More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:06:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  BV Second patch is out *Update*
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: BV Second patch is out *Update*  (Read 13505 times)
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
BV Second patch is out *Update*
« on: 2008 February 14, 03:35:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The REAL patch is up on the official site.
Change log:

* Sims will no longer have the option to call vacation service NPCs after acquiring the business perk "Head for Numbers" which was causing a crash.
    * Sims will no longer have the option to "Call Taxi" using their cell phones if they have driven to the community lot with an own-able vehicle which was causing a crash.
    * If the Sim misses the shuttle, it will no longer return to a vacation lot without the Sim at the end of the vacation. Sometimes, this caused the vacation lot to become unusable.
    * Game will no longer create new vacation NPCs each time a lot is visited which was causing many issues due to character file overload. Any existing extra NPCs will be unlinked and their character files greatly reduced in size.
    * Periodic Events Controller will no longer loop twice per hour through each neighbor which was causing extreme lag on certain machines.
    * Autonomous water-balloon and snowball fights have been tuned so the interaction will occur less frequently.
    * Housekeeper no longer repeatedly spawns.
    * Children will no longer go on a vacation alone if their parent dies before van arrives.
    * Riverblossomhills townies will no longer be invisible when The Sims 2 Seasons is uninstalled.
    * Sims no longer pop out of hammock when WooHoo is rejected.
    * Sims no longer get stuck during logrolling when trying to exit while another is entering.
    * Children can now drink served juice.
    * Undo and Redo can now be used on ClubCubes.
    * Vacation guests no longer leave when a party at a vacation home ends.
    * Locals now change back into native outfits after exiting water.
    * Housekeeper now fills holes and fixes broken objects.
    * Housekeeper now repairs servo.
    * Sims no longer fall in love while chatting in a tent.
    * Sim can now repair stereos.
    * Pets no longer show platinum mood in thumbnail background.
    * Bigfoot can no longer change appearance on the vanity table.
    * Hotels no longer become Community lots after being visited by a Young Adult.
    * Make Furry Friend vacation memento is now achieved by making friends with Big Foot.
    * Souvenirs only restock when Sim has them in inventory.
    * Sledgehammer Tool can no longer be used on Hotels by pressing "J".
    * Sim no longer wants to learn a massage if they have already been learned.
    * Polish Only: Fixed issue with hotel room pricing.
    * You can now queue up multiple Dig For Treasure interactions.
    * When clicking "Ready to Play" the Launcher now launches first.
    * Sims can now be added to a group when "Walk To…" interaction is canceled and re-queued.
    * Sims no longer become stuck in vehicle when transitioning from a Secret Lot to a Vacation Home.
    * Customers reject a massage if the purchase price is set too high.
    * Bigfoot can no longer be asked to go on Group Outing.
    * Fire Dancer Mat and Food Stands cannot be placed in a Sim's inventory.
    * Seating can now be removed from the Food Stands.
    * Fire dancer mat cannot be set for sale.
    * Having the Business Perks interface open when the vacation loading screen begins will no longer cause the game to freeze.
    * Young Adults who are staying at a vacation home no longer have the option to Get Married or Move In another Sim.
    * Sims can no longer assign others to be a masseuse.

Link:http://thesims2.ea.com/update/getpatch.php?appVersion=1.10&languageCode=1

EAxis are really lame with the fixes.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 20, 03:23:54 by Giggy » Logged

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
Re: BV third patch is out
« Reply #1 on: 2008 February 14, 03:50:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not touching that.  Why would EAxis not post it on their own site?

Also it would be the second patch, not the 3rd stupid Giggy.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 14, 04:01:42 by Tigerlilley » Logged

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 February 14, 03:52:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No idea, but I gave up patching my game after the Pets patch fiasco so this is just another one I'll avoid.  Besides, some of those fixes sound like they would be fun to keep, like selling the fire dancing mat.

ETA: I bit the bullet and made a quick recon at the "official" dump.  There are a couple links for downloads and a notation it will be up tomorrow.  I wonder how many things  BVP2 will break.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 14, 03:57:55 by ZiggyDoodle » Logged
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 February 14, 03:53:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, sounds like a load of...junk.  I mean, the housekeeper fixing things?
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 February 14, 03:55:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmmmm, let me see...

new worm warning announced in time for v-day...

no sign of this on the official site...

I'm going to have to go with.... IT'S A FAKE!!!!

Cheesy

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 February 14, 04:00:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

floopy, are you psychic?

Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 February 14, 04:09:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My opinion is that EA would release their patch on their website as they have always done before. This is clearly fake and I am annoyed that anyone would be stupid enough to believe that it could be real. I'm looking at you Giggy. Just because some random person claims that they are EA doesn't mean that it's true. Let's do a test!

HAI EVERYONE! I am MaxoidInvisigoth! I can has released a new patch today!!! Come download it at www.Iswearitsnotavirus.com!!! Srsly! I is a representative of EA!!

So, what do you guys think? Am I really a Maxoid? Well, I SAID that I work for EA so it MUST be true, right? Discuss!

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
cascaneda
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 February 14, 04:25:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please, can someone confirm the last official version is v1.10.0.122 ?
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 February 14, 04:40:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

floopy, are you psychic?

I am, but I also read FARK. Grin

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 February 14, 04:44:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of the fixes are too good to be Maxis.

Some of them are complete bullshit. Why would they remove the ability to direct employees to be a masseuse. You need that. Why wouldn't they let Bigfoot go on a group outing?

Fake, and even if real, not wanted.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 February 14, 05:47:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got my hopes all up regarding the befriending bigfoot memento being fixed though.
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 February 14, 05:58:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of them are complete bullshit. Why would they remove the ability to direct employees to be a masseuse. You need that. Why wouldn't they let Bigfoot go on a group outing?

Fake, and even if real, not wanted.

Actually, they copypasted the fix list from a post that MaxoidShannon made recently. She claims that a new patch with those fixes will be available soon, but she never mentioned anything about it being hosted on some other website or not being officially endorsed by EA, so this one is a fake, but the list is canon.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2008 February 14, 06:04:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of them are complete bullshit. Why would they remove the ability to direct employees to be a masseuse. You need that.

Given  that "Assign... Be Masseuse" is useless now, removing it is the laziest option to choose. You'll note the lack of "Assign... Be Farmer" and "Assign.. Be Fisheman"  in the unmodded Seasons + OFB game. BRY fixes that.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 February 14, 06:06:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, Giggy. tsk tsk.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
IcemanSimmer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: BV Second patch is out
« Reply #14 on: 2008 February 14, 10:02:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After seeing this thread, I went by Game Copy World and there was a no-cd/dvd exe available for this new BV patch. Hatred (the group which released the exe) are not gonna waste their time releasing a crack for a non-existant patch. Searching the various EA sites, the patch is available here:

http://www.electronicarts.co.uk/downloads/4639/

As you can see, its from EA's UK site (why the patch is not on EA's US site is a good question...maybe it will appear there soon). The patch is very much real and upgrades BV from v1.10.0.122 (Patch #1) to v1.10.0.130 (Patch #2).
X-Phile
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 February 14, 10:50:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have seen The Patch 2 list.
http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?threadID=1c56d5b5652d9270ac7b82d004ef20c1&directoryID=189&startRow=1&openItemID=item.189,root.1,item.43,item.104,item.41,item.127,item.23

Al I can say is: Is that all!!!. Or is it just me. There are a lot more glitches.
I will just keep using MATY's hacks. And wait for a 3rd patch with a fixed .exe. Wink
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 February 14, 16:37:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After seeing this thread, I went by Game Copy World and there was a no-cd/dvd exe available for this new BV patch. Hatred (the group which released the exe) are not gonna waste their time releasing a crack for a non-existant patch.
It always takes a while to have a CD-crack released for a patched copy. It can be from one day to never.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 February 14, 18:03:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The patch isn't up on the U.S. EA site.  I'm waiting to see how the mods will be affected by the patch before I install it.  I made my latest game backup last night, so I'm good to go whenever I'm ready to take the plunge.
lauriej
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 February 14, 18:14:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i first say something on the patch on tuesday the 12th,  the same day i found a new cd crack at gamecopy and it is also dated the 12th.  i wont update the game until the patch is out at main site and others give feedback on it.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 February 14, 18:39:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, and when it is endorsed by El Presidente as well.

I may just wait until Free Time comes out. Then I don't have to worry about finding a new crack twice.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 February 14, 19:00:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

GameBurnWorld just puts up whatever anyone sends them whether it works or not, and I noticed that the most recent fixed .exe is suspiciously small. It's very possible that it's a virus.

I am going to stick with .122 until further notice. I can think of no conceivable reason they would put a patch on a UK site but not the USA site.

Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 February 14, 20:49:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HAHA

Well, I have a really silly question... since Europe eps would be the "Pal" version, wouldn't they? Is it safe to download when our systems have to have NTFS versions? Or am I confused?
-BBSer

Idiots shouldn't be allowed to breed.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2008 February 14, 20:58:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

..., and I noticed that the most recent fixed .exe is suspiciously small. It's very possible that it's a virus.

The games themselves are relatively small, the CS no-cd is around the same size. Securom adds it's own virtual machine to translate API calls from the protection, so that's why they bloat up in file size so much. No-cd hacks either fake the VM or try to remove it fully or enough that it doesn't run anymore, the end result is a bunch of zeroed out sections in the game executable which are much easier to compress  Grin Those that remove it entirely are a lot smaller than the ones that try to fake it.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 February 15, 01:55:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right, but it's like 1/3 the size of the others!

Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2008 February 16, 22:57:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't mean it's a virus, they just used a different method of removing the securom and compressed it afterwards (google UPX). Think of it this way: there are essentially two ways to break Securom using a no-cd, one leaves the VM intact and gives it fake answers so it thinks it's legit (more error prone and slower performance, since you're emulating two things on top of the game code), the other removes the VM and rebuilds the game code into normal APIs. If the VM is removed, you have 0's in the space where it was before. It's a lot easier to compress 0's than it is to compress code that translates garbage into the real thing plus extra code to fool it.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: