More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 17:40:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Any way to make car selectable again after turning on car stereo?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Any way to make car selectable again after turning on car stereo?  (Read 5382 times)
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Any way to make car selectable again after turning on car stereo?
« on: 2005 October 31, 09:43:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Besides not turning the radio on in the first place, or having to delete it after turning it on without knowing any better (got my copy of NL late last week and only played for 2 days), any way to fix the car being unselectable? I tried forcing error, Debug-Driver get in to turn stereo off (action dropped off queue as soon as I hit un-pause), deleting and replacing the driveway extension piece the car is placed on, putting the car in inventory and placing it back out, nothing. So, any way to make the car work again or do my sims have to do without a car stereo? Undecided
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
Re: Any way to make car selectable again after turning on car stereo?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 31, 14:22:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My cars are still selectable even after the radio is on (although the only way to turn it off is to get in the blamed car again and they don't automatically turn it off when they get out so there's little music notes all over everywhere <grumble>). All the options were still there.

Have you patched? (My game is patched and I don't remember trying that previously). Other than that, have you removed downloads and checked it to make sure there's not a conflict somewhere?

Unsouper
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 31, 14:25:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a car become not selectable for me and to be honest I am not quite sure what caused it but nothing I tried fixed it even force error reset. I just had to sell it, kaching myself the difference that it depreciated down and rebuy it. Sad

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 31, 15:16:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't there a hack on MTS2, by Numenor, that forces sims to turn off the car stereo when they exit? If you are truly stuck and can't select the car again, I suppose it might not help, unless maybe the sim will go to work autonomously and then turn off the stereo when he gets back home. That is asuming, of course, that the car will become selectable once the stereo is off. It might be permanently glitched.

Fail.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 31, 15:32:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a car become not selectable for me and to be honest I am not quite sure what caused it but nothing I tried fixed it even force error reset. I just had to sell it, kaching myself the difference that it depreciated down and rebuy it. Sad

I had that happen on a community lot, and I sent my Sim home in a taxi only to have her car meet her there.  Huh
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 31, 17:16:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't there a hack on MTS2, by Numenor, that forces sims to turn off the car stereo when they exit?
Yes there is.

As for the selection issue, if you turn on the stereo there appears to be a kind of invisible object added that takes the click actions (walk with me here and forgive me the wrong terminology).
Play with camera angles to get beyond this and get the car menu back.
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 01, 06:22:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I've patched my game, it's the first thing I did after installing.

I was doing multiple dates at home and my sims had the wants to makeout/woohoo in the car, so I directed them to do so, and saw amongst the options available that they could turn on the car stereo, and being curious, I turned it on. I had noticed their teenage daughter was dancing solo to the music while waiting for her date to show up, then when one of the parents rolled up a 'Dance with sim' want, I x out the 'Sit in car' action to fulfil the want (crossing out dancing is faster than crossing out slow dance Tongue), then found out to my dismay they couldn't get back in it because it has become unselectable. It's like the car had turned into a humongous expensive stereo stretching across 5x8 tiles except there are no interactions available. Tried the same thing on 2 other lots, same thing happened. I feel the pinch for my sims as I've just had them get the car alarm installed Sad.

I haven't tried turning the stereo on then off again before they get out, nor turning and leaving it on then wait to see if the car fixes itself when it's time for my sims to go to work. I'm gonna try both later. But in the meantime, is this a common bug, or some glitch only a few get? Or am I missing something that will re-enable my sims to get back in the car?

As for hacks, other than the Official Stuff in the Armory, most of TwoJeffs' (which I checked against JMP's list, which aren't many at the moment so I'm pretty sure I didn't d/l conflicting hacks), I have Crammyboy's NormalClothes; Merola's mind control mirror, multipainting; Inge's hiders, permafridge, days left shrub, no autonomy comp games, stay things shrub, teleporter painting/shrub plus; Monique's computer; Carrigon's safecounterfeit, voodoo bottle and no preg man (from) ufo.

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 01, 11:56:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From other peoples comments above, it sounds like a common glitch that I just haven't got yet. Odd, usually I get everything (case in point, I currently have too many gardeners, jumpiness, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have a too many iterations meltdown here soon-like). Hope you can get it to select by going to work and/or turning it around to a different angle.

<runs off to get the "turn off radio" mod to avoid at least one bug>

Unsouper
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: