds wrong in a way) that's why I was wondering how to do it. The Ikea tv that you fixed, has the correct tinker animation that I'm talking about (but I didn't manage to copy that either). What am I doing wrong?

Replace SLOT, TTAB, TTAs as usual, depending on the type of TVs.

TVs have a line in "Function - Init" BHAV to determine whether they need to be pulled out for repairing/tinkering. I believe it's line 0x2. You need to change the value from 0x0000 ("Requires Pull Out") to 0x0001 ("No Pull Out").

Then you have to remove Anims - Adult (0x81) and Anims - Object (0x86) from Text Lists to keep the game from calling animations for pulling out TVs.

You have to sell and rebuy TV for it to pick up the change.

I only discovered this while updating IKEA TV. Will add the information in the TV updater post.
Still no joy for wonky tinkering/repairing animation in all custom 2-tiled floor TVs though, Sims holding the driver in the wrong way.  Sad
ETA: Joy. Fixed now. Repair Animation Fix for 2-tiled Floor TVs - Sims hold the screwdriver correctly

I'll upload the fixed version of IKEA TV in my decustomized preorder thread soon. Stay tuned.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 10, 16:48:12 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2008 July 04, 16:24:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did that, and it worked (partially). The animation as you said didn't look so good (it wasn't the animation used by FT tvs, I guess you'll fix it in time like you did with the other Ikea tv) but I also encountered a problem that I had before:

That happens after tinkering stops, the sim pushed the tv back (although it hadn't been pulled at all this time) and it snapped to the right tile's position. It happened before too, when they used to pull+push back for tinkering.

Anyway, since you're gonna update them (and you usually clean the files from unnecessary stuff too, which I'm not in the place to do), I won't bother too much, but it's cool learning how to do stuff in SimPE myself.

Thanks for the help!

Dive in!
enenen
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2008 July 06, 15:26:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry if this is obvious and I'm missing something, but you didn't say anything about it in the instructions (only There is a simpler way to update computer. Like bookcase, just changing the Object Data is enough in FT.)- with custom computers, do I replace the 0x00001008 BCON with the one in the attachment? That's what I did - didn't test yet - but replacing "write novel" with "write restaurant guide" seems weird.  Huh

Smack me if I'm being stupid here.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: 2008 July 06, 15:49:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(only There is a simpler way to update computer. Like bookcase, just changing the Object Data is enough in FT.)

When I made that statement, I was not aware of the changed BCON or Uni term paper movie issue.

That changed 0x1008 BCON is not really important. In fact you can safely ignore to update it. It seems that this 0x1008 BCON is no longer used by new FT novel writing, instead it's now used by writing restaurant guide. But the first BCON value is the same as base game (0x96), so it wouldn't matter whether you update that BCON or not. Change in filename is only cosmetic.

enenen
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2008 July 06, 16:07:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That clears it up; thank you for replying so fast!  Smiley (And for the instructions and resources, too ! Tongue)

*scurries off to finish updating her cc*
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: